The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Dave23 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:49 am

My wife tested positive a couple of days ago…not much except cold symptoms (congestion) until today.

Her headache today has kept her in bed all day long…asleep most of the time.
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:19 pm

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by hedge » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:29 pm

I feel more or less fine now and haven't really felt like I had anything but a very mild cold for the past few days. Still can't taste or smell anything though....
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:31 pm

Even when I felt my "worst", which was the day after Christmas and then Monday and Tuesday, it was no more than an average cold, probably less than average, really, I was never that congested and didn't really have any body aches, just a little stuffy and maybe a scratchy throat, but I felt better every day and would've considered myself over it by Wednesday, which is the day I lost smell and taste...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:43 pm

what you describe is the main issue though

you really have no idea if your illness with Covid would have been worse without the vaccine. What you described is what about 90% of Americans describe having with Covid, prior to the vaccine.

and you, being fully vaccinated, still caught covid, and without rigorous testing, you don't know if you have delta, omicron or an unnamed variant.

without any knowledge of the Covid-19, you would have thought you had a mild case of the flu with some odd side effects regarding the loss of smell/taste

now, I think the risk isn't worth it, but even being fully vaccinated with a booster, I'm addressing the 3% +/- risk of hospitalization and severe illness associated with a highly contagious virus, that said, I'm not going to point to people that choose not to be vaccinated when vegas lock odds are in their favor they are going to come out of this unscathed, and most likely in a better shape to ward off future variants of this virus.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:53 pm

271139301_140528958363396_2577669728236614666_n.jpg
271139301_140528958363396_2577669728236614666_n.jpg (33.68 KiB) Viewed 228 times

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:53 pm

Get the shots.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:44 pm

" that said, I'm not going to point to people that choose not to be vaccinated when vegas lock odds are in their favor they are going to come out of this unscathed"

That's true, but the Vegas lock odds are also that if you're in an ICU unit with covid, it's 95%+ that you aren't vaccinated. So yeah, there's a great chance that even if you're unvaccinated you're not going to die or need to go to the ICU, but it's also close to 100% of the people that are gumming up the ICU's didn't get vaccinated and people who may need to be there for other reasons can't get in there b/c of people who were too selfish or stupid or just wanted to "own the libs" and didn't get vaccinated. Fuck those people, if they didn't care enough about themselves, they don't deserve the highest level of care from the health care system. I'm not saying don't admit them, but if somebody else who was vaccinated needs that bed, or somebody with a heart attack or automobile accident or any other real emergency needs that bed and that level of care, put Mr. or Mrs. "I'm owning the libs and not getting vaccinated!" smartypants on a gurney in the hallway and, well, thoughts and prayers...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:49 pm

Speaking of unvaccinated, the MIF isn't vaccinated and feels the same way about it you do (odds are very great that worst case scenario is that you're not going to have anything more than mild symptoms even if you get covid, and that's true, esp. if you're not over 70, are in good shape and no co-morbidities (all of which apply to the MIF)). She's been around me the whole time, sleeping in the same bed, eating and drinking after me, etc., and she hasn't had the first symptom. I think she may be an android....

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:55 pm

eCat wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:43 pm what you describe is the main issue though

you really have no idea if your illness with Covid would have been worse without the vaccine. What you described is what about 90% of Americans describe having with Covid, prior to the vaccine.

and you, being fully vaccinated, still caught covid, and without rigorous testing, you don't know if you have delta, omicron or an unnamed variant.

without any knowledge of the Covid-19, you would have thought you had a mild case of the flu with some odd side effects regarding the loss of smell/taste

now, I think the risk isn't worth it, but even being fully vaccinated with a booster, I'm addressing the 3% +/- risk of hospitalization and severe illness associated with a highly contagious virus, that said, I'm not going to point to people that choose not to be vaccinated when vegas lock odds are in their favor they are going to come out of this unscathed, and most likely in a better shape to ward off future variants of this virus.
I have had the booster, and my wife has not had the booster yet. She had a far worse time then me.

Everyone I have known who has had the virus without vaccination / booster has had it far worse than someone who has had the vaccine / booster.

It’s anecdotal, but considering everyone in our friend / social circles has had it now, I can say I have seen the benefits in myself and others.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:20 pm

My wife and I were exposed at the same time.

We have slept in the same bed every night, kissed on NYE…and she has it bad, and I’m symptom free.

I had a bad sore throat from Thanksgiving until about the middle of December…3 weeks or so…but tested negative during that time…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Dave23
Senior

Post by Dave23 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:21 pm

Oh, and we’re both vaccinated, but not boosted yet…

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:36 pm

My wife and I were exposed at the same Christmas party / super spreader event (last count is that at least half of the 300 attendees have tested positive). She tested positive on the 22nd/23rd, but I didn’t have a confirmed positive until the 29th. I had a very, very faint positive line on the at-home test on 12/22, but the rapid and pcr tests were negative on the 23rd.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:00 pm

"I had a very, very faint positive line on the at-home test on 12/22"

I had 2 solid lines in like 5 minutes...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:51 pm

I was running a train last night on this homeless girl and I think she had it too. My dick is green.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:55 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:51 pm I was running a train last night on this homeless girl and I think she had it too. My dick is green.
Pretty sure that’s from a Gwar song.
Butt juice

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:03 pm

hedge wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:00 pm "I had a very, very faint positive line on the at-home test on 12/22"

I had 2 solid lines in like 5 minutes...
As did Mrs. DS

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:39 am

inflation isn't the only issue related to giving out stimulus checks

Over doses were running about 40K per year. The U.S set a new record in 2020 of over 75K, and in 2021, for the first time ever over 100,000. I'm sure stay at home and depression are a perfect storm to support it. I suspect suicide numbers are thru the roof as well.

