eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:27 am

yea that too

the guy talks about how generations are stacked on top of each other - so work, housing, - in general, access to necessities for quality of life are compromised
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:30 am

also think about it from our leadership perspective

Reagan, Trump, Biden - these are people that if they weren't politicians we would be essentially concerned about their health and state of mind, Reagan ended up with dementia near the end of his second term, Biden started his with it. Trump was the opposite, he had the mind of a teenager.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:46 am

Biden has dementia? Hmmmm. I think you're projecting just a bit because he's old.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:10 am

Biden has been in "public service" for 5 decades, hypocritical, lying cocksucker, dumb, belligerent, corrupt, above the law, racist. He is the model prototype of this nation's political class. A stunning specimen!
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:14 am

"Trump was the opposite, he had the mind of a teenager."

More like a 9 year old. A very dumb 9 year old...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:43 pm

This Ukraine thingy really isn't going well for Russia...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:52 pm

Put em in the mobile zapper.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:53 pm

Hey look, Clarence Thomas is cured!

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:16 pm

eCat wrote:Reagan, Trump, Biden - these are people that if they weren't politicians we would be essentially concerned about their health and state of mind, Reagan ended up with dementia near the end of his second term, Biden started his with it. Trump was the opposite, he had the mind of a teenager.
This is actually a pretty good assessment. The only people who would be in disagreement with is are partisan political hacks.

Yes, people are working longer and longer. I think they have to because (well) they are not in good shape financially. They didn't save enough for their retirement. Old people aren't broke (they have many multiples in assets beyond what younger people have) but they do not have enough saved to keep them in the lifestyle for which they are accustomed. So the thought of being WITHOUT a paycheck, its frightening. I want to say to these 60 and 70 year old, what the fuck are you doing? Why do you still have a damn mortgage payment? Why did you buy that monster house? Why are you 63 years old and you are still making student loan payments? But you can't say this to these people because questions like that make fly off the handle. They know they fucked up and they are working longer and LONGER because they fucked up. But I don't see them making the changes in their life so that they can eventually stop.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:19 pm

Trickle down baby!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:26 pm

Trickle something. When you are right, you are right.

Less than 3% of people retire with total, independent, financial security. The rest? They work until they are dead, cry to the government for resources to keep them alive, or they throw themselves on the financial mercy of the most responsible of their adult children.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:42 pm

Yep. Exactly what I'm gonna do. Either my kids take care of me or I die in a group home. Don't care. I ain't paying. I didn’t cause all these people to have to work till they die. Republicans did back when they slobbered over Ronnie. Pay up bitches

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:47 pm

We're always going to pay for the complete failure of Ronnies trickle down economics.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tax-cuts-r ... ckle-down/

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:57 pm

"Less than 3% of people retire with total, independent, financial security."

That can't be true. Or rather, you could say that only 3% of the population ever had total financial security, b/c "total" and "security" are subjective. But far, far more than 3% of the population can and do retire and live their life more or less worry free. Yeah, you get the cancer or stroke out (or get the Bell's palsey), you're going to suffer, but that would be true at any age. Plus you're not going to live forever anyway, just get on with it and die already. Esp. you...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:28 pm

hedge wrote:That can't be true. Or rather, you could say that only 3% of the population ever had total financial security, b/c "total" and "security" are subjective. But far, far more than 3% of the population can and do retire and live their life more or less worry free.
Let me be a little more objective. 3% of the population retires with
  • no mortgage
  • no REVERSE mortgage (which is worse)
  • no student loans
  • no credit card debt
  • no car loans
  • no need for social security
  • no need for medicare (health coverage provided by a private entity)
  • with a home to live in
  • and enough sustained monthly income to live until they die without working[/quote]

That is 3%. That's it. You might be able to pull all that off with less than $500,000 in assets (depending on how you live.) But only 3% meet all that criteria.
    hedge wrote:Yeah, you get the cancer or stroke out (or get the Bell's palsey), you're going to suffer, but that would be true at any age. Plus you're not going to live forever anyway, just get on with it and die already. Esp. you...
    We all die.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:01 pm

rat,
JungleRat wrote:Yep. Exactly what I'm gonna do. Either my kids take care of me or I die in a group home. Don't care. I ain't paying. I didn’t cause all these people to have to work till they die. Republicans did back when they slobbered over Ronnie. Pay up bitches
The single largest contributor to the hollowing out of the middle class (making it so financially difficult for them to work and save) are three factors:
  • limitless immigration policy (all are welcome, no real enforcement of existing immigration law)
  • easy credit (allowing the credit unworthy, access to credit to buy ANYTHING)
  • and worst of all, no-fault-divorce law.
These three ingredients build a nation that serves ONLY the 1%. It is ONLY the 1% that get (and stay) married, or at the very least, have enough resources such that no-fault-divorce will not harm them. The 1% by virtue of them being the 1%, they were already credit worthy (and already knew how to live within their means) and limitless immigration just means far cheaper goods and services for the 1%. Their lives are made exceeding better with limitless immigration.

But if you are just middle-class (or working class) these three ingredients build a society without the kind of stability and infrastructure that you can count on to work, save, accumulate wealth, and not worry about it being taken from you by way of the government. You don't have to worry about your income being cannibalized by immigrants. You don't have to worry about your spouse going "feral" and taking half because they no longer love you. You don't have to worry about buying things you can't afford because the financial system knows EXACTLY how credit worthy you are.

But all three of the things I mentioned are cardinal virtues for the left and liberalism. Its about FREEDOM. Well freedom is expensive and destructive to the people not responsible enough to handle it.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:51 pm

You lost me at no fault divorce. No interest past that. Clueless fuck.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:27 pm

"We all die."

True. But I hope you die first, so I can enjoy it...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:28 pm

And oh I will..

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:36 pm

just heard an intercepted radio transmission from Russians in Ukraine

Boran, go home

its better to be a deserter than fetrilizer