Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:02 am

In the case of insurance it probably reduces risk slightly to provide health insurance. Probably also is good for recruiting.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Saint » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:04 am

the problem with Obamacare is that it's a compromise. he should have insisted on the single-payer public option or shit-canned the deal.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:44 am

That was the Ted Kennedy appoach in the early 70s (when Nixon was willing to work with him) and Kennedy was kicking himself ever since. Those conversations were had and those lessons (along with Clinton's move in '93) learned. Obama was not going to do another "baby and the bathwater" move. He has a lot of faults, but one thing he is a very methodical person who gets results (even if you don't like that result or if it's not the result he exactly wanted).
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:02 am

After reading a few blogs and opinions I now believe Romney has little chance of winning barring a major Obama screw up.

Ron Paul still has 12% of the GOP base they were counting on casting a vote for Romney. Those people see Romney and Obama as the same character. If Romney doesn't figure out a way to get Ron Paul to endorse him at the convention (and Ron Paul having a convention 3 days before the GOP convention doesn't make that look good) then he lost that vote and I suspect most of the latino vote. He never had the black vote to begin with. WASP red states won't be enough.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:20 am

eCat wrote:Those people see Romney and Obama as the same character.
Thanks for catching up.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:34 am

"In the case of insurance it probably reduces risk slightly to provide health insurance. Probably also is good for recruiting."

I wonder if Cal is offering health insurance?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:36 am

hedge wrote:"In the case of insurance it probably reduces risk slightly to provide health insurance. Probably also is good for recruiting."

I wonder if Cal is offering health insurance?
poverty insurance
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:39 am

I think poverty insurance is what you get when you get an actual degree from a real school.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:51 am

aTm wrote:I think poverty insurance is what you get when you get an actual degree from a real school.

I bet there are alot of unemployed 23 years old who would disagree (who owe about 40K in student loans).

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:03 pm

problem I have with obama care after reading all the provisions kicking in is last i heard medicare was bankrupting the country.

The national debt is skyrocketing with medicare and SS leading the way.

now we are going to add 30 plus costly provisions over the next 5-6 years and expect our governement to manage it without blowing the hinges off the budget

funny

the only possible redeeming factor is the one dealing with the doctors. if you can regulate doctors enough especially during that magic age --last 2 years of life you could save a shitload. let the doctors explain why they are ording a bunch of tests on a stage 4 lung cancer or demented grandaddy who is 90 etc etc.

but the ama and american public would never let that happen

something to be said for darwins theory of propagation of the species. --if you've spent your whole life being nothing but a drain on society and cyou contribute nothing--why should the taxpayer pay for your medical care to keep you draining even more off of society? that s little drastic but certainly trhere should be limits. obamas bill states clearly there are no llimits

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:33 pm

conspiracy theory guys are going to be all over this

Andrew Brietbart dies shortly after he announces he has "shocking video" about Obama. (it wasn't all that shocking but stay with me)

Now Brietbart's coroner dies after announcing his cause of death

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:13 pm

I'd be all for ending SS if the gov't would cut me a check for everything I've paid in, with interest, over the past 30 years.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:43 pm

eCat wrote:conspiracy theory guys are going to be all over this

Andrew Brietbart dies shortly after he announces he has "shocking video" about Obama. (it wasn't all that shocking but stay with me)

Tying up those loose ends before November...

They should have seen the writing on the wall when Obama ordered the Somali Pirates taken out. He doesn't fuck around. You said it best when you called him (paraphrasing) a "cold blooded, efficient killing machine who sleeps easy at night afterward."

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:47 pm

wonder how Obama would have handled Saddam's invasion of Kuwait

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:56 pm

eCat wrote:conspiracy theory guys are going to be all over this

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Saint wrote:wonder how Obama would have handled Saddam's invasion of Kuwait

Well, he probably would not have indicated to Saddam that the US would not get involved in a Kuwaiti/Iraqi conflict, beforehand, like one administration did back in 1990...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Then he would have shot him in the head point blank.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Which I would have applauded

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Saddam kept Iran in check for decades...and definitely in the 90s. If he didn't try to blow up Bush 41's (GHWB) motorcade in Qatar back in the day, Bush 43 (Dubya) may not have had the quick hard-on wanting to take him down. Saddam, in a weird way, held a portion of that area together politically.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:36 pm

roblem I have with obama care after reading all the provisions kicking in is last i heard medicare was bankrupting the country.
PPACA has nothing to do with medicare and nobody is being added under PPACA to the medicare system. 17 million basically healthy people are being added to the medicaid system. There are also some increases in the medicaid tax for people making over 250,000 per year. It's one of the reasons that there is an expectation (by the CBO) that PPACA will actually decrease the budget over the next several years. If you are complaining that PPACA does not to bring down medicare and costs in the later years, then you are correct. But that's not what it was for.

I also strongly disagree that this was quickly put together. It was first proposed in 1993 by Republicans (presented by Sen. Chaffee and with the mandate) in response to the Clinton single payer system as a market driven and incentive based way to improve health care. It was later adopted in Massachusetts as a Republican reasonable plan that Romney and others thought should be expanded to the national govt. They started working on it in February, essentially finished it in August, but didn't get it passed (primarily because of games played by Reid) until October of 2012, 19 years after it was first proposed.
My Dad is my hero still.