sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by sardis » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:03 pm

eCat wrote:
sardis wrote:I've never quite followed Fast and Furious because I never thought it that important. I know with Reagan it was arms for hostages. What was sought with the ATF weapons? Information? Rogue agents wanting money?

And I don't want no shitbaggery Google link from you, ATM...

the assumption is that by flooding the Mexican cartels at the border with weapons, it would result in greater pressure to push thru anti-second amendment legislation. Its Obama's back door approach to the supreme's ruling against various gun control laws in place at the local levels.

I don't know if anyone remembers but a few years ago I was on here railing against news reports that Mexicans were buying full auto machine guns from American gun dealers on the border which I felt was a lie. Turns out some of those guns came directly from the BATF dumping them. A border patrol guard was killed with one of them by a Mexican cartel drug smuggler and the whole operation blew up when they traced the gun. Holder has been playing hard ball since he was caught in a lie about if and when he knew of the operation. I now believe those news reports were coming from the BATF and the Obama administration to create a public perception of guns sales leading to innocent Americans dying and clamp down on assault weapons.

I don't know if Obama is involved or not but who would be surprised if he was, and if he is, Holder is now in the undesirable position of attempting to save his ass or the presidents.

For whatever reason some leading Republicans have backed off the contempt proceedings. I'm not sure why other than perhaps they are hoping that if Obama does get re-elected then they will have a Nixon-Watergate situation on their hands to roll him out with.
Wow, I don't know. That's kinda involved to just prove a point about gun control. There's other dubious things Oprama is pulling where you can see where it benefits him politically, but this doesn't seem worth it even if it never came to light.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:07 pm

its not so whacky

"“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Barack Obama reportedly told Sarah Brady regarding gun control. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

This interesting bit of news was reported in an April 11, 2011 Washington Post Lifestyle section story about Obama’s gun-control and regulatory policy wonk Steve Croley. Toward the end of the article the writer, Jason Horowitz, mentions a March 30 meeting between Jim and Sarah Brady and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney during which the President “dropped in.”

Horowitz quotes Sarah Brady relating how President Obama gave his personal assurance that he and his administration were working hard on a gun-control agenda. Brady reported that Obama then told them about advancing the agenda “under the radar.”"
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Every second term gets its scandal. Let's see where this goes...
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:19 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Cletus wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:I have no authority. I offer suggestions, not commandments.
You are the appointed counselor. You are the authority figure in the relationship. And that is a huge problem.
You don't know what you are talking about. You don't know me. You don't know how I counsel. You don't know how many of us there are in the room at one time. You don't know what counseling is if you think I act as an authority figure. And you apparently don't know what a huge problem is.
I just read the thread from May and it's very clear that you, fueled by your idiotic religion, are the huge problem.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Cletus wrote:I just read the thread from May and it's very clear that you, fueled by your idiotic religion, are the huge problem.
Cletus, I'll say this once politely. I'm not sure there is anyone here who cares what you very clearly think. I know I sure don't.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:28 pm

eCat wrote:its not so whacky

"“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Barack Obama reportedly told Sarah Brady regarding gun control. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

This interesting bit of news was reported in an April 11, 2011 Washington Post Lifestyle section story about Obama’s gun-control and regulatory policy wonk Steve Croley. Toward the end of the article the writer, Jason Horowitz, mentions a March 30 meeting between Jim and Sarah Brady and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney during which the President “dropped in.”

Horowitz quotes Sarah Brady relating how President Obama gave his personal assurance that he and his administration were working hard on a gun-control agenda. Brady reported that Obama then told them about advancing the agenda “under the radar.”"
The fact they thought this was a good idea is very whacked. I mean they really thought they could sell the prospect that Mexican violence was the result of lax gun control laws in U.S.?

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Cletus would round up all the Christians to the Roman Coliseum if he could...

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:34 pm

sardis wrote:Cletus would round up all the Christians to the Roman Coliseum if he could...
Sounds good to me. True believers like IB and the folks at Bob Jones University Press who are publishing and distributing books like this

http://www.talk2action.org/story/2012/6 ... _Textbooks

are not doing the world any favors.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:38 pm

eCat wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:IB. What experience do you have with divorce? She leave you because you drank too much or she had a thing for the pool boy?

shit I should be doing divorce counseling then.
You and me both, I was example #1. I'M GONNA BE RICH!!!!!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:51 pm

"You've been in prison Hedge??? I remember Rat was a guest of the county once, but you??"

