Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:16 am

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:37 am

Well, he might as well own it. Repubs these days seem to revel in that sort of thing anyway...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:23 pm

Oh yeah. Hopefully they'll put him on the CTE Committee if he wins. I mean cmon, a real life example in Congress?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:55 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:32 pm

California Governor Gavin Newsom is “undeniably, unequivocally” planning to run for president in 2024 if President Biden chooses not to seek a second term, two individuals with knowledge of Newsom’s plans told TheWrap.

“After this midterm election is over, he absolutely is going to announce that he is running for the presidency once Biden announces that he is not running,” a leading California fundraiser with close ties to the Newsom family told TheWrap. “No ifs, ands or buts. He will run if Biden does not.”

----------------------

I'm not so certain he isn't running even if Biden does. I guess that is unheard of but the guys appears to be counting on Biden being a 1 term president
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:59 pm

If he does, he’ll be a victim of bad timing. California’s budget revenue rises and falls on how the wealthy tech giants do with their stock sales. This year they have huge surpluses because of the tax being paid on 2021 tech stock activity. 2023 budget revenue will be based on how techies did on the stock market in 2022 which hasn’t been good.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:21 pm

Maybe DeSantis will take up Newsoms offer of a debate before the midterms. A preview of 2024. He won't though. He's having a hard time holding on to his own state as it is now.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:03 pm

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:14 pm

Heh. He's probably right about that.
Butt juice

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:05 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:32 pm California Governor Gavin Newsom is “undeniably, unequivocally” planning to run for president in 2024 if President Biden chooses not to seek a second term, two individuals with knowledge of Newsom’s plans told TheWrap.

“After this midterm election is over, he absolutely is going to announce that he is running for the presidency once Biden announces that he is not running,” a leading California fundraiser with close ties to the Newsom family told TheWrap. “No ifs, ands or buts. He will run if Biden does not.”

----------------------

I'm not so certain he isn't running even if Biden does. I guess that is unheard of but the guys appears to be counting on Biden being a 1 term president
Of course Biden is going to run for re-election. Unlike Trump, the man does not have a mind of his own. His mind is gone. He OBEYS the DNC and does exactly what they tell him to do. He is a figurehead and that is who the DNC wants in the White House.

And they'll just stuff the ballots in 2024 just like they did last time.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:19 pm

Tree wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:14 pm Heh. He's probably right about that.
He wouldn't have gone.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:19 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:05 pm
eCat wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:32 pm California Governor Gavin Newsom is “undeniably, unequivocally” planning to run for president in 2024 if President Biden chooses not to seek a second term, two individuals with knowledge of Newsom’s plans told TheWrap.

----------------------

Of course Biden is going to run for re-election. Unlike Trump, the man does not have a mind of his own. His mind is gone. He OBEYS the DNC and does exactly what they tell him to do. He is a figurehead and that is who the DNC wants in the White House.

And they'll just stuff the ballots in 2024 just like they did last time.
And you'll fucking like it!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:10 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:21 pm Maybe DeSantis will take up Newsoms offer of a debate before the midterms. A preview of 2024. He won't though. He's having a hard time holding on to his own state as it is now.
Why would two governors of two different states debate each other when neither have announced running for President? Newsome is desperate to get attention.

DeSantis doesn't have to say a word, just point to the net migration of each state since they both became governor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... _migration

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:43 am

interesting social media issue

It seems like its possible that the Supreme Court will take on the issues of free speech on social media

Seems like a ruling in favor of limiting the removal of content on social media platforms would be out of line with the intent of the first amendment

but its not so clear, especially when politicians use social media to convey messaging while at the same time, its not a free enterprise.

Shutting down Parlor or whatever that site was essentially collusion by big tech applying policies against it that did not apply to other existing platforms.

I would suspect the lawyers will argue that the current social media climate is a monopoly where favoritism is shown toward politicians , regardless of party , and big tech, especially with banning Trump on twitter and foreign countries creating fake accounts. With the emergence of social media playing a major role in political discourse and big tech's inconsistent censoring of content, I think there is a case to be made.

Will the solution be better than what we have now? I can't imagine a situation where it is.

Maybe the solution is what we have here - a political board and what used to be strict adherence to segmenting forum discussion
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:48 am

one issue in Florida now is so many people from other states have moved there since Covid, housing prices are no longer affordable for retirees. The house in Florida cost as much as the house they are leaving from in the midwest and even the northeast.

One anecdotal example, prior to covid I guy I work with bought a trailer home - one of these 1 bedroom patio homes that are common in retirement communities where people trade in their car for a golf cart. He paid next to nothing for it, something like $28K.

almost 2 years later another guy in my office decided to buy one to spend time with his aging mother. Similar home, similar setup, cost was $105K. I'm sure it was nicer and they aren't 100% comparable, but there is a definite pricing hike as remote workers are flocking to desirable work from home destinations.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:13 am

eCat wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:43 am
Seems like a ruling in favor of limiting the removal of content on social media platforms would be out of line with the intent of the first amendment
The first amendment guarantees do not extend to allowing individuals to have private actors allow his or her speech.

Furthermore, government forcing a private actor to allow the speech of someone else would violate the freedom of assembly by requiring association with those expressing views with which you do not agree.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:53 am

I understand but now we have platforms that by their own admission have contributed to the obstruction of free and fair elections.

I would almost think that social media would prefer some SCOTUS ruling versus government regulation for equal time/censoring for political campaigns

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:23 pm

Not from this joke of a court. You do though. Before the fake ones are kicked out.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:45 pm

Y'all got you Trump Bingo card for this week? Check off the B. 4th one down.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:52 pm

also, the freedom of speech in regards to AI and a platforms inability to distinguish between it and real political discourse seems particularly concerning

does a platform have a right to host a foreign entity who sole purpose is to change the course of our election process? That's not really the definition of international espionage but its on the hairy edge.

it really starts to create an argument for the internet to be a regulated public utility