hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:33 am

Speaking of lizards...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:37 am

Good folks...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:54 am

I'd like to know what she did on 1/6

a broken sign isn't the same as a rapist walking around on the streets waiting for trial

ooooh lock her ass up - she broke a sign!!!!!
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:47 am

She almost overthrew the government!
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:58 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:11 am

hedge wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:37 am Good folks...

Another death caused by the terrorist attack on the capitol...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:42 pm

Not by the terrorist attack, but by one of the terrorist attackers. They're the gift that keeps on giving, it seems...

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:54 pm

For DookSucks

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/01/ ... t-divorce/

not that he will ever actually read it.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:04 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:13 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:54 pm For DookSucks

Maybe he won't read it b/c it's behind a paywall, you dolt...

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:34 pm

Follow the science....

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:38 pm

I certainly hope the Supreme Court will bring us back to sanity and obliterate this mandate by the Biden administration. It's wrong on so many levels.

Right now, as an employer of over 100, we are at risk of losing 20% of our employees (unvaccinated). In this job market they can just leave to a smaller firm rather than put up with the hoops we are mandated to put them through.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:07 pm

we were expecting 15% so thru word of mouth they told them just file for an exemption and it will be approved.

We lose 15% of our staff and we lose $200m in revenue

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:21 pm

hedge wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:13 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:54 pm For DookSucks

Maybe he won't read it b/c it's behind a paywall, you dolt...
It wasn't for me. But whatever, here it is.
MADELEINE KEARNS wrote:When the former British health secretary’s extramarital affair came to light last year, the press was much more interested in the fact that he’d breached his own social-distancing rules than that he committed adultery. Perhaps (as one writer friend suggested to me) so few commentators are willing to invoke traditional standards lest they too be measured by them. After all, in our post-Christian society, adultery is not necessarily wrong. There is also a widespread acceptance of “no fault divorce,” the idea that marriage, like a car, sometimes spontaneously breaks down, becoming more hassle than it’s worth.

One proponent of this philosophy is Adele, the megastar pop singer, whose latest album 30 takes her divorce from her husband (and the father of her son) as its theme. Adele told Oprah Winfrey that she had been “obsessed” with the idea of a “nuclear family” from a young age, after her father abandoned her at age three. She said that, for a time, she derived a great sense of stability and purpose from her husband and son. But this didn’t last. Soon, she realized she was “ignoring” her own happiness. In the interview, she describes her dissatisfaction so vaguely that it’s difficult to pin down. What it seems to have boiled down to is boredom.

It’s not just her. Writing in The Atlantic, Honor Jones, a mother of three, describes going through a similar set of emotions in an essay titled, “How I demolished my life.” Jones writes, “I loved my husband; it’s not that I didn’t. But I felt that he was standing between me and the world, between me and myself” (her emphasis). When her husband asked her why she was leaving him, causing so much upheaval and heartbreak, she silently reassured herself: “So I could put my face in the wind. So I could see the sun’s glare” (her emphasis). In other words, so she could reclaim the freedoms of single life.

Curiously, despite their respective choices to initiate divorce, both Adele and Honor Jones were insecure about their decisions. “I’m still not fully over it — of me choosing to dismantle my child’s life for my own. It makes me very uncomfortable,” Adele told Oprah. “By breaking up our family,” writes Jones, “I’d taken something from my kids that they were never going to get back. Naturally, I thought about this a lot.” Still, Adele consoled herself with the thought that her son, Angelo, as an adult, “would be livid” with her for not putting her own happiness before his. Jones also looks for a silver lining: “There was nothing I could give them” — her children – “to make up for it, except, maybe, a way of being in the world: of being open to it, and open in it.”

Not every divorcée is so optimistic. Rod Liddle, a columnist for The Spectator, writes that the consequence of normalizing divorce is that we have much more of it, “with all the anguish, bitterness and economic deprivation which almost always follows, not to mention the huge damage inflicted on the children.” This damage is proven by longitudinal social studies, which demonstrate much poorer outcomes for children raised by single parents.

If we lived in an earlier age, we might have called divorce due to boredom selfishness, and we might have suggested that selfishness has never paved the way for true happiness. We might also have wondered whether those citing general discontent might have unrealistic expectations — not just for marriage but for life in general. Moreover, we might worry that normalizing family break-up might have huge social costs. As it is, our own age is much too confused and apathetic to care.

