Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:37 am

Bring those troops home Uncle Joe! Get er done!

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:54 am

hedge wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:38 pm IB, have you ever known anyone who lost their job to an illegal immigrant?
my answer would be every unemployed African American between the ages of 16 and 32

I'm white and middle class, its unlikely I know anyone that is going to lose a job to an illegal alien, but many of those jobs now held by illegals in meat packing plants, factories , warehouses, etc could be a ticket out of poverty (and the inner city) for an African American. Jobs like that should be the foundation for starting the American dream and ending generational poverty, yet as a nation we happily allow illegal aliens to have them at pauper wages

and they still vote Democratic because the GOP are the ones that don't care about them.

to be fair though, the GOP before Trump didn't fight immigration either. a plentiful supply of cheap labor is as important to the GOP an ever expanding block of dedicated votes are to the Democrats.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:48 am

eCat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:54 am
hedge wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:38 pm IB, have you ever known anyone who lost their job to an illegal immigrant?
my answer would be every unemployed African American between the ages of 16 and 32

I'm white and middle class, its unlikely I know anyone that is going to lose a job to an illegal alien, but many of those jobs now held by illegals in meat packing plants, factories , warehouses, etc could be a ticket out of poverty (and the inner city) for an African American. Jobs like that should be the foundation for starting the American dream and ending generational poverty, yet as a nation we happily allow illegal aliens to have them at pauper wages
Correct.

I worked in a warehouse for 5+ years. I worked as a 3rd shift picker and loader and went 1st shift to receive and fill. Those paychecks paid (entirely) for my university education. The years I worked, my friends who were in college couldn't do even a fraction of the things that I did with my time off. I graduated college with $10,000 in my bank account and no student loan debt. As a result, I have never been poor in my life.

I can't imagine how different my life would be if the warehouse job paid pauper wages (the way it likely does now) because of illegal immigration. So yes, this is a very personal issue to me.
eCat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:54 am and they still vote Democratic because the GOP are the ones that don't care about them.
You are right about that.

The wealthy, white, feminist girls, who were raised with everything they want, they are the ones who vote democrat because being anti-abortion is a non-starter for them. They have had every choice they could possibly ever want, giving up that choice is unthinkable to them. Its not generally the minorities that vote democrat doing so because of 'choice.' The minorities rarely had any choices.

Much like Hispanics, Africans Americans (the ones that actually vote) are generally MORE anti-abortion than their white and Asian counterparts. They are also more sensitive to crime and illegal immigration. When the rioters riot in Minneapolis, it will not be the wealthier white and Asian neighborhood in Bloomington and other suburbs that feel the wrath from a not-guilty vote. But they vote democrat line simply because they see the GOP as the party of the rich. It isn't. That is not the way to look at the Republican party but that is how they are raised. And they are not the only ones who feel that way.

eCat my first ex-fiancée was a French-Canadian girl with dual US citizenship. She was born here and raised up there. I met her years after she returned to this country. She lived with her mom and she was a poor as dirt. She knew I was conservative and voted Republican and she very much loved me and we were thinking about getting married. I'll never forget what I heard her casually tell me in bed: "I'm too poor to vote Republican." She was all gigglly and smiling when she said that. That made no sense to me then, makes even less sense to me now, but was only 22 and I had no idea that there were people who believed that.
eCat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:54 amto be fair though, the GOP before Trump didn't fight immigration either. a plentiful supply of cheap labor is as important to the GOP an ever expanding block of dedicated votes are to the Democrats.
You are right about that. Trump changed the whole GOP platform (for the better.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:10 am

I'm betting there are many more ex fiancee's

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:23 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:10 am I'm betting there are many more ex fiancee's
They're hanging out with Manti Te'o's college girlfriend...
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:31 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:10 am I'm betting there are many more ex fiancee's
Just one more.

Usually men are highly investigative of girlfriends before they "upgrade" the girlfriend to fiancee. I went the other direction. I upgraded the girlfriend 3 times and spent that engagement being highly investigative before signing on the dotted line and "upgrading" to wife. Only one made that "upgrade." That worked out well for me but might not work out well for other men.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:50 am

back to my regularly scheduled gun rant.

how successful do Democrats think they will be in banning the most popular gun sold in the United States. The AR is the most popular gun sold by far.

