Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

gule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: South Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by gule » Wed May 04, 2011 12:00 pm

THE_WIZARD_ wrote:You want to own his ass?

some things never change

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed May 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Hey Gule....seen Helen?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

puterbac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by puterbac » Wed May 04, 2011 12:58 pm

[bTo get bin Laden, Obama relied on policies he decried[/b]

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/ ... 1LP60TVNJ]

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Bush declined because he didn't want any more egg on his face.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Wed May 04, 2011 5:08 pm

http://charlespaugh.com/tag/rakheem-jamal-bolton/

Facebook Supports School Officials Who Condoned Rape of Local Texas Cheerleader
Rapist Rakheem Jamal Bolton

Rakheem Jamal Bolton raped a fellow high school classmate from Silsbee High School in Texas and received a slap on the wrist by local judiciary due to his athletic status. Photo courtesy of KFDM.
Stories of small Texas towns ignoring the illegal activity of star athletes is nothing new, however the town of Silsbee has gone as far as to ignore the rape of a local high school cheerleader because jailing the assailant would hurt the team.

Silsbee High School athletic star Rakheem Jamal Bolton raped a 16-year-old female cheerleader from his high school at party in October 2008 along with a friend Christian Paul Rountree. Pending trial, the rapist was ALLOWED BACK TO SCHOOL by the court and the school district so he could continue with the school’s athletic program. During this time period, while playing basketball for the school, the victim refused to cheer for him during his free-throw shots. This angered local school superintendent Richard Bain, Jr. who ordered Principal Eldon Franco to kick the victim off the cheer squad for embarassing the school district by refusing to cheer for her rapist. It should also be noted that the town of Silsbee is so indifferent to the rape, Richard Bain is still permitted to sit on the board of directors for the Silsbee Chamber of Commerce.

In the mean time, the local prosecutor (David Barlow) and judge (Joe Bob Golden), both athletic supporters of Silsbee High School, agreeed to a plea deal whereby charges would be dropped from a felony to a misdemeaner and no jail time would be served. Judge Joe Bob Golden sentenced Bolton to one year in the Hardin County Jail, but the judge suspended the sentence and placed Bolton on probation for two years. The judge also assessed a fine of $2,500, 150 hours of community service, and ordered Bolton to attend anger management classes. While Bolton will have the conviction of assault on his record, he will never have to register as a sex offender and will be entitled to change his name to hide his identity as a rapist.

When asked about his sentenced, Bolton said, “Yes, I do feel like it was fair. Very fair.” Bolton says he wants to move on with his life and get back to the sport he loves. “College, play football,” said Bolton. “Everything else I wanted to do, I can finally do it now.” Special prosecutor David Barlow said, “I think it’s a fair resolution. The State is happy he has come forward and admitted his guilt.” [Reported by KFDM News]

As for the victim, she and her family sued Silsbee High School for removing her from the cheer squad for refusing to cheer for her rapist, however a small town Texas appeals court judge dismissed the case, saying, “In her capacity as cheerleader, [she] served as a mouthpiece through which the school could disseminate speech–namely, support for its athletic teams.” Not cheering for Bolton “constituted substantial interference with the work of the school because, as a cheerleader, [she] was at the basketball game for the purpose of cheering, a position she undertook voluntarily.” In other words, the “work of the school” is basketball, and H.S. was obligated to put on a robotic smile and cheer for the man who had assaulted her.

Rape supporter Richard Bain Jr

Richard Bain, Jr., the Silsbee TX school superintendent who ordered a raped cheerleader off the cheer squad for refusing to cheer for her rapist. He still maintains his job, and sits on the Board of Directors for the Silsbee Chamber of Commerce. Photo courtesy of Silsbee Chamber of Commerce.
Numerous stories of this obscene miscarriage of justice in Texas by school officials, local prosecutors and judges have hit the internet, however none of the major news organizations have yet to carry the story. Both school district Superintendent Bain and high school Principal Franco maintain Facebook pages at this time. The rapist, in violation of Facebook Terms of Service, also has an active profile as of this posting: Rakheem Bolton. However, Facebook is sending out “harassment warnings” to ANYONE who messages any of them via Facebook to express outrage. Apparently, the “strong stand” against sexual predators and those who support them is no longer a priority at the social networking giant.

“You have been sending harassing messages to other users. This is a violation of Facebook’s Terms of Use. Among other things, messages that are hateful, threatening, or obscene are not allowed. Continued misuse of Facebook’s features could result in your account being disabled.” – Facebook Customer Service.