Part of the trouble is that marriage, too, has lost its meaning. The majority opinion in Obergefell v. Hodges stated, “The nature of marriage is that, through its enduring bond, two persons together can find other freedoms, such as expression, intimacy, and spirituality.” But what happens when these “other freedoms” are not found? In his dissent, the late Justice Antonin Scalia summarized the flaws of this thinking:
Scalia wrote:Who ever thought that intimacy and spirituality (whatever that means) were freedoms? And if intimacy is, one would think Freedom of Intimacy is abridged rather than expanded by marriage. Ask the nearest hippie. Expression, sure enough, is a freedom, but anyone in a long-lasting marriage will attest that that happy state constricts, rather than expands, what one can prudently say.
Adele says that what matters most to her in life is loving and being loved. But as any happily married person can tell you, love in action is more a choice than a feeling. The stubborn fact remains that kids do best with a mum and a dad who are willing to tough out the hard times, the dissatisfaction, the low-level friction — and who are buoyed by a shared understanding that happiness is not found in the whims of the ego, but in purposeful living.
Now everyone can read it.

This sums up my opinion of No-Fault-Divorce and the ruin it has wrought.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:24 pm

sardis wrote:Right now, as an employer of over 100, we are at risk of losing 20% of our employees (unvaccinated). In this job market they can just leave to a smaller firm rather than put up with the hoops we are mandated to put them through.
eCat wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:07 pm we were expecting 15% so thru word of mouth they told them just file for an exemption and it will be approved.

We lose 15% of our staff and we lose $200m in revenue
Sadly gentlemen, I think the "goal" here by whoever is telling Biden how to do his job, the "goal" is to make those 15% who refuse to vaccinate to be completely UNEMPLOYABLE IN THIS COUNTRY by anyone. So yeah, they could leave but Biden wants them OUT of the job market entirely. He wants to hurt US citizens in the wallet by taking away all their earning power if they refuse to vaccinate.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:11 pm

"Now everyone can read it."

Yet nobody will...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:12 pm

dolt

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:40 am

I’m probably sure Manchin understands the plight of the rural West Virginian more than a congressman from the south side of Chicago.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-bobby-ru ... 40438.html

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:10 pm

Doubtful....

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:08 am

we don't like you, so we're going to let more people die in your state, they probably wouldn't have voted for us anyways....

----------------------------

The federal government slashed in half the number of doses of the monoclonal antibodies therapy shipped to Florida from 30,000 to 15,000 this week, according to Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

DeSantis said the 15,000 dozen received would be “immediately utilized to support new monoclonal antibody sites.”

“But for the federal government’s decision to restrict supply of monoclonal antibody treatment to Florida, my administration would have already opened additional monoclonal antibody treatment sites throughout the state,” DeSantis said in a press release.

The governor said that before the Biden administration “seized control of the monoclonal supply” Florida was administering 30,000 doses per week to infected patients. The treatment saved “countless lives,” he said.

“The Biden Administration is still obstructing the state of Florida’s ability to manage our own supply of monoclonal antibodies and I will continue to seek additional doses for Floridians,” he said.

The Epoch Times reported Jan. 3 that the U.S. Health and Human Services Administration had relaxed its policies on limiting the monoclonal antibody drugs paving the way for Florida to receive 30,000 treatments. The plan for those doses was to set up new treatment centers in high-need areas throughout south and central Florida.

DeSantis alleged the limits the HHS had set for Florida were “political.”

“The federal government has cornered the entire market of monoclonal,” he said in a press conference on Jan. 3. “We’ve got the infrastructure in place. It’s just a matter of the federal government giving us more doses … for the Floridians who need it.”

The governor asked the state legislature to set aside almost $1 billion to aid in fighting COVID-19 and making monoclonal antibodies available to “every Floridian who needed it.”

But because the federal government has a contractual agreement with the makers of the monoclonal antibody treatments, it has “locked out” anyone else from buying the product, the governor said.

“We will rapidly deploy the 15,000 doses that we now have secured,” he said. “The Biden Administration commandeered the supply and distribution of monoclonal antibodies following Florida’s successful deployment of the treatment last summer and drastically cut shipments of the treatments to the state.”

The announcement of the shortfall in monoclonal antibody treatments comes one day after the governor made remarks about the Jan. 6 anniversary and how “corporate media” and Washington would celebrate the day as “their Christmas.”