The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by innocentbystander » Sat May 22, 2021 12:24 pm

hedge wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:12 am I wish you were privatized...
The only people who are happy about Jeffrey Epstein being dead, are the people who Epstein was blackmailing. These are the people who were fucking the girls on his Boeing 727 (Lolita Express) or on Little St James (Pedophile Island.) Don't minimize this. He's dead and all that evidence in his brain that implicated all the power brokers of the world, can't be extracted.

He's dead because these two unqualified public servants (who probably got their government jobs through affirmative action policies and patronage) did not do their jobs. And for the record hedge, I am privatized.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Sat May 22, 2021 7:01 pm

Wow, that's really having friends in high places when you get a job as a prison hack thru "patronage." I'm pretty sure anybody in the trailer park is qualified for that job..
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat May 22, 2021 7:03 pm

"Don't minimize this."

It's hard to minimize something that I literally don't give a fuck about to start with....

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat May 22, 2021 11:53 pm

I like when he says "probably"

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun May 23, 2021 1:52 am

hedge wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:03 pm "Don't minimize this."

It's hard to minimize something that I literally don't give a fuck about to start with....
Well, the Epstein saga is the single biggest sex trafficking ring in US history. What happened in Palm Beach may be routine behavior among peasants in the 3rd world, but we have zero tolerance for those shenanigans here. That you don't care is discouraging but also unsurprising.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun May 23, 2021 1:54 am

hedge wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:01 pm Wow, that's really having friends in high places when you get a job as a prison hack thru "patronage." I'm pretty sure anybody in the trailer park is qualified for that job..
Well, these two trailer park hacks most certainly weren't qualified for their jobs, that much is evident.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun May 23, 2021 5:51 am

"Well, the Epstein saga is the single biggest sex trafficking ring in US history."

Nobody cares...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun May 23, 2021 9:32 am

And......surprisingly.....it's not.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Sun May 23, 2021 3:26 pm

hedge wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:51 am "Well, the Epstein saga is the single biggest sex trafficking ring in US history."

Nobody cares...
There are two reasons for that.

#1) Nobody cares about sex trafficking in the United States because it doesn't impact them personally until it is their own daughters who are fucking. Then (all of a sudden) there is all this outrage because no one cared BEFORE until it happened to YOUR daughter (or grand-daughter.) And really all she was doing was selling her pooty so she could get cash for meth or crack. And that is what the real problem is, the problem that you as a father (or grand-father) failed to fix the moment the problem was created.

#2) Politics. Politics says that republicans need to care but their own kids (and voters, and elected leaders) generally steer clear of this shit (Matt Gaetz notwithstanding.) Politics also says that democrats are not permitted to care. Why? Because if they start to care, then they start to dig into this netherworld a bit. And they don't like what they find because sex trafficking creates a political conflict of interest for the DNC. I am not going to get into the details here hedge unless you (or any of you) ask me to do so. But sex trafficking is entirely political (in the United States at least.)

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun May 23, 2021 9:16 pm

The reason no one cares has nothing to do with anything you wrote. I know this, I am sure of this, even though I didn't read a single word of what you wrote...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 24, 2021 1:19 am

hedge wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:16 pm The reason no one cares has nothing to do with anything you wrote. I know this, I am sure of this, even though I didn't read a single word of what you wrote...
fortunately, you are not the only one who reads this board

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 24, 2021 10:17 am

N.C. Is the Country’s Most Gerrymandered State

https://chapelboro.com/town-square/prin ... ered-state

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon May 24, 2021 12:54 pm

I look at that map and don't see anything outrageous. I mean nothing like the old Mel Watt district.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 24, 2021 1:02 pm

They seem to do that after every election here too.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue May 25, 2021 9:00 am

A hundred and twelve years ago, in 1907...our great grandparents were first able to buy the rifle pictured. The semi-auto Winchester Model 1907.

This is a gun they could buy from a Sears catalogue and have delivered via US Post. It was/ is a semi-automatic, high powered centerfire rifle, with detachable, high capacity magazine. About 400,000 semi-automatic rifles were produced before WW2. Civilians had hundreds of thousands of these for 40 years, while US soldiers were still being issued old fashioned bolt action rifles.

The 1907 fired just as fast as an AR15 or AK47 and the bullet (.351 Winchester) was actually larger than those fired by the more modern looking weapons..
The only functional difference between the 1907 and a controversial and much feared AR15 is the modern black plastic stock.
The semi auto, so-called "assault rifle" is 110 years old. It isnt new in any way.
The semi auto rifle was not a weapon of war. The government MADE IT a weapon of war 40 years after civilians had them.

The semi-auto can be safely owned by civilians. The proof is that literally 3 generations of adults owned and used them responsibly and no one ever even noticed.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue May 25, 2021 7:33 pm

Rand Paul may be the biggest pussy to ever served in congress...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... chard-marx

After Rand Paul received a suspicious package containing white powder at his home on Monday, the Kentucky Republican senator pointed the finger at an improbable alleged instigator: the 1980s pop star Richard Marx.

“As a repeated target of violence, it is reprehensible that Twitter allows C-list celebrities to encourage violence against me and my family,” Paul said in a statement.

“Just this weekend Richard Marx called for violence against me and now we receive this powder-filled letter.”

After Paul said on Sunday he would not get vaccinated against Covid-19, Marx tweeted that if he ever met the senator’s erstwhile neighbor, who broke Paul’s ribs during a property dispute in 2017, he would “hug him and buy him as many drinks as he can consume”.

Rene Boucher pleaded guilty to assaulting a member of Congress after tackling Paul, allegedly in a squabble over landscaping.

In an outlandish turn of events, Paul linked Marx’s dismissive social media barb to the potentially dangerous package, which according to Fox News contained an image of the senator in a neck brace, wearing a cast, using a crutch and with a gun to his head.

At the bottom of the picture was the caption: “I’ll finish what your neighbor started, you *************.”

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue May 25, 2021 10:11 pm

I doubt his actual purpose is to go after Marx, its to go after twitter and the inconsistent application of their rules

I believe at some point in the near future congress is going to set regulations for social media.

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed May 26, 2021 12:12 am

eCat wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:11 pm I believe at some point in the near future congress is going to set regulations for social media.
Granted, with the rightwing ideologues driving the bus, anything is possible, but constitutional jurisprudence is clear: absent narrowly tailored exceptions needed to serve a compelling government interest via the least intrusive/restrictive means possible, the government cannot regulate private speech, much less apply First Amendment protections to private entities.

Conservatives unwittingly helped bring this about via abolition of the fairness doctrine. The irony is palpable and delightful...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed May 26, 2021 6:05 am

the fairness doctrine wouldn't apply to equal viewpoints on violence

what would apply is the caveat that free speech has limits - the "you can't yell fire in a crowded theater" mentality.

If you have a platform that can incite violence and its been proven, then the government has an obligation to step in , in the interest of its citizens.

There was no shortage of people looking the other way when politicians and talking heads were crying to shut down Parlor because people used it as a means of communication to organize potentially violent protests.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed May 26, 2021 8:29 am

"If you have a platform that can incite violence and its been proven, then the government has an obligation to step in , in the interest of its citizens."

You mean like how Trump used the platform of the presidency to incite violence? Interesting...