hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:34 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:26 pm
hedge wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:09 pm "That first bs conviction for something low level often makes the person unemployable / limits where he / she can work"

Thanks god grain elevators don't care...
I've always meant to ask you this

what do you think you'd be doing without that past history at this point in your life?
Probably would be dead...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:39 pm

eh, didn't you have plans to finish college, get a degree in something - I'm guessing liberal arts like a lame ass history teacher or something
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:42 pm

IB. I think I'll take it from hedge when it comes to San Francisco. Not to mention how clueless you are about the homeless you miserable fuck.
Last edited by Jungle Rat on Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:42 pm

"I happen to understand a little bit (not much, just a little bit) about what it is like to live in San Francisco."

Uh, yeah, so do I, I lived there for most of the 1990's. Maybe it's gotten "worse," but I've been back several times and it seemed pretty much the same. Yes, there are areas where the homeless congregate. Guess what? Don't go to those areas. It's mostly around city hall anyway, so why would I go there even if the homeless weren't concentrated there? You do not see homeless people and the obvious other shit that accompanies them in the vast majority of neighborhoods and parks in SF. You do not see RV's parked all over the place. Sorry, but you just don't, regardless of what Tucker Carlson has told you. It's a great city, one of the best in the world. I'd love to move back there if I could afford it. Alas...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:46 pm

20-25% of homeless Americans have a mental illness and/or addiction. 30-35% for San Francisco. But yes, all the homeless are ill.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:49 pm

you'll see the RVs in the Bayview/Hunters Point area
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:50 pm

"eh, didn't you have plans to finish college, get a degree in something"

I graduated from UNC before I got busted. BA in philosophy, baby. I actually probably wouldn't be dead, but who knows? A couple of my other drug dealer friends transitioned into restaurants, bars and real estate and have done extremely well for themselves, I like to think I would've joined them at that. I had about 100 grand right before I got busted, not bad for a 23 year old. Lost half of it in the product I got busted with (they didn't return it), around $20K for a lawyer and owed some money to some folks, so I was down to about $15K when I got out. Not terrible but would've been significantly higher if I hadn't gotten busted and kept dealing for a couple years. I like to think I would've gone in with my buddy's who transitioned from dealing to bars, then restaurants then rentals. They've definitely done better than I have, but I'm not complaining...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:52 pm

"you'll see the RVs in the Bayview/Hunters Point area"

Don't know about now, that area was basically a slum when I lived there. Had to slog thru there to get to Candlestick...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:52 pm

you were a unicorn in prison man

no white privilege for you

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:01 pm

I worked on the stock exchange in SF as well. They didn't seem to care that I had a record. Of course my upward mobility in corporate America was always going to be limited. Not many CEO's or VP's with a felony drug record. But I doubt it would've hindered me from making a pretty good living if I hadn't gotten on the crack and smack. That shit put more of a kink in things than prison ever did. That's why I said I might be dead if I hadn't gotten busted, if I had gotten into that shit with more or less unlimited money supply, things could've gone a lot further south than they actually did...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:03 pm

sounds like you had an entrepreneurial spirit - Just being down the road from Silicon Valley, who knows - you might have been the guy that invented pets.com

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:07 pm

eCat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:52 pm you were a unicorn in prison man

no white privilege for you
Well, let's remember that the "prison" I was at was a Club Fed. Everybody in there was privileged, white or not, as far as being in prison goes...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:42 pm

yes the comments are gold
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:54 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:46 pm 20-25% of homeless Americans have a mental illness and/or addiction. 30-35% for San Francisco. But yes, all the homeless are ill.
Not all.

If you live in a van, roam the wilderness, post youtubes of your hot, nearly naked body as clickbait to get people to register for your content and monetize your ass, you are homeless but not mentally ill.

If you live in an RV and you go to work (as so many people in San Francisco currently do), you are homeless but not mentally ill.

