Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by aTm » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Full out legalization is not going to be some minor event affecting a small portion of the population that currently uses it. Truly legalizing heroin in any kind of non hypocritical way means "heroin" disappears from the market completely and big pharma is selling opiates essentially over the counter. Many MILLIONS would be addicts, IMO.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:42 pm

No way heroin should be legal. Ever. I've seen many addicted and many die in my lifetime of recovery. It's pure evil. However I am all for marijuana legalization. You can't compare the two. Just not possible. I know some say that weed is a gateway drug but I call bullshit on that. I've never known anyone that has happened to.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:49 pm

I think cocaine is way worse than heroin...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:53 pm

in Thailand they sell meth in pill form called Yaba.

A few years ago they started selling a pink version that tasted like chocolate and looked like a prescription pill with WY imprinted on it

they created it so they would attract children.

Thailand has the death penalty for convicted drug traffickers.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:00 pm

If weed is a "gateway drug" its mainly because its the first drug where you have to access the black market which is going to be the same way you get access to "harder" stuff. If weed was legal, it wouldn't be any more of gateway than alcohol and tobacco already are.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:03 pm

aTm wrote:If weed is a "gateway drug" its mainly because its the first drug where you have to access the black market which is going to be the same way you get access to "harder" stuff. If weed was legal, it wouldn't be any more of gateway than alcohol and tobacco already are.

kinda like with DS - a butt plug is a gateway to a double dong 18" dildo
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:08 pm

Perfect

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Although when I think of DS and a butt plug I picture a basketball

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:14 pm

cardiac standards are to draw a troponin level as the key blood test to see if you are having a cardiac event

anything above 0.1 is considered abnormal

suppose you were at 0.15 most hospitals are going to initiate the cardac cath protocol and gets your ass back there for a cath

if he is not having issues at that particular time imho the smart thing would have been draw another troponin level and see if its trending down or up
but hospitals don't make as much money that way. they don't lose as many patients either. tough call to make

ask bill Paxton about doing routine heart procedures --too much risk/money involved in doing heart caths as a screening tool

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Well damn, look at the risk of not doing it...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Like I said, it wouldn't help that much.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:48 am

I've got 3 recent college grads working for me .

I had to have what we call a coaching moment with one of them at work because he's he supposed to crank out content at about a ratio of 3:1 (3 hours of editing/design for every 1 hour of raw) and the past month he's burned me for 9:1 on my project. By comparison I am doing the same work on a smaller scale and I am at 2:1.

and worse, he now has the other two estimating their future work at 9:1 based on his input to them.

I wasn't harsh with him but I could tell he hated me at the end of the conversation.

I know what's happening - he's responsible for other work on other projects and is prepping for it on my time.

Maybe I just have a bad group but getting these 3 guys to consistently do high quality work - for the $70K a year we are paying these 24ish noobs - seems to be alot harder than it should be.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:14 am

In management, if you want friends, get a dog. They're pushing boundaries.

"Here is what I want. It is reasonable. If you don't meet those targets on a regular basis, perhaps this is not the job for you. Perhaps I can help you transition to a new position. Let me know."
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Fire one. It gets their attention.

Normally, my newbies have a high level of masochism that they'll outwork all those who are in place for a while. Sad that you have newbies already working like a grizzled vet. In my place, the newbies scare a bit more activity out of the institutionalized slackers.

Seriously, somebody needs to be made example of.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:32 pm

external forces beyond my control may solve the problem for me.

however I don't think I'll be able to get a replacement.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:18 pm

Back to the heart attack, I have no interest in knowing the condition of my heart. I will assume that it's a miracle mine is still beating given the amount of coke and Ecstasy that I ingested, not to mention smoking cigarettes and weed for years along with my general lack of conditioning now.

I'd rather die of a heart attack like my father and his father than die of cancer like my mom and both my grandmothers. Yet, despite literally feeling my heart pause once after eating about 10 hits of e-ball and snorting 4 or 5 gigantic rails at a Radiators show at the Fillmore in SF once, not to mention countless other times I smoked or snorted coke well beyond a healthy limit, somehow I'm still here. I have this sinking feeling that I'm going to be forced to live well into my 80s or beyond.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:33 pm

With an oxygen tank and colostomy bag on your hip. Fun times

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:38 pm

Smoking a Marlboro red and eating pork ribs with Cheerwine.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:49 pm

God Speed

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:55 am

for the past year or so, I've been putting music on a 16gb usb stick because I have a usb port in my car. 16gb holds more music than my simple radio can reasonably use but at any rate, its great for road trips or whatever.

last week it died on me and I couldn't figure out how to fix it , but my car also has bluetooth. Up until now I only used it for phone calls. I have music on my phone but I don't like the idea of loading up my phone with music, and also I use Waze quite a bit as well as wanting to have my phone ready to make a call so I"m reluctant to use my phone for music.

My wife had an old iPhone 3G that has 16gb on it that we haven't used in years, so I got it out, reset it back to factory and charged it. When you reset it back to factory, it needs to be activated via iTunes if you don't have a valid sim card in it, but once you activate it thru iTunes, its essentially a kick ass MP3/Video player with built in wifi. The camera sucks of course, but I don't care about that anyways.

The battery on the phone isn't great because its so old, so I went out to ebay looking for a battery and saw you can buy these phones all day long for $20-$40 in great shape. I didn't buy one because I figured out how to get the battery to charge

but the point of this post is - I guess people today just use their phone for all of this, but I like the idea of a dedicated resource for the car , for yard work, the gym or whatever because I don't want to take the chance of fucking up my expensive cell phone - and these old iPhone 3G's with bluetooth and wifi are perfect for that. in the past 2 years I have replaced the screen on my wife, my son and my daughters cell phones, AND I just bought the kids new ones (if you want a cheap competent cell phone, get the unlocked Moto G4 32gb for $220).

Also, I got on a kick of buying sound bars for my house - mainly because those echo dots I have around the house, so I can use this thing to connect to any sound bar in the house via bluetooth and listen to music if I'm making dinner or whatever.

So this thing has been sitting in a drawer for maybe 5 years or more and now its the got new life as a mp3 player with some wifi apps if I want