Florida State Seminoles

Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:23 pm

KeviNole wrote:I'll take the win. We suck on the road and Blacksburg is a tough place to play. Maryland had better not give us much of a game but I suspect it will be closer than it should be.

If we do manage to pull it off, we have to replay the shit that is the ACC Coastal. Miami? Duke? VT (unlikely)? Jesus, what an embarrassment. And the worst thing is it will probably be Miami and they will probably win. FML.
You guys fucked yourselves this year. You should be 10-0 and meaningful in the MNC race, not 9-1 with zero shot. Losing to NCState was pretty much unforgivable.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AugustWest » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:38 am

innocentbystander wrote:
KeviNole wrote:I'll take the win. We suck on the road and Blacksburg is a tough place to play. Maryland had better not give us much of a game but I suspect it will be closer than it should be.

If we do manage to pull it off, we have to replay the shit that is the ACC Coastal. Miami? Duke? VT (unlikely)? Jesus, what an embarrassment. And the worst thing is it will probably be Miami and they will probably win. FML.
You guys fucked yourselves this year. You should be 10-0 and meaningful in the MNC race, not 9-1 with zero shot. Losing to NCState was pretty much unforgivable.
\
FSU has played for an MNC after losing to NC State. If FSU had kicked ass for the rest of the season they'd still be in the mix as possibly the best one lost team, but struggling against a bad VT last night after losing to Nc State took them out of consideration. However it dosnt matter because Florida is going to take FSU to the woodshed when they play.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

KeviNole
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by KeviNole » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:54 am

Have you watched UF this year? They're not very good - at all. And we've been very good at home. It's not a guaranteed victory by any stretch but I'd put our win share at .60-.65 right now.

IB, there's a slim chance we could have gone to the MNC if we'd played better in the rest of our games but very very slim. Hell, if we'd won that game we'd still (rightfully) be #4 right now with our shitty schedule. I knew we'd have a chance to win it all this year and the loss was disappointing but if we win our next 3 and get into a BCS bowl I'll take it.

The one positive on Thursday was not seeing the refs do everything in their power to screw us. It still chaps my ass that the refs told our DL they wouldn't call holding on the other team as long as we're winning. That's just bullshit.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:36 pm

You'll beat Florida.

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by dave_rickart » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Given that Miami might not attend the ACC championship game....... either you want Duke to beat Miami, or you are going to face VT again
Home of the 2019 National Champions.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:26 pm

I don't think UM will give up a chance to play for the ACCC by choice. As I understand it, the ACC told them to decide several weeks ago (maybe even before the season) if they were going to give up the ACCCG. They didn't. However I'd rather play Miami than Duke or GT (or VT, if things shake out that way). UM *could* beat us if things fell their way but I relish another opportunity to beat them down and help even the overall series.

Don't forget GT - they have a chance to sneak in as well. Dear Lord the ACC is awful this year. Clemson has a great offense but no defense (they really should be in the Big XII this year), FSU has a great defense but a schizophrenic offense, but nothing else in the ACC is a Top 60 program right now.

dave_rickart
Senior

Post by dave_rickart » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:55 am

GT and Miami both 4-3, with the final games against Dook. Dook is 3-3.

Miami holds the tiebreaker against GT if both are 5-3.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:44 pm

KeviNole wrote:I don't think UM will give up a chance to play for the ACCC by choice. As I understand it, the ACC told them to decide several weeks ago (maybe even before the season) if they were going to give up the ACCCG. They didn't. However I'd rather play Miami than Duke or GT (or VT, if things shake out that way). UM *could* beat us if things fell their way but I relish another opportunity to beat them down and help even the overall series.

Don't forget GT - they have a chance to sneak in as well. Dear Lord the ACC is awful this year. Clemson has a great offense but no defense (they really should be in the Big XII this year), FSU has a great defense but a schizophrenic offense, but nothing else in the ACC is a Top 60 program right now.
That is the way it has been for the ACC since 2007 and Matt Ryan.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Meh.

VT has been a solid Top 25-ish team every year except this one. FSU has been as well except 2009. Add in scattered good seasons by NCSU, Miami, Wake, UNC, Maryland, and GT and the ACC has always had a couple of very good but not great teams, a couple of good teams, and a few solidly average teams. This year it's nothing but dogcrap after FSU and Clemson. It's like the rest of the conference has taken the BC attitude of "just happy to be here".

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:22 pm

KeviNole wrote:Meh.

VT has been a solid Top 25-ish team every year except this one. FSU has been as well except 2009. Add in scattered good seasons by NCSU, Miami, Wake, UNC, Maryland, and GT and the ACC has always had a couple of very good but not great teams, a couple of good teams, and a few solidly average teams. This year it's nothing but dogcrap after FSU and Clemson. It's like the rest of the conference has taken the BC attitude of "just happy to be here".
That attitude is the coach, the old AD (who retired) and the Board of Trustees. Basically, their position is "...why should we try to recruit and win when we get the exact same one-tweveth share of ACC TV money no matter how many we win or lose?" They can't see out their rinky-dink stadium no matter how good or bad the team is, so fuck it.

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Congrats to Coach Stoops - he did a good job for FSU and has a BIG challenge ahead with UK - good luck to him

KeviNole
Senior

Post by KeviNole » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:54 am

Tallest midget babeeeeeee!

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:09 am

Not until you beat Louisville.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:58 pm

<voice=churchlady>Louisville?...we get NIU...isn't that special?</voice>

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Re-dick-you-lus
Let 'er Blow!

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:37 pm

well 10, how far have both UT and FSU fallen since Fullmer/Bowden?

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:49 pm

You'll survive, I believe UT may have fallen too far to ever get back up. I blame the admin. Dumb asses. But, on the up side, I am no longer tied down an a pretty Saturday afternoon and my mood for the week isn't determined by a bunch of 20 year olds.
Let 'er Blow!

billy bob bocephus
Junior

Post by billy bob bocephus » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:08 pm

a good bike helps in that regard...

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Yep.
Let 'er Blow!

dave_rickart
Senior

Post by dave_rickart » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 pm

billy bob bocephus wrote:well 10, how far have both UT and FSU fallen since Fullmer/Bowden?

FSU won their conference and is poised to win a BCS bowl game.

The Vals fired their coach after going 1-7 in conference and getting routed by something called 'Vandy'.

how do you figure?