If you live in an RV and you roam the country, (retired) you are homeless but not mentally ill.

If you live in an alley in a cardboard box, you are homeless AND mentally ill. Go anywhere, right now. Just get up, get off the sauce, stop doing the drugs, stop sucking cocks for $10 a pop, get a cheap motel room, shower, clean yourself up, walk down to McDonalds (tomorrow) and start work that day. The people that won't do that, it's because they can't do that. They live in the alley and continue using the drugs and sucking the cocks simply because they are mentally ill.

And don't start with me about how people who live in an RV have a home. If they have a home, then the cardboard box in the alley is a home.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:06 pm

"As far as the homeless go, the mentally ill will always be with us."

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:08 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:42 pm "I happen to understand a little bit (not much, just a little bit) about what it is like to live in San Francisco."

Uh, yeah, so do I, I lived there for most of the 1990's. Maybe it's gotten "worse," but I've been back several times and it seemed pretty much the same. Yes, there are areas where the homeless congregate. Guess what? Don't go to those areas. It's mostly around city hall anyway, so why would I go there even if the homeless weren't concentrated there? You do not see homeless people and the obvious other shit that accompanies them in the vast majority of neighborhoods and parks in SF. You do not see RV's parked all over the place. Sorry, but you just don't, regardless of what Tucker Carlson has told you. It's a great city, one of the best in the world. I'd love to move back there if I could afford it. Alas...
Yes its very expensive to live there.

My wife's matron-of-honor at our wedding, she and her husband had a house on a hill on stilts near Berkley. She worked as a professor at Berkley and he worked as a computer scientist. They were members of some sailing club nearby. They took me sailing one day and I told my very pregnant wife "Honey I want to move here, immediately." She kept shaking her head to softly say no, she wished we could but no. We could never afford to live there no matter how much the two of us wanted that.

Yeah I get it.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:10 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:06 pm "As far as the homeless go, the mentally ill will always be with us."
Okay fine. I get your point about what I said. Yes, the mentally ill will always be with us. But no one cares if homeless people live in their RVs or Vans. There is no great social cry for those unfortunate souls as there is for "the poor" and "the mentally ill." That is why I went and made those distinctions. I hope very much to be one of those homeless people in the next few years, counting on it.

Much like the term "single mom" I don't like the term "homeless." They are not descriptive enough. There is big difference between being a widow (who is a single mom) vs a 19 year old girl who never married who has two kids with two different dads.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:18 pm

"They took me sailing one day and I told my very pregnant wife "Honey I want to move here, immediately." She kept shaking her head to softly say no, she wished we could but no. We could never afford to live there no matter how much the two of us wanted that."

I'd say most people in the Bay Area would put up with a lot more than they currently have to endure if it will ensure keeping you out...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:22 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:10 pm
Jungle Rat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:06 pm "As far as the homeless go, the mentally ill will always be with us."
Okay fine. I get your point about what I said. Yes, the mentally ill will always be with us. But no one cares if homeless people live in their RVs or Vans. There is no great social cry for those unfortunate souls as there is for "the poor" and "the mentally ill." That is why I went and made those distinctions. I hope very much to be one of those homeless people in the next few years, counting on it.

Much like the term "single mom" I don't like the term "homeless." They are not descriptive enough. There is big difference between being a widow (who is a single mom) vs a 19 year old girl who never married who has two kids with two different dads.
And now you know why I mostly ignore you.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:23 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:07 pm
eCat wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:00 pm I watch these videos on Youtube about this guy in New York who is a broker for apartments and he is show 200sq ft, 180sq ft apartments where the rent is $1100.

A decent 3 bedroom apartment in a desirable location is about $3500 a month
90 sq foot apartment

90. Yes, 9 foot by fucking 10 foot.

I am wondering, is this mental illness? LOL!
Maybe I'm claustrophobic, but I can sleep on a top bunk, but not one as close to the ceiling as that.