Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:39 pm

If a Black guy did this to an unarmed white kid walking home and he wasn''t arrested
Now, now, lets not create some outlandish fantasy like this. A black guy shooting somebody and not getting arrested immediately??? Good one.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Owlman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Dave23 wrote:I hope you replied "If I were one of your employees, I would have no will to live anyway..."

Hi AA!

heh
My Dad is my hero still.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:26 pm

So what ever happened to the white guy who got cold knocked out, robbed and stripped naked in the streets of Baltimore by black dudes a month or so ago? Where was Billy Graham?!

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:36 pm

When were you in Baltimore to see that covered in a two paragraph section on the 8th page of a local paper?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 pm

I caught it on YouTube and posted it somewhere here awhile back wondering why no outrage.

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 am

I think el zimmolito is lying about how things went down. unless the kid had a history of fighting, it seems unlikely he would sneak up and jump this stranger in an unfamiliar neighborhood he was visiting, regardless of how much dope he smoked back home in miami. it doesnt make any sense. zimmerman probably tried to physically detain the kid and the kid freaked out.

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:07 am

I can say that if I saw a *white* kid in my neighborhood wearing a flat bill baseball cap, a hoodie and had pants hanging down below his ass - and he was walking down my street AND I didn't know who he was, I would be suspicious of him.

that's pretty much most teens in Florida.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:48 am

I know, Rat, and I thought there was a decent amount of outrage...
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:03 am

I don't think they will be able to convict, certainly not a murder conviction in Florida.

Manslaughter and 10-15 years? Maybe. Murder? Nopey, not going to happen, not in Florida. Case is not that strong, not with the killer confessing from the get go and killing the victim while on the job. Zimmerman feels awful about this, would do anything to undo what he did.

If the DA really holds firm on murder, then Zimmerman walks and Florida burns (ala Los Angeles 20 years earlier, for the exact same reason.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:18 am

Zimmerman feels awful about this, would do anything to undo what he did
1983, my first rotation in the E.R. in Galveston. I see a couple of young man (on Spring Break), who bring a teen in the E.R. One of these young men is covered in blood. As it turns out they were down here for spring break and the kid covered in blood was doing donuts in the middle of the street, lost control and hit a 14 year old kid on a bicycle. The blood was the kid's as he tried to help him. The thing that will always stick with me was his profound sadness when we told him that the 14 year old was dead. He just brok down and cried. He was inconsolable. That's when the police came in. He was apparently convicted on some reckless homicide charge later.
My Dad is my hero still.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:02 am

Yeah, contrition should not play a role in verdicts (although it never hurts)...it does seem to factor in to sentencing, as far as being an official part of the legal equation. The verdict should be about the facts and the evidence, though.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by BigRedMan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:20 am

Jungle Rat wrote:I caught it on YouTube and posted it somewhere here awhile back wondering why no outrage.
Because fool, that wasn't no hate crime. Only white people can be racist and do shit like that. Didn't you get the memo???
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:22 am

Jungle Rat wrote:So what ever happened to the white guy who got cold knocked out, robbed and stripped naked in the streets of Baltimore by black dudes a month or so ago? Where was Billy Graham?!
did it take 2 months for a conviction?

better yet, did the Baltimore Police detain the assailants for questioning then let them go along their merry way?
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:28 am

Don't know. Haven't heard anything about it since.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:30 am

Gator by God's Grace wrote:I think el zimmolito is lying about how things went down. unless the kid had a history of fighting, it seems unlikely he would sneak up and jump this stranger in an unfamiliar neighborhood he was visiting, regardless of how much dope he smoked back home in miami. it doesnt make any sense. zimmerman probably tried to physically detain the kid and the kid freaked out.
I don't think he had a chance to come up with anything , especially given that there are witnesses to some events in the timeline. I would think you'd have to be a very cool customer to go thru that and have the frame of mind to convincingly lie. He had just shot a person.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:36 am

Gator by God's Grace wrote:I can say that if I saw a *white* kid in my neighborhood wearing a flat bill baseball cap, a hoodie and had pants hanging down below his ass - and he was walking down my street AND I didn't know who he was, I would be suspicious of him.

that's pretty much most teens in Florida.
the question is - if any one of them was walking thru Zimmerman's neighborhood, would he be suspicious of them?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:58 am

apparently so.

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:08 am

T Dot O Dot wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:So what ever happened to the white guy who got cold knocked out, robbed and stripped naked in the streets of Baltimore by black dudes a month or so ago? Where was Billy Graham?!
did it take 2 months for a conviction?

better yet, did the Baltimore Police detain the assailants for questioning then let them go along their merry way?
you mean 2 months for an indictment. some of that delay was due to the local prosecutor stepping aside and the state having to bring in an outside prosecutor to review the case. also, there have been leaked hints that the police passed the buck entirely to the state attorneys' office on the decision-making due to the "Stand your ground" legal issues. I'd like to know what was taking so long at the original local state attorney (although, there have certainly been other cases where it took a while for charges to issue). i dont know if the local guy had decided on no charges or was still looking at it to that point. in a similar pending case near me that is probably going to set legal precedent for the el zim case, the shooter also went home from the incident in 2010, but then charges were brought within the next day or so iirc. they had his trial i think end of 2011, and now legal motions are (still) being reviewed and considered re dismissal.

Gator by God's Grace
Sophomore

Post by Gator by God's Grace » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:09 am

i've heard there have been other cases since this stand your ground law passed where the cops in FLA shrugged their shoulders and no charges were ever brought due to lack of witnesses.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:59 pm

[youtube]0dENltReP1U[/youtube]