Now you could say Semi-Auto handguns, but that would include various calibers. The the most part, ARs are just .223 caliber so, I believe if you focused on a single caliber gun, regardless of style, the AR is the most popular gun sold.

And Democrats want to ban it.

good luck with that.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:58 am

eCat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:50 am back to my regularly scheduled gun rant.

how successful do Democrats think they will be in banning the most popular gun sold in the United States. The AR is the most popular gun sold by far.

Now you could say Semi-Auto handguns, but that would include various calibers. The the most part, ARs are just .223 caliber so, I believe if you focused on a single caliber gun, regardless of style, the AR is the most popular gun sold.

And Democrats want to ban it.

good luck with that.

Sam Seaborne wrote:Its not about freedom or liberty. Its just that some people like guns.
Ainsley Hayes wrote:Yes they do. But you know what is more insidious than that? Your gun control position doesn't have anything to do with public safety and its certainly not about personal freedom. Its about you don't like people who DO like guns. You don't like the people. Think about that the next time you make a joke about the South.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:14 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:31 am
Just one more.

Usually men are highly investigative of girlfriends before they "upgrade" the girlfriend to fiancee. I went the other direction. I upgraded the girlfriend 3 times and spent that engagement being highly investigative before signing on the dotted line and "upgrading" to wife. Only one made that "upgrade." That worked out well for me but might not work out well for other men.
I've been reading your posts using the voice of Ducky from NCIS. "Ya know Jethro...."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:16 pm

Sweet. Captions!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:16 pm Sweet. Captions!
Thank Aaron Sorkin.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:24 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:14 pm
innocentbystander wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:31 am
Just one more.

I've been reading your posts using the voice of Ducky from NCIS. "Ya know Jethro...."
Well, you were correct that there was more than one ex-fiancee. I wanted to give you credit for your mad investigative skillz.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:27 pm

Thanks Ducky. It's so much better this way.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:32 pm

hedge wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:54 pm "Hedge, if I remember correctly, you ARE a lawyer"

Not quite. I am a felon, though, who got popped with a federal charge for precisely this "crossing state lines" language which constitutes a federal crime. I agree that a consenting 17 year old female shouldn't be considered "sex trafficking," but if that's the law, and he did it, tough shit. I didn't think what I did should be a crime either, but guess what, I went to prison. If it's good enough for me, it's good enough for Gaetz...
Speaking of felons, Bernie Madoff passed away in prison today.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:12 pm

Sen Tom Cotton wrote:I asked a couple dozen of them why they made the journey now? Where they came from? How long they've been there? Not a single one made a comment about asylum, persecution based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, political views, or anything else. The most common answers were Joe Biden, I can get in now, and I want a job.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:51 pm

I hear CNN gets their best ratings down there.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:56 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:51 pm I hear CNN gets their best ratings down there.
On the border? Yes. That is because the people of the country care about the border even if the democrat party wishes that they wouldn't.

So the ratings are going to spike if they film anything on the border. CNN just wishes it would be that way for everything.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:52 pm

CNN = Evil Truth Tellers.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:48 pm

It is looking real bad for the prosecution.

Defense attorney has basically made an unassailable argument here: George Floyd may have died with all the drugs OR he may have been killed in the struggle but (likely) killed because the officers who were arresting him, they couldn't save him or help him because the lunatics that surrounded them did not allow the officers to save George Floyd. That is why each of the prosecution's witnesses that testified, their entire INTENT on being there came under scrutiny in cross examination. Oh you are an EMT you say? Really? We have you here heckling and cursing the police officers, why weren't you sane and professional? Why not just walk over and calmly identify who you are, what you can do, and ask if you could help? That didn't happen with any of these people.

When you see the police making an arrest do NOT do this:

So what is the media doing since they are hellbent on getting Chauvin convicted? Here is what they are doing:

Oh, the big pansies! So, a few teenagers yelled at the officers. Show me just ONE example of disaffected urban youth going from agitation to brawling!

I tend to agree with rat, that he may have been murdered. But the guilty party here, I think it might be the bystanders who were anything but innocent. They were screaming, harassing and assaulting the cops.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:46 pm

Oh please. How the fuck is an off duty emt yelling at the cops that they're fucking killing the dude hostile? Did any of them at least think hmmm, we should probably check anyway? Or did their egos and adrenaline get the best of them. Especially him?