Yep, hard time. The hardest. I'm a badass motherfucker...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:52 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:IB. What experience do you have with divorce? She leave you because you drank too much or she had a thing for the pool boy?
I've never been divorced. That said, there has been way too many divorces in my family (aunts, uncles, brother's-in-law, etc.) So I talked to them and I read a lot of books. I pull in as much information as I can. That is the best I can do.
So you have never been in a divorce situation where the wife leaves for whatever reason? Dude, I'm sorry, and I thank you for your concern about my mom on my thread but I have to be honest. What fucking world do you live in? Have you sat next to your divorce attorney listening to stories about you so far out there your head is about to explode? Have you lived through the devastation of waking up the next day knowing your entire lifes savings was just cut in half? Or that you can't have any contact with your children? Have you spent time in jail because of a bullshit CPO? Or 4 of them? Pick a subject you relate too to help people. I get that you have been called, but divorce counseling isn't it.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:01 pm

IB is fulfilling his calling in here very astutely...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 pm

hedge wrote:IB is fulfilling his calling in here very astutely...
apparently his calling is to administer a beatdown to Hedge the likes of which he hasnt seen since the days of Words...

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:22 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
hedge wrote:"A near bottomless capacity for vengeance over the least, or even imagined, slights."

I certainly feel this towards you, IB...
I don't care.
hedgelet slapped down by the church lady!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:I've never been divorced. That said, there has been way too many divorces in my family (aunts, uncles, brother's-in-law, etc.) So I talked to them and I read a lot of books. I pull in as much information as I can. That is the best I can do.
So you have never been in a divorce situation where the wife leaves for whatever reason? Dude, I'm sorry, and I thank you for your concern about my mom on my thread
you are welcome
Jungle Rat wrote:but I have to be honest. What fucking world do you live in? Have you sat next to your divorce attorney listening to stories about you so far out there your head is about to explode?
Not a divorce attorney but a defense one, yes. He was there to help me get a bullshit restraining order quashed. You see I was intimately involved with a woman who was BPD and yes, I had to listen to stories about me so far out there my head was about to explode.

I won. I was lucky. Cost me $700 for being intimately involved with a Person of the Lie. I got out of that one cheap. I didn't lose half my life savings, nor was I prevented from seeing my kids, nor did I ever spend a day in jail. But (had she not showed me her true colors before I put a ring on her finger) I was damn close to marrying her and (had I done that) I would have eventually had all those things that happened to you, happen to me.

I was lucky.

I know how hard it is Rat. I know how brutal this society can be for men (particularly those with children) who choose to marry the wrong woman. I see this shit every single week. Thats why I try to help them before they face the same fate far too many of you here on this forum had to go through.

If you lived near me, I would probably ask you to help me.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Gator by God's Grace wrote:
hedge wrote:IB is fulfilling his calling in here very astutely...
apparently his calling is to administer a beatdown to Hedge the likes of which he hasnt seen since the days of Words...
i think Hedge enjoys my slaps. if he didn't, he wouldn't keep asking for more

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:29 pm

sardis wrote:Cletus would round up all the Christians to the Roman Coliseum if he could...
But then what would he do? It's not like they allow him to own a gun anymore.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:35 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:I've never been divorced. That said, there has been way too many divorces in my family (aunts, uncles, brother's-in-law, etc.) So I talked to them and I read a lot of books. I pull in as much information as I can. That is the best I can do.
So you have never been in a divorce situation where the wife leaves for whatever reason? Dude, I'm sorry, and I thank you for your concern about my mom on my thread
you are welcome
Jungle Rat wrote:but I have to be honest. What fucking world do you live in? Have you sat next to your divorce attorney listening to stories about you so far out there your head is about to explode?
Not a divorce attorney but a defense one, yes. He was there to help me get a bullshit restraining order quashed. You see I was intimately involved with a woman who was BPD and yes, I had to listen to stories about me so far out there my head was about to explode.

I won. I was lucky. Cost me $700 for being intimately involved with a Person of the Lie. I got out of that one cheap. I didn't lose half my life savings, nor was I prevented from seeing my kids, nor did I ever spend a day in jail. But (had she not showed me her true colors before I put a ring on her finger) I was damn close to marrying her and (had I done that) I would have eventually had all those things that happened to you, happen to me.

I was lucky.

I know how hard it is Rat. I know how brutal this society can be for men (particularly those with children) who choose to marry the wrong woman. I see this shit every single week. Thats why I try to help them before they face the same fate far too many of you here on this forum had to go through.

So is that a "Yes" You have never been in divorce situation? Then honestly, you have no grounds to give advice to others about divorce. Sorry

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:So you have never been in a divorce situation where the wife leaves for whatever reason? Dude, I'm sorry, and I thank you for your concern about my mom on my thread
you are welcome

I was lucky.

So is that a "Yes" You have never been in divorce situation? Then honestly, you have no grounds to give advice to others about divorce. Sorry
Correct. I have no grounds for that. I'm not giving them advice about divorce. I am giving them advice on how they can try to save their marriage. If it gets to the official divorce, then I can't help them.

I work on marital problems (sometime pre-marriage) not divorce problems.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:05 pm

You need help.