aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by aTm » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:26 pm

[youtube]nCpEr09wtP4[/youtube]
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

T Dot O Dot
Senior

Post by T Dot O Dot » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:19 pm

jacoby jones.. wtf?
If no one comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:34 pm

That was bad. Really bad.

Hizzy III
Junior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by Hizzy III » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:47 pm

At least they're still in the game. Those two turnovers were awful, especially since there were two that we could've gotten but didn't.

PS: Arian Foster is gonna get paid like you ain't never seen next year.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Welp, having a rookie QB making only his seventh start was bound to finally catch up to you. Really bad fourth for TJ. Even with that, though, the Texans missed a ton of opportunities on offense.

Hope this team can stay healthy next year. Maybe better results.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Discount Double Check

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Woodson's defense has killed Green Bay today
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:10 pm

I'm glad I'm off tomorrow. I don't want hear the motherfuckers in my office tomorrow.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:10 am

The Niners are going to win it all.

Saint
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by Saint » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:11 am

well, maybe the Patriots

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:46 am

Hizzy III wrote:Welp, having a rookie QB making only his seventh start was bound to finally catch up to you. Really bad fourth for TJ. Even with that, though, the Texans missed a ton of opportunities on offense.

Hope this team can stay healthy next year. Maybe better results.
The Texans have to be the favorite next year in the AFC. This is the Ravens and Patriots last chance, Steelers have already declined, and Houston has a great defense.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:41 am

Well, I think they can be one of the top two or three contenders, at least. There are, however, a few issues that need to be addressed:

1) Get Arian Foster and Chris Myers (C) resigned.
2) Make a decision on Mario (probabaly franchise him)
3) Get a true #2 wideout
4) Keep working to fill out that #2 CB spot opposite Jonathan Joseph.
5) Get Matt Schaub healthy and on point. It'll be great to get him back but after not playing the final half of this season and then facing a long off-season, there's a chance that he comes back a little rusty.

The Jets still have the ability to do a couple of things to make them extremely tough again. Parting with Schottenheimer is probably a good step, but they also need to address a couple of spots on the OL.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:12 pm

I had a dream last night where I had an incredible urge to jab an ice pick repeatedly into this dude's head and neck, and then to my horror, I couln't stop myself and I made the guy's face look like hamburger meat. I then realized it was Jacoby Jones and woke up with a smile on my face.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:00 pm

The Texans have to be the favorite next year in the AFC. This is the Ravens and Patriots last chance, Steelers have already declined, and Houston has a great defense.
10-6 next year. They have to play New England, the Jets, Detroit and Chicago on the road next year while they play Green Bay and Baltimore at home. (AFC East plus NFC North plus Denver and Baltimore basically).

Pretty much agree with Hizzy.
Priorities:
1) Get new deal for Arian
2) Chris Myers
3) Draft a WR with their first pick (about 25th)
4) Decide on Mario
5) long term deal for Andre
My Dad is my hero still.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Owlman wrote:
10-6 next year. They have to play New England, the Jets, Detroit and Chicago on the road next year while they play Green Bay and Baltimore at home. (AFC East plus NFC North plus Denver and Baltimore basically).

Pretty much agree with Hizzy.
Priorities:
1) Get new deal for Arian
2) Chris Myers
3) Draft a WR with their first pick (about 25th)
4) Decide on Mario
5) long term deal for Andre
If the Sanchez/Ryan combo are in play for the Jets, they'll be mediocre again next year. That game is a win whether you have Schaub or not. I also think Baltimore at home is a win for you guys. Chicago is a push dpending what ime of year you play up there.

12-4 at worst.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:15 pm

aTm wrote:I had a dream last night where I had an incredible urge to jab an ice pick repeatedly into this dude's head and neck, and then to my horror, I couln't stop myself and I made the guy's face look like hamburger meat. I then realized it was Jacoby Jones and woke up with a smile on my face.
Classic timing considering todays holiday.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Watched Elway in his end of season presser. He gets it.

AugustWest
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina State

Post by AugustWest » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:28 pm

the Texans need a QB. Schaub is good but fragile, Leinart and Yates both suck. not gonna happen but Rivers to Houston would be epic.
U*NC is the cleanest most honest athletic program on the planet. I am jealous of their deserved success, and I'm a mewling cunt.

Fifer
Junior

Post by Fifer » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Gunner Kiel to ND. Reports are saying already enrolled. Things are looking up for the Irish.

http://blog.pennlive.com/pasports/2012/ ... l_hea.html

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:15 pm

anyone catch wind of this?

About 3 hours before the game T-Bob Hebert, Russell Shepard, 2 other receivers and a hand full of linemen got into a heated argument with Les Miles and the Offensive Coordinator about Lee getting more playing time and possibly starting the BCS Championship game. It got so heated that Miles benched T-Bob, RS, and 3 other players. He called Lee into his office and told Lee that he would not be playing in the game. The Offensive CO told Miles that he thought that Lee gave the team the best chance to win the game. Miles told the OC to start looking for a new job after the game and Miles will be calling the plays for the championship game. Apparently the O Line sided with T-Bob and Lee. They did not give their all in the game to prove to Miles that the players are more important than the coach. Now I know that this is hard to believe but when you look at some things it kind of explains a few things: I will list some:

Playcalling: Read option pass on 3rd and 10 – 4 times. Running the same 5 plays over 90% of the game. Overall, Horrible play calling. Running the ball in the 4th quarter with 9 mins and down by 21. T-Bob Hebert not taking a snap in the game. RS only playing 3 snaps and not touching the ball or getting looked at. Lee getting off the bus and walking 10 feet behind the team with his head down and looking dejected while walking into the Dome. Heated argument between receivers and JJ and O Line with O line coach on sidelines. And the kicker, reports that 2/3 rds. of the plays that were practiced up to the game were not run and the players were not told why. Again I do not know if this is entirely true but there seems to be a lot of truth in it just by seeing what happened in the game.

The LSU team did not arrive at the dome until shortly after 6:00 PM. It seems that T-Bob Hebert & Russell Shepherd met with Les & told him that they were not happy with Jefferson’s preparation & attitude leading up to the game. He was purportedly at Harrah’s a couple of nights & drinking heavily. Most of the receiving corp has been on Miles to play Lee & throw more. Well Les evidently took the criticism the wrong way & all [bleep] broke loose at a team meeting. Hebert & Shepherd never got in the game. The offense was pissed. Jefferson lost the heart & soul of many of his teammates. Les was stubborn. Something evidently happened earlier between Miles & Lee & possibly Lee’s father after he was benched and Miles essentially dismissed him from the team for all practical purposes. Now not only is Claiborne leaving for the draft but so is Randle, Brockers & Shepherd (who may have no other choice but to leave LSU). Kadrone Boone ( a promising young receiver) has indicated that he will transfer from LSU. This is one of the worst internal problems that I have ever seen at LSU. This is not a black & white issue. It is an issue of team leadership (or lack of) & a coach that won’t listen to tenured upperclassmen.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.