Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: North Carolina Tar Heels

Post by AugustWest » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:26 pm

According to the Martin report Nyang’oro and Crowder are solely responsible for the "questionable" classes and grade changes at U*NC. Since neither will talk to Martin he has no idea why they set up fraud classes, forged signatures and changed grades, but he knows enough to conclude that none of it was done to benefit athletes. The no-show class in Naval Studies was set up to prevent vandalism of the building. National grade inflation is responsible for easy classes at U*NC.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Well, I'm glad that's settled. Can't say that I'm proud we let a single rogue professor tarnish a minor department in the liberal arts college, but I'm glad we've taken care of the problem in a timely, honest manner and our reputation as a leading research institution remains unchallenged (not that that was ever in question by anybody with a shred of common sense or decency). The flagship university will be even stronger now. Thanks for playing, Augie...
Last edited by hedge on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:35 pm

Link?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:48 pm

PackPride is in meltdown right now.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Yeah, PP is in meltdown mode. Like I said last week the Martin commission was a joke. Martin apparently didn't interview anybody. He didn't even ask Crowder or any current or past athletes for an interview. Well, U*NC threw academics under the bus for athletics. We'll see what Kane and SACS have to say about it.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:07 pm

LMAO. What Kane has to say about it? That buffoon's feeble attempts to go after that Pulitzer are going to be for naught. Fuck him.

Do you really think that SACS will fuck with our accreditation? Ha.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Auggie is like the coyote in the roadrunner cartoons, he's run off the end of a cliff and his legs are still churning, but there's nothing there. We all know what happens next...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Andrew Carter, N&O (@_andrewcarter):
The word “athlete” appears in the report 157 times. Lots of mentions for a report that concluded this wasn’t an athletic scandal.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by 10ac » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:43 am

"Auggie is like the coyote in the roadrunner cartoons, he's run off the end of a cliff and his legs are still churning, but there's nothing there. We all know what happens next..."

One of the funniest things I have ever seen: I'mat a privat3e residence behind a bar in Rock Island Tennessee. A friend of mine is betting some guy on a Bama Mizzu hame. My friend has Mizzu and the Bamba[a guy wants to double up. about that itme Mizzu scores again. My budsdy laughs and walks oput the bacvk door. The back door is about 2 1/2 floors above the rock bank of the River with no landing. He told me he made two steps before he realized ther was nothing under him.

But the funniest theing th at I ever saw was the t9ime I was working in Mississippi whebn my wife went home to visit her familu=y im Arizona. While she was gon, I put a mirror in th e bedroom window to comb my hair and stuff. I also had an alarm in my van. One night after she r3eturned, the alarm went off and she pulled the curtain back and peeked out the window and saw two eyeballs peering back at her, screamed and fell back on the bed. I ran into th e room and threw back the curtains and saw the mirror and laughed my ass off. I told her "See, that's what I have tro look at every eday.
Let 'er Blow!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:24 am

Hicup

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:58 pm

#20 UNLV @ UNC

lookout for Toronto's Anthony Bennett in his matchup against McAdoo, kid is looking like a top 3 freshman this year

he's undersized but I would say he is a much more athletic version of Sullinger
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:04 am

ok, so the accounting firm paid by U*NC to report to a stooge hand picked by U*NC first said that U*NC academics signed off on the academic fraud in the athletic department are now saying that their report that academics signed off on the academic fraud is completely false and that the academics never signed off on the academic fraud in the athletic department which means that the academic problem in U*NC's athletic department is no longer an academic problem but an athletic problem because the athletic stooge is no longer saying that the academics said that the athletics told them about the academic fraud in the athletic department so the academics didn't sign off on the academic problem in the athletic department.

I think I have that right.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/01/25/ ... rtion.html

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:18 pm

You're right, it's hard to keep up with the bullshit that the N&O has been slinging for the past couple of years. Don't worry, you're not the only one who has concluded that they are a bunch of flailing amateurs...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:46 pm

hedge wrote:You're right, it's hard to keep up with the bullshit that the N&O has been slinging for the past couple of years. Don't worry, you're not the only one who has concluded that they are a bunch of flailing amateurs...
you realize that's from a report by a company selected and paid for by U*NC right?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 pm

That N&O was "reporting" on...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:51 pm

BTW, good win for your boys tonight. Glad we made it respectable but we don't have the horses to hang with ya'll this year. Shouldn't have been as close as it was, but this year I'll take moral victories when I can get them...

AugustWest
Senior

Post by AugustWest » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:10 pm

hedge wrote:That N&O was "reporting" on...
What is your point? Jim Martin said that U*NC athletics told U*NC academics that U*NC athletes were clustering in no-show classes. All 8 of the academics at the meeting say they were told no such thing and the minutes bear that out so Baker Tilly is now admitting that their first report is bullshit. These things happen when you run a half-assed "investigation" based on lies when the facts are readily available to anybody that's willing to look for them. Don't worry this only about the 50th lie that U*NC has been caught in since this investigation started. U*NC still has deep pockets and the bribes to Emmert are holding firm. OTOH when Holden actually retires in a couple of months and Emmert finds out he's never gonna be chancellor at tha U* you might want to have an alternate plan.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 am

"the bribes to Emmert are holding firm."

Is this another one of those things you keep referring to as a "fact"? LMAO...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:05 am

"I had to hand it to him. He tossed a lot of sand in their eyes. He talked about how I'd lost my place in the universe. How I was too ordinary to be the criminal mastermind the D.A. made me out to be, how there was some greater scheme at work that the state had yet to unravel. He told them to look at me, look at me close. That the closer they looked, the less sense it would all make. That I wasn't the kind of guy to kill a guy, that I was the barber, for Christ's sake. I was just like them, an ordinary man. Guilty of living in a world that had no place for me, yeah. Guilty of wanting to be a dry cleaner, sure. But not of murder. He said I was modern man. And if they voted to convict me, they'd be practically cinching the noose around their own necks. He told them to look not at the facts, but at the meaning of the facts. And then he said the facts had no meaning. It was a pretty good speech. Even had me going, until Frankie interrupted it."

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:11 am

Damn, dude, you're so twisted up about this academic shit that you can't even enjoy your first win over the Heels in I can't remember when. NCState's best season in forever and you're still yapping about some AFAM bullshit that everybody but you and your redneck brethren has forgotten about months ago (if they even cared at all, which hardly anybody did). It's college sports, for god's sake. Nobody gives a shit even in the worst of cases, unless you throw in pedophilia, that got some mileage for a few weeks in the case of Penn State, but everybody has moved on from even that by now. The average person, even the average sports fans - even the average college sports fan - doesn't give a shit about this "issue" that has had a stob up your ass for the past 2 years. Read this slowly: It's over. What you wanted to happen didn't happen. Nobody gives a shit. Now enjoy your basketball season...