eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:47 pm

yea, I'm all for letting them say what they want

but I'm also for government refusing to support them in any way creating an environment where students are subjected to the ideologies of professors outside their area of expertise.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:49 pm

I wouldn't have gotten all poetic like that, but professors are more or less the priests of democracy.

In the 70's any university professor who was too far to the left, meaning overly critical of capitalism, was purged from the system.

Now it's happening again except instead of dealing with the root cause issues of class and wealth distribution, today's "left" wants to talk about identity politics, which is a relatively safe topic for the corporations and billionaires, but it's still something they can use to whip the conservatives into a frenzy and get votes.

Also If pay means the state dictates what gets taught, you're going to have a wide variety of curriculums from one state to the next, and possibly one year to the next, which would be a hot mess.

It comes down to what's being taught. I don't want CRT to be taught in schools because even though it's more or less on point, we don't keep shit that real in school for obvious reasons. They can learn how the real world works when they get older.
Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:10 pm

It's all on the laptop I'm tellin ya. This change of heart with the Saudis comes after the House said they're going in. The VA, also on there. Probably on Reagans too since the problem isn't new.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:30 pm

"This is a disgrace and only happening because I am leading in every poll in both parties."

Delusional

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:47 pm

aTm wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:35 pm Lmao at “professors are priests of democracy.”

What a load of horseshit. Professors are researchers, educators, and also con artists. They include foreigners, communists, fascists. Democracy is nowhere to be found on a University campus, even in the halls of the retards that learn how to be professional grifters in the hallowed traditions of “student government”

Perhaps if the government of Florida should not have any oversight over these “priests,” perhaps also Florida should not pay their fucking salaries either.
So, who do you admire?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:08 pm

Joe McCarthy clearly.
Butt juice

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:14 pm

Tax Consultants
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:32 pm

aTm wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:35 pm Lmao at “professors are priests of democracy.”

What a load of horseshit. Professors are researchers, educators, and also con artists. They include foreigners, communists, fascists. Democracy is nowhere to be found on a University campus, even in the halls of the retards that learn how to be professional grifters in the hallowed traditions of “student government”

Perhaps if the government of Florida should not have any oversight over these “priests,” perhaps also Florida should not pay their fucking salaries either.
Amen!
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:44 pm

Tree wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:49 pm I wouldn't have gotten all poetic like that, but professors are more or less the priests of democracy.
No.

The majority of college/university professors (no matter how many PhDs they earn) work in academia as professors simply because they can't do anything in the private sector worth any value.

They hide out and make professions in academia to get "tenure" because they know that what they are preaching, much of it is horseshit. In the world of public opinion (if they were debating someone like myself) they would be blessed out as morons and grifters. So they never ever allow their opinions to come under scrutiny. They hide out in academia instead.
Tree wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:49 pm Now it's happening again except instead of dealing with the root cause issues of class and wealth distribution, today's "left" wants to talk about identity politics, which is a relatively safe topic for the corporations and billionaires, but it's still something they can use to whip the conservatives into a frenzy and get votes.
Mark Zuckerberg quit Harvard (the most prestigious, elite university in the entire fucking world) because he wasn't learning anything there. He quit Harvard and made $100 billion dollars creating something out of thin air. He could code. There was NO CLASS at Harvard University that could teach any student how to make $100 billion. There is no model to follow, nothing to teach. If any professor there could do what Zuckerberg did, then they would already be doing that.

They don't because they can't. So they "teach" instead. And this whole thing about "wealth distribution", all that is, is people like Mark Zuckerberg making $100 billion creating something any everyone in academia saying "hey, that's not fair!!!!! we need to redistribute that!" because that is what drums up votes.
Tree wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:49 pm It comes down to what's being taught. I don't want CRT to be taught in schools because even though it's more or less on point, we don't keep shit that real in school for obvious reasons. They can learn how the real world works when they get older.
CRT teaches that black people can't be held responsible for their 76% bastardy rate. CRT teaching that capitalism is white and racist. CRT teaching that marriage and the nuclear family model is white and racist. CRT teaches that democracy and self-rule is white and racist. And that if you live in a nation with self-government, that rewards children raised in nuclear families, where the economy is based on capitalism, then that is inherently racist. If that is the case, then find another nation, another economic model and family unit that can match the success of this level of "racism?"
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:57 pm

Certifiable

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:55 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:57 pm Certifiable
When rat can't win an argument based on merit with debate, he attacks someone personally.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:05 am

There is nothing rational about your beliefs and I believe you are a fucking nutbag.

Better?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:46 am

Better? Not really, no.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:00 pm

Some folks are worried about secret Commies undermining our country. Meanwhile....

Butt juice

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:24 pm

Saudis will own the Republican party by February.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:07 pm

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:23 pm

I guess theSaudi Prince is our friend again.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:43 pm

That's horseshit.

Tree
Senior