Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Owlman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:34 pm

No, you misread that. The only time I heard that someone said Martin was on top was your statement. The only thing that I heard from the person that allegedly saw the fight was that he couldn't tell who was on top.
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Owlman wrote:First off eCat, his brother said on Piers Morgan that he wasn't on neighborhood watch, (possibly because official neighborhood watches have rules about not carrying a gun).

who gives a shit? They don't have a punch clock for neighborhood watch. Zimmerman could have been driving thru. You think just because its not your slot on the calendar that you don't look around when you drive thru?

And now AA knows why I included the information about CCL and his legal right to carry the gun because of the argument about the neighborhood watch saying you don't carry a gun.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Not true, actually. Neighborhood watches work with police and most (don't know about this one) submit to a policy that is put out by a National Neighborhood Watch Group (related to liability issues probably)
My Dad is my hero still.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:37 pm

[youtube]i4fr5QwG63M[/youtube]
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:43 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:eCat,

If Zimmerman had used a tazer, would you be okay with him being found guilty? ;-)
I know you're saying that in jest but no not really.

I really do think I"m objective about this. This is a tragic situation. I think lack of police presence in a neighborhood experiencing increased crime for residents not experienced in dealing with crime put George Zimmerman in a very undesirable position. A position where he believed he needed to be armed to deal with various potential issues in the neighborhood. I also think Trayvon Martin, had he been cognizant of the neighborhood experiencing a spike in crime and knowing that he was new to the neighborhood and there was a community watch program, if he was out and about to keep his wits about him, then this would have been avoided.

I'm not dismissing the death of a young black male as just another statistic. But I'm not emotionally tied to Martin or Zimmerman.

Over the years, if you guys have learned anything about me, you know that I am emotionally tied to the safety and well being of my community.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Owlman wrote:Not true, actually. Neighborhood watches work with police and most (don't know about this one) submit to a policy that is put out by a National Neighborhood Watch Group (related to liability issues probably)

I've read that this was not affiliated with the national neighborhood watch group but was actually setup with input from the Sanford police.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 pm

yeah, I saw that at the time Dersherwitz was first interviewed there. I agree and said earlier that I thought she overcharged him. This is a typical thing that prosecutors do actually. That's because the presumption tends to go to the police that if they arrested and charged him, something must be there. Tends to backfire in show trials like this one though. I suspect that she'll back down to manslaughter which is what I think the charge should have been in the first place.
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:49 pm

[quote]"In Florida, shooter George Zimmerman, described as white-Hispanic had helped set up a neighborhood watch program with the assistance of the Sanford Police Department and had been appointed the "captain" of the program, according to reports"[\quote]

whether Zimmerman was on the clock or not so to speak, I don't see it as an issue. As I said in a much earlier post, this also help explains why the Sanford police ultimately decided to let him go.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Some are you are sounding though as if she is only doing this because she is running for office (I didn't know she was running for office, by the way). What I'm saying that overcharging is the norm. You just don't know it because for most of the cases, it's just not important to you.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:51 pm

It'll come out during trial as to what the policies of the neighborhood watch program
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Owlman wrote:Some are you are sounding though as if she is only doing this because she is running for office (I didn't know she was running for office, by the way). What I'm saying that overcharging is the norm. You just don't know it because for most of the cases, it's just not important to you.

after sitting on the grand jury, I know that overcharging is the norm, but she had to know there was no way Zimmerman was going to plea.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:00 am

I disagree with the Dersherwitz statement that they only do it to get to a plea. I think they do it because in normal cases, they get the benefit of the doubt. Most are never in a show trial where that presumption is not present. So they are just operating the way they normally do.
My Dad is my hero still.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:10 am

10ac wrote:
I hop some crazed vigilante strafes the whole area. Cocksuckers.
how about these guys?

WHITE TEENS KILL BLACK MAN IN MISSISSIPPI + CNN VIDEO

http://bit.ly/qy8gkG
Last edited by T Dot O Dot on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:20 am

what was the Mountain Dew dumbass doing standing in the middle of the pack of baboons?

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:04 am

May "young black male youth" should stop acting like thugs and "gangstas" and maybe they won't get profiled.

That is just how it is. Same goes for "white suburban kids dressed like gangstas".

I will not apologize for any of that. If I am working at a shopping mall, who do you think I am going to keep an eye out for?

Like I said earlier and should be a simple slogan for humanity "Don't start none, won't be none."
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:53 am

This whole conversation has gone off the deep end.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:59 am

Yes. Now a brief aside from Spacer hating Mexicans and eCat hating Blacks, any thoughts on the CISPA vote? Hysteria or Big Brother?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:36 am

I am part Mexican-American. (Zimmerman's parent is from Peru).
My Dad is my hero still.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:42 am

Peru?? I'm pretty sure that Peru isn't even a real country. It's one of those mythical places like Shangra La or Brussels.
— Abraham Lincoln

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:53 am

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.