Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:06 am

hedge wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:02 am I guess nobody in here needs to worry about this besides aTm and DS...

I'd have to dig into that before I'd believe it
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:12 am

Gas is a dollar higher than last year. No shit. Gas has nothing to do with administrations. It will come down again as more anti vax Republicans die off.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:17 am

"I'd have to dig into that before I'd believe it"

I did dig into your claim about PhD's being the most vaccine hesitant group, which is exactly why I don't believe it (b/c it's false)..
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:19 am

where is it disputed? I found sources for it that appeared reliable to me
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:23 am

Link?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:33 am

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... ds+vaccine

the WCNT link says "yes, the numbers are accurate but we think people lied in the survey" ::::::::eye rolling::::::::::::

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:38 am

eCat wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:49 am and the highest percentage of people not vaccinated are actually people with advanced degrees - who as you might want to believe, are not Trump supporters.
Bullshit
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:40 am

Even if it was true, I assume they are using percentage of respondents to rate "hesitancy," but how many PhD's are there in the US? About 3 million. That's less than 1% of the population. Even if 90% of PhD's were vaccine hesitant, that would be less of a problem than if, say, 4% of Trump voters were vaccine hesitant. But you know those percentages aren't even in the ballpark of reality...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:41 am

You're relying on a Greenville, NC news station's website? Holy Hell
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:44 am

hedge wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:40 am Even if it was true, I assume they are using percentage of respondents to rate "hesitancy," but how many PhD's are there in the US? About 3 million. That's less than 1% of the population. Even if 90% of PhD's were vaccine hesitant, that would be less of a problem than if, say, 4% of Trump voters were vaccine hesitant. But you know those percentages aren't even in the ballpark of reality...
I never claimed otherwise, I said highest percentage - still doesn't take away from the "fuck the vaccinated" sentiment being solely Trump supporters , not to mention the high % of African Americans.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:45 am

DooKSucks wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:41 am You're relying on a Greenville, NC news station's website? Holy Hell
you're right, I should ignore their story trying to clarify why the statement about PHD's being the most hesitant group is misleading

WebMD was my first source as to why.

the net result of this is there was a survey in May. The results of that survey in terms of numbers is not in dispute and multiple sites have referenced the survey and made statements on it.

The North Carolina station contacted the surveyors and they said that they have no way of knowing if the people claiming to have PHDs are being accurate in the survey.
so essentially if you don't believe it, then you have to conclude people lied either about their education or their vaccination status in a survey.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:55 am

This PhD percentage thing is like my whacko pseudo-christian buddy ranting on facebook about how vaccines don't work b/c the highest percentage of new cases in Iceland are amongst the vaccinated. Well no duh, the country is 80% fully vaccinated so there's a much larger pool of people that could possibly get infected. But the fact is, their 7 day average for new cases from Jan. 1 thru the middle of July was less than 10 per day. Then it spiked up to (gasp) around 100 for the first week or so of August (it's back down in the 40's now), and at any rate, Iceland has had a total of 33 deaths from covid since all this began. 33 total. And yet my whacko friend was insistent on claiming that the higher percentage of people getting covid in that first week or so of August was proof that vaccines don't work...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:57 am

80% is too high

and I think the PHD thing along with the African American stats no one wants to talk about it is not wacko when people are claiming those un-accinated Trump supporters should suffer for their ideology

no one is arguing there aren't a huge number of unvaccinated Trump supporters, but they aren't the only demographic that is vaccine hesitant and that goes well into Biden territory.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:57 am

"so essentially if you don't believe it, then you have to conclude people lied either about their education or their vaccination status in a survey."

Yeah, it's pretty hard to believe that some yokel on a landline who won't get the vaccine would claim to be a PhD. Yeah, right. I can hear them now: "I'm a gawddamn PhD too, motherfucker!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:00 am

hedge wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:57 am "so essentially if you don't believe it, then you have to conclude people lied either about their education or their vaccination status in a survey."

Yeah, it's pretty hard to believe that some yokel on a landline who won't get the vaccine would claim to be a PhD. Yeah, right. I can hear them now: "I'm a gawddamn PhD too, motherfucker!"
sure, its possible, but we can all dismiss the data as lying on everything we hear that we don't agree with. Welcome to being a Trump supporter.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:07 am

"and I think the PHD thing along with the African American stats no one wants to talk about it is not wacko when people are claiming those un-vaccinated Trump supporters should suffer for their ideology"

I don't think that anybody who doesn't get the vaccine should suffer, but I certainly won't feel sorry for them if they die of covid. Of course, they are prolonging the pandemic for everybody else, too, which is why percentages of comparatively tiny populations (like PhD's) is virtually meaningless when comparing them to a population the size of total Trump voters...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:09 am

"sure, its possible, but we can all dismiss the data as lying on everything we hear that we don't agree with."

I guess I would need to see the stats on the survey to determine how much weight I would give it, much less refer to it as "data". How many people surveyed, area covered, etc..

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:18 am

but that's that standard playbook

here is a stat

bullshit

here is the source

yea, but that source is bullshit

Trump supporter 101 - except now its not Trump supporters doing it.

ivermectin is a great example, of all the possible concoctions out there, people just didn't randomly lock in on ivermectin as a treatment. There is some scientific basis to believe it can be effective as a treatment.

And now your posting ivermectin causes sterility from twitter feeds.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:31 am

I have no idea of the statistics, but I feel pretty confident that the most extreme vaccination demographic difference is probably simply men vs women. (dsicounting the obvious, young vs old)
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:45 am

aTm wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:31 am I have no idea of the statistics, but I feel pretty confident that the most extreme vaccination demographic difference is probably simply men vs women. (discounting the obvious, young vs old)
agree with this
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.