Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 2:57 pm

That's pretty much in line with the nation as a whole in terms of increase in voter turnout. 5.4% increase in overall voter turnout b/w the 2016 and 2020 elections. The only real surprise would've been if voter turnout had been down or significantly less than 5.4% in Arizona in 2020. So your whole thesis (or whatever you want to call it) that a 6% increase in turnout somehow proves there was election fraud is total bullshit...

https://www.census.gov/library/stories/ ... ction.html
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 17, 2021 3:12 pm

hedge wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:51 pm "Trump won my state. He was cheated. You can see the math. You know I'm right about this. You are not stupid."

So an election involving the most polarizing political figure in American history results in a 6% bump in overall turnout and that somehow proves there was election fraud? I guess you really are that stupid...
The most polarizing political figure in American history was also the greatest President in American history, Abraham Lincoln. He was so polarizing that 11 states seceded from the union upon his election. What is even more polarizing is that one of those states broke into TWO states as a result of said polarization (a polarization so severe, our nation went to war with itself.)

I can't speak for North Carolina, but let me assure you hedge, Trump is loved in Arizona. My neighbors are still flying Trump flags in their yards. Do I believe that its possible that more people voted for Biden than voted for HRC in 2016? Sure. Is it 500,000 votes more? No. No it isn't. And I think deep down, you'd probably agree with me.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 3:27 pm

I don't agree at all and in fact if I do find myself ever agreeing with anything you say (which hasn't happened yet), I'll be shocked...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 3:31 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 3:32 pm

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon May 17, 2021 3:42 pm

hedge wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:51 pm "Trump won my state. He was cheated. You can see the math. You know I'm right about this. You are not stupid."

So an election involving the most polarizing political figure in American history results in a 6% bump in overall turnout and that somehow proves there was election fraud? I guess you really are that stupid...
Maricopa County went from 50.1% turnout in 2016 to 63.0% turnout in 2020, which appears to actually be the largest increase in any major metropolitan county in the country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... n-n1249620
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon May 17, 2021 3:45 pm

Los Angeles County might be close in terms of percentage basis over previous turnout, but Trump actually did slightly better in LA County in 2020 than in 2016.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 17, 2021 3:46 pm

hedge wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:27 pm I don't agree at all and in fact if I do find myself ever agreeing with anything you say (which hasn't happened yet), I'll be shocked...
Not at all huh? You don't agree that Abe Lincoln was the most polarizing figure in US political history? Not even that part?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 17, 2021 4:25 pm

aTm wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Maricopa County went from 50.1% turnout in 2016 to 63.0% turnout in 2020, which appears to actually be the largest increase in any major metropolitan county in the country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... n-n1249620
Yeah but as hedge would say, there is nothing to see here. Anyone who thinks this is voter fraud, they must be an idiot.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 5:34 pm

aTm wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:45 pm Los Angeles County might be close in terms of percentage basis over previous turnout, but Trump actually did slightly better in LA County in 2020 than in 2016.
So you're saying there were two large counties in the US that had significantly higher turnout in 2020 than in 2016, and in one of those counties Trump did better than he did in 2016 and in the other one he did worse. That proves fraud!! Or something...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 5:36 pm

"Yeah but as hedge would say, there is nothing to see here. Anyone who thinks this is voter fraud, they must be an idiot."

See my last post, fool...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 17, 2021 5:37 pm

hedge wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:34 pm
aTm wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:45 pm Los Angeles County might be close in terms of percentage basis over previous turnout, but Trump actually did slightly better in LA County in 2020 than in 2016.
So you're saying there were two large counties in the US that had significantly higher turnout in 2020 than in 2016, and in one of those counties Trump did better than he did in 2016 and in the other one he did worse. That proves fraud!! Or something...
Well it proves one thing hedge, that you are too proud to quote me when you know that I tripped you up. You only quote people when you think you've won the argument. :)

For the record, I never said that Arizona is the only place that had voter fraud. That might have occurred in LA as well. See how that works?

Still think Trump is the most polarizing President? Huh? Or maybe you regret that comment?

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Mon May 17, 2021 5:41 pm

I'm not trying to prove fraud, and yes Biden won the votes that were counted (and more importantly his electors were seated and voted for him in the electoral college, which is over). If anybody were trying to prove fraud, or prove there was no fraud even, then they should probably have a forensic audit of their results and more importantly their procedures. I think its more likely we'll just pretend this problem doesnt exist like we have for 30 years (back when #TeamBlue were typically the ones you'd hear whining about evil Diebold and their voting machines, err excuse me I think somebody else owns them now...checks notes...uh Dominion Voting Systems.) all because the political team that wins doesn't want to see how the sausage gets made because they won, and that will always be the case.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon May 17, 2021 5:50 pm

aTm wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:41 pm
I'm not trying to prove fraud, and yes Biden won the votes that were counted (and more importantly his electors were seated and voted for him in the electoral college, which is over). If anybody were trying to prove fraud, or prove there was no fraud even, then they should probably have a forensic audit of their results and more importantly their procedures. I think its more likely we'll just pretend this problem doesnt exist like we have for 30 years (back when #TeamBlue were typically the ones you'd hear whining about evil Diebold and their voting machines, err excuse me I think somebody else owns them now...checks notes...uh Dominion Voting Systems.) all because the political team that wins doesn't want to see how the sausage gets made because they won, and that will always be the case.
I was upset when Mitt Romney lost. He would have made an excellent President. I didn't give a damn when John McCain lost (and he was my Senator.) But I never questioned the results (not for a second.) POTUS Obama won fair and square. And I never believed that POTUS Obama was born in Kenya. Never. Everything there was (to me) fair and square.

I do question the 2020 election. I believe there was voter fraud the way everyone on this board believes that Jeffrey Epstein was murdered.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon May 17, 2021 7:40 pm

Friggin Stacy Abrams and Abraham Lincoln. They're responsible dammit.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 8:47 pm

"Still think Trump is the most polarizing President? Huh? Or maybe you regret that comment?"

No I don't regret it and yes Trump was more polarizing the Lincoln. Sorry that what you thought was a clever insight is just more of your usual bullshit...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 8:50 pm

"I was upset when Mitt Romney lost. He would have made an excellent President. I didn't give a damn when John McCain lost (and he was my Senator.) But I never questioned the results (not for a second.) POTUS Obama won fair and square. And I never believed that POTUS Obama was born in Kenya. Never. Everything there was (to me) fair and square.

I do question the 2020 election. I believe there was voter fraud the way everyone on this board believes that Jeffrey Epstein was murdered."

Nobody gives a fuck what you think, except insofar as it prompts them to adjust their own opinions to align exactly opposite of whatever you think...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 pm

nm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 pm

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon May 17, 2021 9:05 pm

"Starting at the bottom of page 7, Maricopa County goes into detail of how the people doing this audit don't even understand the basics of how ballots are tabulated "

Wait, I thought audits were "binary"...