Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by sardis » Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:21 pm

That means he shoots his age and hardly anyone does that.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:22 pm

You can’t bet on Trump, but you have to bet on one of the others. Who do you put a grand on?

https://www.realclearpolling.com/bettin ... /president

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:58 am

eCat wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:21 pm Thomas Massie wife of 35 years died yesterday. He is naturally devastated. Met her in High School, they both went to MIT.
Looks like he was 18 when they got married...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:02 pm

sardis wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:21 pm That means he shoots his age and hardly anyone does that.
If I was 100 right now I could...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:06 pm

sardis wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:21 pm That means he shoots his age and hardly anyone does that.
Yeah, there are folks like my uncle and a retired judge I know who will rock your ass because you think they're over 75, but it's so damn hard due to normal aging. It's why I also think Trump is full of shit about his golf game -- apart from being a liar in general.

My uncle who turns 80 next month can shoot / break his age from time to time. He was scratch for a long time though and took a lot of folks' money hustling around with MacGregor VIP blades and then Mizuno baldes back in the day. Just looked him up in GHIN. He's a 14.4 index now and shot a 78 in April and a 78 in December. He can putt like it's going out of style with his 50+ year old Ping putter (I think it's a PAL but can't remember exactly) that he inevitably puts back in his bag every year despite having bought dozens of putters since then.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:03 pm

I have two old Ping Anser putters that I wouldn’t trade for any other putter.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:29 pm

I'd like to wrap it around your skull.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:14 pm

That was rather artless...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:34 pm

I don't know. I don't think Biden drops out. But I don't know.

My four closest friends who still live in Boston told me, that even if Biden is a corpse, they are still voting for Biden. It has nothing to do with the 34 felony convictions. They would let the earth be turned into a nuclear hellscape rather than Trump get one more supreme court pick to stop women's right to abortion. And they have no problem with all the illegal alien crossings. That is partially because they all work in academia or technology and none of their jobs or earning power is threatened by illegal aliens (and they don't give a fuck about US citizens who are just "working people.") It is also partially because they don't live at the border and they don't fear any illegal raping any of their daughters. But mostly because their leftism means (from an immigration standpoint) that "all-are-welcome." That said, Biden is still their pick because he is submissive. He does what he is told. If the DNC tells him to pick a transgender to direct the health and human services agency, then that is what Biden will do (and what he did.) If the DNC tells him to pick a chin-in-the-air, Mussolini twin to arrogantly and stubbornly lead the Department of Homeland Security with an "all-are-welcome" position on the border, that is what Biden will do (and what he did.) If the DNC tells him to appoint an insane, progressive, Critical Race Theory bitch (who refuses to define what a woman is) to the Supreme Court, that is what Biden will do (and what he did.) He submits. So the way they see it (from their higher education, academia standpoint) Biden's Alzheimer's works to their advantage. It just means Biden obeys. And my four closest friends from Boston, my lifelong friends, they love that he obeys.

We don't know if any of these other candidates (Whitmer, Newsome, Shapiro, Buttigieg, any of them) will obey the DNC.

Biden submits. We have a submissive POTUS who obeys those "elites" who put him into power and as a poppet, he will just do whatever they tell him to do. And Biden takes all the blame for any political backlash from the people. Its a win-win. About the ONLY THING that Biden might NOT submit to, is stepping aside. And with all the delegates behind him, why should he? I don't see him stepping down. But as I said at the beginning, I don't know.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Jun 30, 2024 2:30 pm

He's arguably in some kind of 24/7 coma where he can mumble some vague shit once in a while. I doubt he wants to go through the rigors of another election. More likely the DNC sees him as the best option to win again, which is embarrassing. They probably fill his head with the same lies they do the current liberals. We need you to step up once more to make sure we can beat Trump, etc etc. Meanwhile the back end of the party keeps the war machine and banks stripping what little wealth we have left in the coffers and giving it to a select few elites.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:59 pm

I'll never get close to my age at 80. I'm in the high 80's now at 57 and no signs of improvement. I'm retired, have plenty of time, and a member of a club, but I can't get myself out there all the time, especially in this heat. I think the most I've played is twice in one week. A fellow partner of mine who retired a year earlier than I played 260 rounds in 2023. He's 67 and plays no matter what and is now a +9 handicap. He may have a chance when he's in his 70's

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:08 pm

sardis wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:59 pm He's 67 and plays no matter what and is now a +9 handicap. He may have a chance when he's in his 70's
No he’s not. A +9 would make him one of the best players in the world. And, a 9 handicap, which is what you probably meant, stinks and is extremely unlikely to be shooting in the low 70s.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:00 pm

Snotty

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:13 pm

sardis wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:59 pm I'll never get close to my age at 80. I'm in the high 80's now at 57 and no signs of improvement. I'm retired, have plenty of time, and a member of a club, but I can't get myself out there all the time, especially in this heat. I think the most I've played is twice in one week. A fellow partner of mine who retired a year earlier than I played 260 rounds in 2023. He's 67 and plays no matter what and is now a +9 handicap. He may have a chance when he's in his 70's
+9? No offense to you, but I can't believe he's a legit +9 at the age of 67.

Jon Rahm keeps a handicap on GHIN for gambling with his buddies. He's a +9.5.

I know a kid who is a HS All-American headed to Carolina over offers from everywhere. He made it to match play of the US Amateur (not the Junior Amateur) last year at 16/17 years old, and he's a +5.2 (just looked him up on GHIN).

Jon Rahm's GHIN:
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:22 pm

I found a great tik tok I wanted to post last week about how Jews run the media, but it seems to have been deleted/censored. No surprise there. It basically outline how the top 5 corporations that control US media are mostly Jew run, and then has a clever caption. "Owning a TV is like having a Jew in your living room." So true, brahs.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor