hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Uncle Bud

Post by hedge » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04 am

crotch wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:Exactly why I don't work out.
....might be worth your time to give it a try

I feel sorry for that toilet in the background...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by crotch » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Nice try but no one will ever confuse me with being fat. I'm a lean, mean fighting machine.
Yeah, right.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Bklyn » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:45 pm

That's crazy, e. I think about that from time to time as I push myself to nausea in the gym. A buddy from college fell dead while working out from heart failure. Crazy and sad for the dude you (hopefully) saved.

Get your physical annually and err on the side of fitness instead of fear. That's the best I can do with that scenario playing in my head.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Unusual. Most heart failure is considered more of a chronic condition....What happened? Trouble breathing that exacerbated to respiratory distress? Pity....I assume he was young.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:28 am

Sacre BLEURGH! Giant fart machine is so loud people hear its blast in FRANCE after it is tested out in Dover

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... Dover.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:31 am

btw, the people at the gym told me the guy lived.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:38 pm

eCat wrote:btw, the people at the gym told me the guy lived.
Good to hear. BTW, a good friend of mine and a former 7th grade student and HS basketball star in our county fell dead of a massive heart attack a couple weeks ago. He had been shooting hoops in his back yard and had went inside to lift weights. Great guy....he was only 43 and a picture of health... around 6'3" and 200.
Last edited by crotch on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billy bob bocephus
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida State

Post by billy bob bocephus » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm

Jungle Rat wrote:Nice try but no one will ever confuse me with being fat. I'm a lean, mean fighting machine.
think of rat's avatar as gollum with shades

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:46 pm

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:48 am

How can they charge before the Tox Report comes back?
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:22 pm

I just got 61,604 on 2048...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:14 pm

I just fucked your MYF while you were playing that.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 am

[youtube]hnZb5wi_jsU[/youtube]

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:28 pm

In honor of Crow.

11 facts about the McRib (I'll never eat one)

1. The McRib came about because of a shortage of chickens.

In a 2009 interview with Maxim, Rene Arend, McDonald's first executive chef and inventor of the Chicken McNugget, explains that the McNugget was so popular when it was first introduced in 1979 that demand quickly outstripped chicken supply.

The legendary pork sandwich was developed out of necessity. Franchises that didn't have the Chicken McNugget needed a new hot-selling product — and that's when Arend scrambled back to the test kitchen.

2. The McRib was inspired by Southern BBQ.

Rene Arend modeled the McRib after the barbecue-sauce-slathered pork sandwiches he ate during a visit to Charleston, South Carolina.

The decorated French-trained chef, who once whipped up fancy culinary creations for the Drake Hotel, is also credited with coming up the unique shape of the sandwich.

Although the McRib doesn't contain a single bone, Arend suggested the meat be patterned after a slab of ribs instead of the classic round patty.

3. The McRib is a product of "restructured meat technology."

Rene Arend came up with the idea and design of the McRib, but it's a professor from the University of Nebraska named Richard Mandigo who developed the "restructured meat product" that the McRib is actually made of.

According to an article from Chicago magazine, which cites a 1995 article by Mandigo, "restructured meat product" contains a mixture of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, which is then mixed with salt and water to extract proteins from the muscle. The proteins bind all the pork trimmings together so that it can be re-molded into any specific shape — in this case, a fake slab of ribs.

4. The whole process from fresh pork to frozen McRib takes about 45 minutes.

Director of McDonald's U.S. supply chain Rob Cannell explained how regular pig gets transformed into the famed McRib in an interview with Maxim: "The McRib is made in large processing plants—lots of stainless steel, a number of production lines, and these long cryogenic freezers. The pork meat is chopped up, then seasoned, then formed into that shape that looks like a rib back. Then we flash-freeze it. The whole process from fresh pork to frozen McRib takes about 45 minutes."

5. The entire McRib sandwich contains about 70 ingredients — including a flour-bleaching agent used in yoga mats.

As it appears out of the box, the McRib sandwich consists of just five basic components: a pork patty, barbecue sauce, pickle slices, onions, and a sesame bun.

