Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 9:04 am

How does that stop a psycho from shooting up a school? Seriously? Well, ya can't kill 19 kids that quickly with a Handgun now can ya? Did he take classes on how to use that gun? Was his background checked? Does he have to re-register his gun yearly? Was he mentally cleared to own it? Does he have a license?

Many more questions too. I'll wait for the usual he was a Mexican, or a tranny or mentally ill etc bullshit from Republicans like yourself. Well expected by now from you.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 9:21 am

But the "goal" is not to just stop school shootings. It's to stop all mass shooting events. 288 so far this year. You good with that number e?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 9:44 am

10 years old. 4th grade. White. Now I'm betting you're pissed.
20220525_094253.jpg
20220525_094253.jpg (146.14 KiB) Viewed 212 times

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed May 25, 2022 10:17 am

This is liberty. Bad shit happens when all people, including the crazy ones have freedom and privacy. You got two fascist alternatives to fix this. Criminalizing AR-15 aint gonna cut it, you need to criminalize all manner of deadly weapons and chemicals and install a surveillance state where Amazon Alexa catches someone like this making transactions or acting in such a way that it predicts something like this is likely to happen. Or you need some kind of surveillance apparatus who's responsibility it is to decide who the risky mentally unbalanced people are and put them away and strip them of their rights until they can prove or they are determined not to be dangerous. That's how you solve this.

The calculus is pretty bad. Option one is some little white girls die at the hands of a few random nutcase, a criminal element thrives, gangs exist, urban youth are murdered. Option two is that all of us that are privileged enough to not have any sort of mental breakdown yet, or addiction, or undesirable characteristic, or were lucky enough to be born into the ruling class and have our problems ignored by the corrupt bureaucracy all get to live in a perfect utopia where nothing bad happens except to the millions of "those other people" that don't fit those categories living in government institutional hell with no rights "just in case".

Which one we picking for the "final solution" to this problem?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 10:20 am

::: ecat has left the discussion :::

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2022 10:25 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:04 am How does that stop a psycho from shooting up a school? Seriously? Well, ya can't kill 19 kids that quickly with a Handgun now can ya?
You can kill 32 people very quickly with a handgun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Tech_shooting
Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:04 amDid he take classes on how to use that gun? Was his background checked? Does he have to re-register his gun yearly? Was he mentally cleared to own it? Does he have a license?

Many more questions too. I'll wait for the usual he was a Mexican, or a tranny or mentally ill etc bullshit from Republicans like yourself. Well expected by now from you.
Do you need a license to vote? No. That would be unConstitutional. You have a RIGHT to vote the way you have a RIGHT to own a firearm.

The boy was sick. He was sick AND evil. He needed to be in an insane asylum. You want to stop this, write a law where judges have more power to institutionalize the mentally ill (people who may not have committed even one crime YET.) Write a law where loved ones (who may be aware of how fucked up people in their family are) are RESPONSIBLE for the actions of their family members if they do NOT turn them in to a judge BEFORE they do this kind of shit. We had DARE (Drug Awareness Resistance Education) and all that was, was kids narc-ing on their parents (which is why parents voted for politicians to end it), BUT it was effective. We need a DARE for mental illness. If your son or daughter is a little bit fucked up, get them checked out by a mental health professional before they murder people.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2022 10:30 am

aTm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:17 am This is liberty. Bad shit happens when all people, including the crazy ones have freedom and privacy. You got two fascist alternatives to fix this. Criminalizing AR-15 aint gonna cut it, you need to criminalize all manner of deadly weapons and chemicals and install a surveillance state where Amazon Alexa catches someone like this making transactions or acting in such a way that it predicts something like this is likely to happen. Or you need some kind of surveillance apparatus who's responsibility it is to decide who the risky mentally unbalanced people are and put them away and strip them of their rights until they can prove or they are determined not to be dangerous. That's how you solve this.
Correct!
aTm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:17 am The calculus is pretty bad. Option one is some little white girls die at the hands of a few random nutcase, a criminal element thrives, gangs exist, urban youth are murdered. Option two is that all of us that are privileged enough to not have any sort of mental breakdown yet, or addiction, or undesirable characteristic, or were lucky enough to be born into the ruling class and have our problems ignored by the corrupt bureaucracy all get to live in a perfect utopia where nothing bad happens except to the millions of "those other people" that don't fit those categories living in government institutional hell with no rights "just in case".

Which one we picking for the "final solution" to this problem?
I prefer option two. But hate them both. But I would rather have "final solution" number two than 14 murdered children.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 10:32 am

::: IB has left the planet :::

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Wed May 25, 2022 10:32 am

This is from like 10 years ago...

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
5/27/14 3:14PM

ISLA VISTA, CA—In the days following a violent rampage in southern California in which a lone attacker killed seven individuals, including himself, and seriously injured over a dozen others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Tuesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said North Carolina resident Samuel Wipper, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-prev ... 1819576527
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2022 10:33 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:32 am ::: IB has left the planet :::
Which of aTm's two "final solutions" do you pick?

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed May 25, 2022 10:33 am

I'm gonna go ahead and dub these "Type-I fascist" and "Type-II fascist." Thank you IB for being the first declared Type-II fascist.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 10:34 am

And yes. I need my license to vote.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed May 25, 2022 10:36 am

That onion article is a lie (and bad satire to boot). This happens in nations of all stripe. Not all cultures are the same, so the way a crazy person commits a heinous act might be expressed differently than the way ours are. Show me any country where there are no criminal acts, and I'll show you a country where the criminals are the government.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2022 10:41 am

aTm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:33 am I'm gonna go ahead and dub these "Type-I fascist" and "Type-II fascist." Thank you IB for being the first declared Type-II fascist.
Welcome.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 10:42 am

1653489714699.jpg
1653489714699.jpg (52.3 KiB) Viewed 189 times

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed May 25, 2022 10:53 am

The good thing for abortion proponents in our future distopia is that I'm pretty sure the first thing our AI overlords are going to do to fight crime is make it illegal to be born poor.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 10:55 am

Because remember. It's not every day an 18 year old can take an AR-15, walk into a single classroom and massacre 21 people. But yet, it is. 288 mass shootings already and it's May. Weird how the numbers started dramatically rising in 2017 huh?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed May 25, 2022 11:02 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:55 am Because remember. It's not every day an 18 year old can take an AR-15, walk into a single classroom and massacre 21 people. But yet, it is. 288 mass shootings already and it's May. Weird how the numbers started dramatically rising in 2017 huh?
Weird that you don't answer other people's questions, isn't it? Weird that all you have is more questions for others, but never a willingness to answer a question?

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Wed May 25, 2022 11:03 am

aTm wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:36 am That onion article is a lie (and bad satire to boot). This happens in nations of all stripe. Not all cultures are the same, so the way a crazy person commits a heinous act might be expressed differently than the way ours are. Show me any country where there are no criminal acts, and I'll show you a country where the criminals are the government.
Without looking, I'm guessing that the US has a higher murder and violent crime rate than other western/democratic countries. Just a guess though...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed May 25, 2022 11:05 am

IB: Do you need a license to vote?
Rat: And yes. I need my license to vote.
IB: Weird that you don't answer other people's questions, isn't it?