Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Baseball

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:15 pm

Dave23 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:28 pm And there it is…

All you were missing was the movie clip that adds nothing to the conversation…
BAHAHAHA!

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:20 pm

Obviously IB was way out of his jurisdiction on this one. Better luck next time, prick.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:39 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:18 pm The idea that NFL and NBA owners are brilliant to use colleges is more dumbfuckery from you.
(shocked look, scrolls back to make sure it is aTm saying this and not jungle rat)

What could you possibly be saying? World War II? Professional baseball being more established? That is the reason why they have a farm system and the NFL doesn't? What THE FUCK are you talking about?

The 32 NFL owners have two rules to run their league, two: #1) make as much money as they can collectively and #2) let nothing get in the way of rule number one. That is why they try all sorts of funky shit (instant replay, constantly changing overtime rules, pink socks for breast cancer awareness, revenue sharing, hard cap on a team's player payroll, tv blackouts for local broadcast as punishment to the locals for not selling out the game, shaking down the city with the threat to move the whole franchise if they don't get what they want and a WILLINGNESS to follow through on that threat, etc) all sorts of things that the other professional leagues have never even thought or dreamed of. And they keep doing this shit, they don't stop. Those 32 owners are cutthroat, brilliant, mother fuckers. You think for even one second, if the owners thought they could make even one penny more in profit by running their own farm system that they wouldn't do it? Are you high on crack?

The most expensive part of professional player development, the NFL has succeeded in offshoring ALL OF THAT to 130+ major universities at NO cost to them. They get the privilege of witnessing FOR FREE (over 3, 4, or even 5 years) how a possible future player can handle himself against the toughest competition available, all the while, growing, getting stronger, and faster. Why would they want to fuck that up? They could have a farm league TOMORROW but..... why????? Why buy the cow if you get the milk for FREE?

Look I totally respect you aTm, you know that. But the stuff you said lately about MLB not playing with metal bats because of cost or what-not, do you have some kind of PERSONAL BIAS here that prevents you from taking a step back and looking at this unemotionally?
Last edited by innocentbystander on Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Dave23 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:41 pm

No, it’s just that you clearly know fuckall about baseball.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:59 pm

Well I clearly know that you are acting like a girl on the rag because I said you like to waste your time watching the college world series. But, go for it. (Ping) There, another hit with a metal bat. Enjoy. Let me guess, you buy tickets to watch semi-pro football too? Heh heh.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:01 pm

I ain't reading all that crap.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:05 pm

that is because you have the attention span of a middle schooler with TikTok brain

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:07 pm

No. It's because I don't want a headache. Sit the fuck down already.

Tree
Senior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Tree » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:39 pm

Quiet down, nerds. Game 3 of the NBA Finals is about to start.
Butt juice

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:46 pm

Personal bias? Like I work for the bat mafia or what? Aluminum bats are used because they dont break. Wood bats are more expensive when you have to replace them repeatedly and carry around more than one for every game just in case. Thats why they are used in college, little league etc. Every level used wood for a hundred years until the 70s basically. My Dad played little league with wood bats. Pros never switched because cost isnt a concern. Sure, aluminum bats became cannons after a couple decades and lax oversight, but thats due to natural competition in the sporting goods market that the switch created.

There was never a decision not use aluminum bats in the pros because they were too good. There was never a decision to use them in amateur sports to make hitters better either. They’re used because they dont break easily. Your whole rant is nonsense to anybody thats played baseball.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:55 pm

Exactly.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:56 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:46 pm Personal bias? Like I work for the bat mafia or what?
No. Like you have a personal connection to one of the kids playing in this college world series.

Aluminum bats were banned in MLB. Not even farm teams can use them because the players would just crush the ball. They let them use aluminum bats in little league, high school, and college, because these players are (generally) not going to crush the ball and hurt other people. If you can't get that, I don't know what else to say. Google all you want but all the statistics back up my assertion, and not yours.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:05 pm

Aluminum bats are not banned in MLB. They have never been allowed even before they existed or thought of. Bats have simply been required to be made of wood since 1857 ( the 8 is not a typo).

Again, colleges switched shortly after little league to stop having to replace so many bats. They changed the rules to allow them, not the other way around. They also sucked ass compared to wood and many players still chose wood because Worth made shitty ones. Easton and Louisville Slugger later dominated and started an arms race with each other that led to high performance bats.

Im sorry reality doesnt agree with the way you believe things should be
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:06 pm

Exactly.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:07 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:05 pm Aluminum bats are not banned in MLB. They have never been allowed even before they existed or thought of.
That means banned.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:13 pm

No. How do you ban something that doesnt exist yet? Also i added more to my last post for you edification but Im sure you’ll continue digging your heels for whatever reason.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:48 pm

aTm wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:13 pm No. How do you ban something that doesnt exist yet? Also i added more to my last post for you edification but Im sure you’ll continue digging your heels for whatever reason.
The one who is digging his heels in, is you.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=e ... 98&dpr=1.5
Metal bats are not approved in professional baseball. As a bamboo bat would be a composite bat, it would need approval from the League to be used. Birch, Ash and Maple bats are the most used ones. Hickory is also legal, but it makes a really heavy bat so most players don't use these bats
Not allowed. Banned. That's it. No further discussion from me on this. Swallow your pride.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:01 pm

When were they banned?

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:10 pm

The rules around bats are very, very simple. Im sure you’ve never read them. I, on the other hand, like many others, could cite you which rule in the official rules deals with bats. Metal bats are not mentioned at all and never have been for a hundred years. Saying the pros dont use bats for safety is an anachronism. Its reverse logic. Pros dont use metal bats because they just dont. MLB could easily have Louisville or Easton make deadened and safe aluminum bat to their perfect specification if they wanted. They dont, bats are traditionally wood and they can buy and keep enough that breaking them doesnt matter. Each player has racks of ‘em.

Amateur levels allowed alternative material bats to solve the problem of them breaking. This isnt any kind of deep analysis.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:52 am

"Look Dave, if you want to watch college baseball, go ahead. I don't care. Watch it. Waste your time. But that is a sub-standard sport played by sub-standard baseball players who (largely) will never hold a bat or glove for pay once they graduate. I won't watch it."

Then why do you watch college basketball? The vast majority who play college basketball don't get drafted or play pro ball at any level...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.