But, as recently reported by Time magazine, a closer inspection of McDonald's own ingredient list reveals that the pork sandwich contains a total of 70 ingredients. This includes azodicarbonamide, a flour-bleaching agent often used in the production of foamed plastics.

The entire sandwich packs a whopping 500 calories, 26 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, and 980 milligrams of sodium.

6. The McRib debuted in 1981, disappeared in 1985, and has resurfaced from time-to-time since 1994.

Depending on where you read, McDonald's introduced the boneless pork sandwich sometime between 1981 and 1982. The fast-food concoction vanished in 1985, only to reappear as a limited-edition item in 1994.

The McRib has become something of a legend for its on-and-off appearances on McDonald's menus. The fleeting nature of the sandwich has generated a cult-like following.

7. Individual restaurants can actually order the ingredients for the McRib at any time.

The McRib pops up at McDonald's locations across the country sporadically. It's so random because the individual restaurants are able to offer the McRib whenever they feel like it. The practice has even inspired websites devoted to tracking McRib availability across the nation.

8. McDonald's keeps the McRib scarce because the sandwich's entire brand relies on it.

McDonald's has always known about its customers' weird obsession for the sandwich, and its marketing completely leverages the McRib's scarcity. Take its "Save The McRib" campaign in 2010, where it encouraged McRib fans to go online and sign a petition to keep the sandwich around for a while longer.

But a strategy like that only works with something that's as popular as the McRib is. If you make an unknown item scarce, nobody's going to care.

9. It'd be incredibly difficult for McDonald's to create more McRib-esque products, because that cult-like following is so hard to replicate.

McRib lovers are fanatical, but it wouldn't be this way if the phenomenon hadn't had decades to marinate in the hearts and minds of its fans. A wholly devoted fanbase for a new product would take years to develop, and even then, there's no guarantee that it would work.

McDonald's struck gold with the McRib, and it doesn't want to do anything to affect its brand. Even now, by offering the McRib nationwide twice just a year apart, it's walking a fine line. At what point will consumers get sick of it?

10. There's also speculation that the McRib is really just a big commodity trade by McDonald's.

The Awl's Willey Staley argues that whenever the sandwich springs up, hog prices are almost always in a trough.

Here's more of his argument on why McDonald's behaves like a trader: "Fast food involves both hideously violent economies of scale and sad, sad end users who volunteer to be taken advantage of. What makes the McRib different from this everyday horror is that a) McDonald’s is huge to the point that it’s more useful to think of it as a company trading in commodities than it is to think of it as a chain of restaurants b) it is made of pork, which makes it a unique product in the QSR world and c) it is only available sometimes, but refuses to go away entirely."

11. Animal rights group sues McRib meat supplier over inhumane treatment of pigs.

Not everyone is ecstatic about the return of the McRib. Last November, the Humane Society of the United States filed a lawsuit against Smithfield Foods, the pork supplier of McDonald's McRib meat, claiming the meat distributor houses its pigs in unethical farm conditions.

A 2010 undercover investigation by the animal rights group shows pigs crammed into gestation crates covered in blood and baby pigs being tossed into carts like rag dolls (WARNING: the video contains some pretty graphic content).
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:47 pm

Never had one, never will.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Nope.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:31 am

Hell no...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:24 am

Coffee shop signs

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:09 am

The first one is pretty good.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:46 pm

If you ain't eating honeycrisp apples you're missing out. They cost a little more but damn, they are great apples. Got so excited about eating one yesterday I bit my tongue and bled

I've got 3 apple trees in my yard but fuck it - let the deer have them sour ass granny smith things, I know what an apple is supposed to taste like now.

I've been on a honeycrisp apple, farmers market tomato kick for the last month, well really I've been jonesing non stop for fresh tomato's as soon as they came in season. Have a farmer's market about 2 miles from here on Saturday and Wednesday afternoon and I load up.