The rapist, Rakheem Jamal Bolton, has moved on with his life, and he now resides in Miami, FL with a wife. His Facebook bio reads:

My name is Rakheem aka roc but my girl calls me daddy. in my spare time i like to chill wit my fat mama adriane…i love sports im a genius in football some may call it a master mind…well anything else yu wanna know yu can ask my adriane cause she knows more than me lol…

Unfortunately, his victim cannot move-on with her life as easily, and she will forever be haunted by the rape she received at his hands as well as being raped in conspiracy by Prosecutor David Barlow, Judge Joe Bob Golden, School Superintendent Richard Bain, Jr., and Principal Eldon Franco. Gentlemen, the world will not forget your names, and we will be there to remind everyone of YOUR crime against this girl for the rest of your political careers.

You can read more about this story at the following locations:

* KFDM news story on the rape and trial.
* Ms. Magazine coverage of the victim’s lawsuit.
* Change.org petition demanding apology from Silsbee school officials.
* Myspace page for Rakheem Jamal Bolton
* Facebook page for Rakheem Jamal Bolton
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Wed May 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Code: Select all

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/05/surveillance-not-waterboarding-led-to-bin-laden/
Surveillance, Not Waterboarding, Led to bin Laden
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed May 04, 2011 6:47 pm

The problem with torture is that you don't know whether what you're told is truth or a lie to prevent the torture. Because if this doubt that is created, it may even slow the follow-up of such data. Ata apparently suggested the code name of the courier months after he was tortured, not during the torture.

EIther way, even if that someone else gave that information during torture, it would mean nothing without corroboration from others and at best, at best played a tiny role in the accumulation of what happened.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed May 04, 2011 6:53 pm

Funny

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/world/o ... ll_6315956

Eighty-one percent of Republicans say Bush deserves some recognition for the successful operation, according to a new Washington Post/Pew Research Center poll. Only 35 percent of Democrats said they agree.

Cheney said the so-called enhanced interrogation of detainees, a policy begun under Bush and ceased under Obama, could have "produced results that ultimately contributed to the success of this venture."

however?

"The decision not to deploy American forces to go after bin Laden or block his escape [from Tora Bora, Afghanistan, in 2001] was made by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and his top commander, Gen. Tommy Franks," concluded a 2009 Senate Foreign Relations Committee report on what was believed at the time to be the last, best chance to find bin Laden.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed May 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Bush and Clinton get some credit. Probably not equal credit, but some.
My Dad is my hero still.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Waterboarding was tried, Bin Ladin died...
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed May 04, 2011 6:57 pm

OJ was tried, Bin Laden died.

About the same relationship.
My Dad is my hero still.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed May 04, 2011 6:59 pm

You mean they waterboarded Kato Kaelin to get to OJ?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed May 04, 2011 7:22 pm

Tried it! Didn't work. Kato under torture admitted to OJ killing Robert Kennedy.
My Dad is my hero still.

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Wed May 04, 2011 7:53 pm

I don't see how Clinton gets any credit. He was offered Bin Laden gift-wrapped and turned him down.

Bush definitely deserves credit for instituting the policy that Obama has ultimately continued. Obama deserves the most credit, IMO, because he was in the hot seat at the crucial moment and he put his ass on the line and made the call to execute the mission. That took a lot of guts and he would have been raked over the coals if it had failed. So he absolutely deserves credit for the success.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Hacksaw
Senior
Location: Pacific Northwest (specifically, the greater portland oregon metropolitan area)

Post by Hacksaw » Wed May 04, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm absolutely convinced that even if water-boarding did produce information that helped us in finding Bin Laden, there would be some people who would never accept it.
Deep thought of the day: "I was adopted. I thank my birth mother every day for not aborting me (although I wouldn't doubt her decision if she did)."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 04, 2011 9:06 pm

Hack plays with Barbies

gule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: South Florida

Post by gule » Wed May 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:Hey Gule....seen Helen?

No, not in quite a long while... :(

Would like to talk with her though.

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Wed May 04, 2011 9:59 pm

I had read that the info was given up during waterboarding, in a european CIA prison.

At any rate, the advanced tech. were responsible, whether it was waterboarding or the prisons/gitmo. All of the stuff that Oprama decried and said he would stop ironically is the reason he was caught.

It's like one farmer tills the soil, plants the seed, weeds the fields, fertilizes and does the work then in September another farmer who didn't want any of it done says "let's harvest this crop" and then gets all the credit for the bountiful crop.

It wasn't such a gutsy call. If it had failed he has the media in his back pocket. Wouldn't have been more than a blip and it would have been forgotten in the next news cycle.

I am very happy osama got what he deserved, and I am thankful Oprama allowed it to happen, but much of the credit should rightfully go to Bush for getting the intel and having the guts to stay with it even to the angst and consternation of the media and Oprama himself.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Wed May 04, 2011 10:38 pm

ROFL.

That's just hilarious.
My Dad is my hero still.

It's me Karen
Junior