The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:39 am

JungleRat wrote:You lost me at no fault divorce. No interest past that. Clueless fuck.
rat, it is hard enough just to make it as a singleton. Married people have it easier. 1 mortgage payment, 2 paychecks. 1 electric bill, 2 paychecks. 1 cable bill, 2 paychecks. That kind of thing. Mathematically, the middle class (even the working class) might find it easier to save for their future retirement with a stable, lifelong marriage. And you could almost count on that prior to no-fault-divorce law even if you couldn't count on your spouse. But now, if you daughter works her ass off and she comes home and finds her husband sitting there and telling her that he isn't happy, he wants a divorce, he can take half of your daughter's assets, half her retirement, half the house, half of everything. Now, it is highly unlikely your daughter will make it into that 3% no matter how hard she works and saves.

Without no-fault-divorce, you couldn't do that. You could leave (with no grounds) but you leave the marriage with nothing but the shirt on your back. That is the way marriage was designed in this country, the way it was supposed to be. That was before feminism came along and fucked everything all up.

No interest past that? I get it. But math is math.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:11 am

What kind of man makes his wife work? Dude. You are on some crazy fucking meds if you think that's how it works. My guess is you got snookered by some chick early in your sad life and have been bitter since. You have no idea about women. None.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:19 am

What kind of man makes his wife work? That is an unimportant question. The way the state laws worked around marriage (pre no-fault) would protect your daughter from men who would marry her for the purpose of taking advantage of her. No such protections exist anymore.

Look, believe whatever you want rat. We are both in our 50s, we've both been around for a while. You and I look at the world very differently. I have my opinions based on laws and facts and you have yours. I just don't want to see your kids get taken advantage of.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:28 am

If there was any justice in the world, IB's wife would leave his ass for a much younger man and take half of his meager assets with her. I would literally LMAO if that happened...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:59 am

I think his 1st one did.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:35 am

I have only ever been married once. The "first one" is the current one, rat.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:12 pm

Beastiality is still illegal IB. But we're trying for ya.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:29 pm

Fair enough. Sorry you can't get past dumping no-fault-divorce. Our country suffers in ruin for the middle-class and the working class because of it. After all, if there is no God, then why should the person in a marriage stay married to someone they no longer want to remain married to if they are dealing from a better bargaining position? There is no reason to stay. They don't have to stay. They just go see DS and take "half." And because of that, men have stopped proposing. And because of that, our children are far less likely to ever marry. And because of that, they are far more likely to be miserable and unhappy and discouraged.

We keep hitting all time records for deaths-of-despair rat, (suicides, overdoses) why do you think that is?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:59 pm

People like you

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:53 pm

Perhaps.

I have identified the problems. You don't think one of them is a problem. If we can't even agree on what the problems are, then there is no point moving forward. So I stand by my assertion, just 3% of people can retire financially independent and I have explained what that is (exactly) and I have explained the three big reasons why so many people fail at that. You have given us nothing to work with.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:50 pm

Even if that's true, there's no way your little incel no-fault divorce theory accounts for it....

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:37 am

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:52 am

hedge wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:50 pm Even if that's true, there's no way your little incel no-fault divorce theory accounts for it....

Okay. Fine. Come up with your own theory. Get into the details the way that I did. Break it down using math and logic.

Or don't.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:43 am

What is your definition of financial "independence"?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:31 pm

More proof has come out that Trump was involved in Jan. 6th. Duh.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:22 pm

this was pretty hush-hush

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:01 pm

Webp.net-resizeimage-846x564.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage-846x564.jpg (93.71 KiB) Viewed 152 times

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:23 pm

uh huh

look rat, the republicans are not going away on this one. You know why they are not going away? Because unlike the Trump-Russia collusion nonsense and the Steele Dossier nonsense, this one that the GOP has is a "winner." This is a winner. And Trump himself was the first one to expose this winner. That got him impeached the first time, show a winner.

All the democrats can do is political cover. They just have to continue to "out vote" the republicans. And if they do that (and right now they do) then the GOP must rely entirely upon special prosecutors. Then the democrats will have to coax Biden into pardoning everyone who takes a guilty plea. Either way, the democrats are the bad guys here just like they were the bad guys in the Russian collusion nonsense.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:34 pm

Yawn
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:04 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:34 pmYawn
I suppose a "yawn" is better than an argument, especially when you don't have one counsellor.