Moderators: T Dot O Dot, Owlman, Bklyn

Kenny-Omo Orunmila
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: St. John's
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: The Arrogant, Entitltled World Champion Los Angeles Lake

Post by Kenny-Omo Orunmila » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:15 am

Lakers...wow. I am not accustomed to this .... the Clippers having a better record (so far). I hope y'all pull it together...So it will be a Lakers vs Knicks in the Finals (yea...I can dream) :lol:
The truth is the most important thing in human life.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:11 pm

The Dallas Mavericks have assigned forward Lamar Odom to the Texas Legends, the Mavericks’ NBA Development League affiliate.

Odom has appeared in 32 games, four starts, for the Mavericks this season, averaging 7.7 points and 4.5 rebounds in 21.4 minutes.
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Bklyn » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Yeah, I saw that. Under the CBA, Odom would have to agree to the D-League stint for it to happen. I am a little surprised he co-signed it.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Chuck Nevitt
Sophomore

Post by Chuck Nevitt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Gasol for Rondo? Eh...Bynum's recent uptick (which sets up lots of shots for Gasol) makes me think Sessions would be a way better deal.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/ ... ources-say

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Yeah, never give up big for small.

Buss just wants to get out of that $18M contract...so that's the only thing that would make me even believe it was a possibility.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Simitar
Sophomore

Post by Simitar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Lakers did VERY well with minimal assets at their disposal.

Got rid of Kapono, Walton and Fisher, added Sessions and Hill.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Losing Fish was a BIG mistake, IMO. So, in one season LA got rid of its two locker room glue guys. Buss and Mitch are constantly putting their thumb in Kobe's eye. I don't like the move, at all.

I would've preferred Fish stay and Blake be sent to Portland for Beasley. This trade is not a good look for LA this season, personally.

Chuck Nevitt
Sophomore

Post by Chuck Nevitt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:02 pm

They're more athletic (tho Fish was a true athlete) and they got a guy who can play some minutes as a backup C/F. A further drift away from the triangle and a step towards a twin towers + Kobe mentality.

Either way, it's win now. Beasley's intriguing, but I don't know if he's the right guy.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Well, the Beez deal fell through anyway. My issue is with the locker room. Fish was the last of the "warm and fuzzy" guys from the championship team. Now, everyone's gone. Kobe is who he is and now there is no one there to smooth out that tough love that Kobe delivers.

Jim Buss dismantled a dynasty and now only one dude is left who really knows how to win a championship. This is not a "win now" move.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Chuck Nevitt
Sophomore

Post by Chuck Nevitt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:44 pm

I agree that Fish is a good character guy and all that. Not being a part of any NBA locker rooms, I don't know who else on the Lakers fills that role, or even how crucial it is to some championship teams. Dallas last year seemed to have a few of that type of player, with everybody else buying in. A veteran, respected guy might push Miami over top, for instance, or he might just be a guy who isn't getting any younger among a bunch of mercenary stars who will win anyway. My impression is that if Pau can say fuck the bullshit and play solid every night it will say a lot.

We have to see how this season turns out before we declare the dynasty dead. If it is, dumping Fisher for young talent makes sense.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:06 am

Basically how I feel about it...
Responding to the pleas for a blockbuster trade, the Lakers answered their critics Thursday with a whopper.

They traded their soul.

The Lakers traded Derek Fisher, and if you are having trouble swallowing those five words, say them in point-four seconds and you'll really choke on it.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... ?track=rss

Chuck Nevitt
Sophomore

Post by Chuck Nevitt » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:18 pm

I can say "Russell Westbrook blows by Fisher" in four one hundredths of a second, too ;-)

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Maybe Fisher will simply retire now, sadly in some Westside hotel ballroom, sadly on his own.
yeh, some real hard times for a 13 year NBA vet

dont go TOO far over the top Plaschke
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Well Plaschke has to dial it up some to keep us mourners riled up, but he's no Simers, who's the Scott Templeton of the LA Times.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:36 pm

didnt they make a rule about this in the new CBA, is Fisher looking to join the Lakers?
Derek Fisher and the Rockets agreed to a buyout on Sunday and has been placed on waivers.

"After much discussion and expressing their desire to welcome Derek to their team this season as well as the 2012-13 season, the Houston Rockets and Derek have negotiated a buyout," Fisher's publicist Jamie Wior said in a statement. "Derek's desire to win a sixth championship is what drives him and will continue to drive him as he moves forward. We thank the Houston Rockets front office for their interest, time and their absolute professionalism."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21 ... z1pbYxOBTp

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:16 pm

more:
The Thunder, Bulls and Heat are three teams that could end up signing Derek Fisher once he clears waivers.

Oklahoma City are looking to add point guard depth behind Russell Westbrook due to the season-ending injury to Eric Maynor.

Fisher has interest in joining Chicago or Heat where he would be able to compete for a title.

The Clippers, according to sources, are not likely to pursue Fisher.

The Spurs had been mentioned as a potential landing spot, but their agreement with Patty Mills may prevent that from happening. Mills, however, has not had his rights renounced by the Blazers.

Fisher was traded by the Lakers to Houston on Thursday and was subsequently bought out on Sunday.
Via Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21 ... z1pbjMNMHV

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Yeah, Fisher can't come back to the Lakers. There is an evil part of me that hopes he goes to Miami and helps them win a ring. I don't know if Miami would do it because their defensive schemes are 100% the opposite of whatever Fisher can offer in that department.

Chuck Nevitt
Sophomore

Post by Chuck Nevitt » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:39 pm

I watched his flagrant against Scola a few dozen times last night. You know, the one where his bald head collided with Scola's teeth. Good stuff.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:49 pm

That was a classic like the OK Computer album.