10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: MIT Engineers

Post by 10ac » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:53 pm

Yes and a hell of a coach.
At Tennessee State (as Tennessee A&I was renamed in 1968), Merritt had four undefeated seasons, claimed four Midwestern Conference titles, seven Black College Football Championships: (1965, 1966, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1979 and 1982) and earned the school's first-ever NCAA Division I-AA playoff victory in 1982. Merritt coached many players who went into the National Football League, among them were Ed 'Too Tall' Jones, Joe Gilliam, Claude Humphrey, Mike Hegman, and Richard Dent. His coaching record at Tennessee State was 174–35–7, and had an 82% winning percentage--far and away the best in school history. [1]
John Merritt Boulevard in Nashville, Tennessee is named in his honor
Let 'er Blow!

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:04 am

Wasn't he also the elephant man?
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:23 am

he's a real life Forrest Gump
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:30 am

Run Forrest!

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:51 am

asing Algorithms to determine the best neighborhoods in cities to pick a hotel.

https://triphappy.com/blog/finding-the- ... nywhere/15
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:49 pm

For Xmas my gift to my wife is to start automating the home.

Today I installed a wi-fi thermostat with voice activation.

I also ordered a logitech harmony hub to control the IR devices in the house like the TV, DVR, etc and TP link outlets for lamps

and I have 3 echo dots to install around the house to control them all. I'm going to wait and hook up the rest of the automation - the echo dots, harmony hub and TP Link outlets at Xmas.

I'm not going to order any of the wifi door locks or whatever , I don't trust that technology. I'll take my chances with the Chinese hacking my furnace.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:43 pm

so my company says they'll give me $50 to get my eyes examined under my vision insurance - eye exams are covered

so my wife says lets go to Lenscrafters, they have this new machine that automates the eye exam.

We show up , I go in and stick my face in the machine and it goes thru the various iterations.

Then the eye doc calls me back and asks me all these questions.

Now we get to the end and he says, OK, we took your pictures with the eye-arama-meter-whiz-bang machine and for $35 more we'll tell you the results or we can dialate your eyes and look at them the old fashioned way, but you're gonna have to wait 30 minutes

I was like - hold on a minute - you already have the information and you're going to charge me $35 extra to tell me? Kiss my ass, I ain't doing it - just give me my prescription

He was put off like that was just standard operating procedure. Fucking upselling me - or worse, extorting me for $35 on top of my insurance money or making me wait to do their damn job.

That's my last trip to Lenscrafters.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:00 pm

I had my annual physical last week. The week before, a lab draw. The lab at my doc's office now charges you upfront. So, I get my blood drawn and she asks for my credit card for $395.

"What? I have insurance."

"I know, but we put a hold on it, and only charge you whatever insurance doesn't pay."

"Can't you just bill me?"

"No, they won't release results now until it's paid on routine labwork."

"I have used this MD for 20 years and he has used LabCorp the entire time. I always pay it off."

Yada, yada, yada...

See, I hate that. LabCorp WAS interested in working within the parameters of what my BCBS paid or negotiating with them to get more cash. Not anymore. They can just say "fuck it" and charge me whatever - which leaves me to call them or BCBS and gripe and hope for a partial refund if that happens.

Next time, my lab draw will be one month ahead of my appintment and I ain't giving them shit.

Thanks, Obama.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:04 pm

And, eCat, LensCrafters is a huge upselling scheme. They are like the discount oil change places that try to upsell you or say things like, "Oh, for that price, we don't change the oil filter too. That's extra." Or "Looks like you need a new serpentine belt."

If you don't buy an upsell, they say your oil pan cap is bad and ask you if you want to "Risk leaving without getting a new one."
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:07 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:And, eCat, LensCrafters is a huge upselling scheme. They are like the discount oil change places that try to upsell you or say things like, "Oh, for that price, we don't change the oil filter too. That's extra." Or "Looks like you need a new serpentine belt."

If you don't buy an upsell, they say your oil pan cap is bad and ask you if you want to "Risk leaving without getting a new one."

yea I realized that about 10 minutes into it. I explained to my wife that from now on, she has to stop going for these gimmicks and just stick with a traditional approach.

Live and learn I guess. She also won't shut the fuck up about getting a $200 pair of glasses (after insurance). So that $100 is going to cost me about $175 when all is said and done.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:10 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:I had my annual physical last week. The week before, a lab draw. The lab at my doc's office now charges you upfront. So, I get my blood drawn and she asks for my credit card for $395.

"What? I have insurance."

"I know, but we put a hold on it, and only charge you whatever insurance doesn't pay."

"Can't you just bill me?"

"No, they won't release results now until it's paid on routine labwork."

"I have used this MD for 20 years and he has used LabCorp the entire time. I always pay it off."

Yada, yada, yada...

See, I hate that. LabCorp WAS interested in working within the parameters of what my BCBS paid or negotiating with them to get more cash. Not anymore. They can just say "fuck it" and charge me whatever - which leaves me to call them or BCBS and gripe and hope for a partial refund if that happens.

Next time, my lab draw will be one month ahead of my appintment and I ain't giving them shit.

Thanks, Obama.
similar situation with me going to the hospital for some outpatient stuff.

"We estimate that after insurance your bill will be $495, will you be putting that on a visa?".

The first time I paid it in full, then it turns out their estimate was wrong, and the money I paid never went toward my deductible. I argued with insurance on 3 different calls to get that straightened out, plus I eneded up getting a bill for over $3K above their estimate.

So last time I went, they pulled that shit with me and I told her that I didn't have a copay and I'm not paying anything until they bill my insurance. I know she just has a job to do and I wasn't too big of a dick about it, but in the end she was begging me to just pay something. So I gave them $50.

If they had told me they were withholding information until I paid them I would have insurance on the phone in a heartbeat asking them if that is what they contracted them to do.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:30 am

I just don't pay them.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:19 am

husband catches wife cheating with a drone. play by play narration by angry man

[youtube]2ivVjR1cg34[/youtube].

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:38 am

Eighteen years, eighteen years
And on the 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his?!

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:38 am

eCat will be locked inside his home before long, posting here for us to call someone to help him escape.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:49 am

Good thing we know where the tiger pit and the Mongolian wall are located...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:25 pm

Saint wrote:eCat will be locked inside his home before long, posting here for us to call someone to help him escape.

I have thought about the hypocrisy of me being anti-big brother and yet putting control of my entire home on the internet

[youtube]ERCzN91JicA[/youtube]

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:39 pm

Ultimately, your laziness wins though. It's cool, we're all like that.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:51 am

Not really.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:07 pm

What's the deal with the search function? Looks like it only goes back one year...