Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by BigRedMan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:30 pm

That is my biggest issue with this whole situation. If a "black guy" did this, it wouldn't make the national news. And guess what. It happens all the time.

No national news of it. No Al Sharpton standing at the podium shouting for justice. No twitter hastags on this.

A sorta white guy does this and all hell breaks loose.

People (all races, creeds, colors, height, weight, and BBQ preference) need to wake the fuck up and look around in their own house first before trying to take on the world.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:13 pm

I actually tried to buy a black hoodie back in late Feb early March but didnt find one I liked (no inventory, already beginning to get warmer, etc)
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:15 pm

I also regularly go to the store in one in colder weather.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by Owlman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:28 pm

BigRedMan wrote:That is my biggest issue with this whole situation. If a "black guy" did this, it wouldn't make the national news. And guess what. It happens all the time.

No national news of it. No Al Sharpton standing at the podium shouting for justice. No twitter hastags on this.

A sorta white guy does this and all hell breaks loose.

People (all races, creeds, colors, height, weight, and BBQ preference) need to wake the fuck up and look around in their own house first before trying to take on the world.
If a Black guy did this to an unarmed white kid walking home and he wasn''t arrested (as Zimmerman wasn't), you don't think it would make national news? I respectfully disagree.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Here we have a situation where someone in a position of authority told Zimmerman to carry a gun for his protection
You believe a policeman told Zimmerman to carry a gun to protect him from a pit bull? The police you know I guess are a lot different than the police I know. Before I believe this hearsay statement, I want to see the policeman testify to that fact. If this was true, we'd get all of our postal workers to bring a gun on their rounds (they are armed with pepper spray though).
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:37 pm

The Uniform of Urban Youth
Bklyn wrote:Image

BANG!!!
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

The Uniform of Urban Youth

BOOM!
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

More of The Uniform of Urban Youth

He's up to something! Kill him!
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Owlman wrote:
Here we have a situation where someone in a position of authority told Zimmerman to carry a gun for his protection
You believe a policeman told Zimmerman to carry a gun to protect him from a pit bull? The police you know I guess are a lot different than the police I know. Before I believe this hearsay statement, I want to see the policeman testify to that fact. If this was true, we'd get all of our postal workers to bring a gun on their rounds (they are armed with pepper spray though).

The police I know tell me to get a gun and file the serial numbers off to protect myself if I'm ever in a shooting - and to drag the guy inside if I shoot him in my yard. In other words, they are not gun averse for arming a citizen intent on protecting himself.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:42 pm

So, this Martin kid was Jewish?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:45 pm

bout time asshole
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Regardless of what Zimmerman did up until the point there was a confrontation, its irrelevant the moment Martin decided he was going to engage Zimmerman.
Really? So now Martin decided to engage Zimmerman? Zimmerman followed Martin, and you assume that it was Martin that decided to confront Zimmerman. Why? Because Zimmerman said so? And he was such great credibility with you, why?? Isn't it possible that Zimmerman confronted Martin, and not the other way around? Right now, it's all hearsay (the police report has not been released). As I told my barber this am, he needed to be arrested. Now I'll wait for the trial to see the evidence.
My Dad is my hero still.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:46 pm

I can easily see the cops I know giving that advice (friends, familty, or friends of the family though in conversation, I havent had a lot of dealings with cops "on the job" [because I am whitey, and we dont get in trubs fools] beyond those bullshit "drugs are bad" elementary school stuff. Cops I know personally in general are the types to recommend guns for anything and everything, "You should buy a gun, and shoot open your soda cans!"

Perhaps cops dont recommend buying guns to black people...

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Isn't it possible that Zimmerman confronted Martin, and not the other way around?
If either one is "possible" based on the evidence it seems Zimmerman would be getting acquitted based on the law, right?

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:48 pm

The police I know tell me to get a gun and file the serial numbers off to protect myself if I'm ever in a shooting - and to drag the guy inside if I shoot him in my yard. In other words, they are not gun averse for arming a citizen intent on protecting himself.
Think that will be admissible in court???? Like I said, I'll believe it only when the policeman testifies to it. Got a problem with a pit bull, call the pound.
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:51 pm

aTm wrote:
Isn't it possible that Zimmerman confronted Martin, and not the other way around?
If either one is "possible" based on the evidence it seems Zimmerman would be getting acquitted based on the law, right?
If that's the only evidence, probably. But since neither fact is in evidence at all, nor is the testimony of witnesses, nor the time line understood, or the location of Zimmerman's home relative to his car and the shooting, then one can't be conclusive now at all. Evidence. Waiting.
My Dad is my hero still.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:51 pm

I agree

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Owlman wrote:
Regardless of what Zimmerman did up until the point there was a confrontation, its irrelevant the moment Martin decided he was going to engage Zimmerman.
Really? So now Martin decided to engage Zimmerman? Zimmerman followed Martin, and you assume that it was Martin that decided to confront Zimmerman. Why? Because Zimmerman said so? And he was such great credibility with you, why?? Isn't it possible that Zimmerman confronted Martin, and not the other way around? Right now, it's all hearsay (the police report has not been released). As I told my barber this am, he needed to be arrested. Now I'll wait for the trial to see the evidence.

I guess I'm funny about a guys head bleeding and an eye witness saying he was getting his ass whipped corroborating his story. I've always been weird that way.

and for the record, I've said its quite possible that Zimmerman confronted Martin. None of which is relevant once Trayvon was pounding his head into the concrete.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Owlman wrote:
Think that will be admissible in court???? Like I said, I'll believe it only when the policeman testifies to it. Got a problem with a pit bull, call the pound.

that's not what you asked me. You asked me if I believed the police told him to get a gun and I can easily see that happening.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Perhaps, but my information comes from police that are friends. They are more fearful of vigilante's walking around with guns than they are of criminals. Only domestic disputes scare them more. To tell someone to go get a gun because there is a pit bull in the neighborhood just doesn't smell right. Too many other very easy options.
My Dad is my hero still.