The article below doesn't make that connection as it talks about its policies, mostly from white collar, but I would suspect that covers alot of family plans of children and spouses.

------------------------

The head of Indianapolis-based insurance company OneAmerica said the death rate is up a stunning 40% from pre-pandemic levels among working-age people.

“We are seeing, right now, the highest death rates we have seen in the history of this business – not just at OneAmerica,” the company’s CEO Scott Davison said during an online news conference this week. “The data is consistent across every player in that business.”

OneAmerica is a $100 billion insurance company that has had its headquarters in Indianapolis since 1877. The company has approximately 2,400 employees and sells life insurance, including group life insurance to employers in the state.

Davison said the increase in deaths represents “huge, huge numbers,” and that’s it’s not elderly people who are dying, but “primarily working-age people 18 to 64” who are the employees of companies that have group life insurance plans through OneAmerica.

“And what we saw just in third quarter, we’re seeing it continue into fourth quarter, is that death rates are up 40% over what they were pre-pandemic,” he said.

“Just to give you an idea of how bad that is, a three-sigma or a one-in-200-year catastrophe would be 10% increase over pre-pandemic,” he said. “So 40% is just unheard of.”

“What the data is showing to us is that the deaths that are being reported as COVID deaths greatly understate the actual death losses among working-age people from the pandemic. It may not all be COVID on their death certificate, but deaths are up just huge, huge numbers.”
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:39 am

hedge wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:44 pm " that said, I'm not going to point to people that choose not to be vaccinated when vegas lock odds are in their favor they are going to come out of this unscathed"

That's true, but the Vegas lock odds are also that if you're in an ICU unit with covid, it's 95%+ that you aren't vaccinated. So yeah, there's a great chance that even if you're unvaccinated you're not going to die or need to go to the ICU, but it's also close to 100% of the people that are gumming up the ICU's didn't get vaccinated and people who may need to be there for other reasons can't get in there b/c of people who were too selfish or stupid or just wanted to "own the libs" and didn't get vaccinated. Fuck those people, if they didn't care enough about themselves, they don't deserve the highest level of care from the health care system. I'm not saying don't admit them, but if somebody else who was vaccinated needs that bed, or somebody with a heart attack or automobile accident or any other real emergency needs that bed and that level of care, put Mr. or Mrs. "I'm owning the libs and not getting vaccinated!" smartypants on a gurney in the hallway and, well, thoughts and prayers...
gumming up the ICU's is also about not having staff. A hospital can have 1000 beds but if they don't have the nurses to support them they won't make them available to everyone.

so maybe getting rid of nurses that refused the vax wasn't such a good idea during a time of them being overworked and considered heroes when they were working with covid when there was no vaccine.

I'm not saying I don't have frustration with people who won't get vaxxed but we're at a point now where being vaxxed isn't going to stop the spread of the virus, and all it takes is one rogue variant to render all these efforts useless and we are back to square one.

Hindsight is 20/20 but they really should have prepared Americans for the reality that the vaccine doesn't work like the polio vaccine. That 70% doesn't get you herd immunity, that a flatten the curve approach to shut down became a fixture for 20+ months with no end in site. I find it hard to blame the non vaccinated for anything at this point once we hit the original herd immunity numbers in most of the states (keep in mind that includes those who already have covid). The omicron virus was being reported that it originated from a heavily vaxxed person with an immune deficit, presumably aids. On top of that we're getting boosters less than 12 months into it so those vaccines weren't the game changer the world was led to believe, yet that is the go to move for every politician and pundit - keep getting pumped with our drugs.

People talk about follow the science, believe in the science, but science keeps moving the goal posts. I understand they didn't have all the answers when this started - but they sure damn well acted like they did, and their supporters had no problem acting like they did as well - and at the end of the day, it hasn't stop this virus from overwhelming our systems - health, travel, and supply chain.

That's why I've been down of Fauci and his ilk. They only talked from their world view and the media was all to happy to provide them the platform, but Fauci doesn't have an answer for what to do with a stay at home that goes into 2 years and we can't keep store shelves stocked , we have runaway inflation for food, energy and transportation or stores scale back their operating hours by 25% due to a worker shortage, we have record drug overdose and probably suicides, our schools are failing with remote learning and overall the nations civility is just on the brink, not to mention China and Russia see this as an opportunity to expand their global influence while America struggles within our borders watching illegals pour in.

I'm surprised there aren't more regular guys pulling an Antonio Brown out there.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:55 am

hedge wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:49 pm Speaking of unvaccinated, the MIF isn't vaccinated and feels the same way about it you do (odds are very great that worst case scenario is that you're not going to have anything more than mild symptoms even if you get covid, and that's true, esp. if you're not over 70, are in good shape and no co-morbidities (all of which apply to the MIF)). She's been around me the whole time, sleeping in the same bed, eating and drinking after me, etc., and she hasn't had the first symptom. I think she may be an android....
Does she have O blood type?