Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:38 am

good on ya
-----------------------------

An NAIA school in Virginia forfeited its men's basketball game Thursday after suspending players for kneeling during the national anthem before several games in January and February.

In a statement Thursday, Bluefield College president David Olive said that after players knelt before multiple games in January and February, even after he'd told them to stop, he decided to suspend all athletes involved, which resulted in a forfeit of the NAIA Division II Appalachian Athletic Conference game against Reinhardt.

"The basis for my decision stemmed from my own awareness of how kneeling is perceived by some in our country, and I did not think a number of our alumni, friends, and donors of the College would view the act of kneeling during the anthem in a positive way," Olive said.

In the statement, Olive, who is white, recounted an ongoing discussion with coaches, players and the school's athletic director, Tonia Walker, who is Black, over kneeling during the anthem, but suspensions were handed down only after media reports surfaced last week.

Olive said he became aware on Feb. 1 that players had knelt during the anthem for the previous home game and later learned that the same had occurred in two prior road games. At that point, he informed coach Richard Morgan that kneeling during the anthem would not be tolerated.

This stands in direct contrast with what the basketball team was told before the season, according to Bluefield football player Jewels Gray, who is close with many members of the basketball team and has discussed the suspensions with players. Gray said the basketball players were told they were not allowed to release a statement of their own or speak to the media.
Editor's Picks

"Why would our school contradict what they said?" Gray said. "We had meetings before the season with [the athletic director] and the president, and they stated that we can kneel and they'd support and be behind us, 100 percent."

Players again knelt during the anthem before their Feb. 2 game, ignoring the order. For the following game, on Feb. 4, Morgan kept the team in the locker room during the anthem to avoid further controversy.

Olive said he reached out to Morgan and members of the team to discuss the protests, saying that he understood their message and supported calls for racial justice -- but he did not condone doing so during the national anthem.

"I further told them that their intended message in bringing awareness of racial injustices was being diluted or completely lost because some saw their act of kneeling as being disrespectful to the flag, our country, and to our veterans," Olive said in the statement. "In my opinion, their message was not being heard."

----------------
I'm sure someone will tell me how Bluefield is a shit college with a history of racism, blah, blah, blah
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:48 am

btw, Jeep pulled the Springsteen commercial

supposedly it was for the revelation he got a DWI back in November

believe what you want
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:50 am

Ridiculous. Both.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:16 am

"I'm sure someone will tell me how Bluefield is a shit college with a history of racism, blah, blah, blah"

Maybe, maybe not. But if the president and athletic director told them before the season that they could kneel and that they'd be supported in that decision and now are suspending them, then they are definitely liars and cowards...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:06 pm

hiding deaths from federal prosecution

and what kind of scum is Trump and the GOP again?
---------------------------------------------------------

A secretary to New York state Governor Andrew Cuomo, Melissa DeRosa, appeared to confirm in a private call to Democratic lawmakers that the New York state administration had concealed data regarding the coronavirus death toll in nursing homes in the state, according to a record obtained by The New York Post.

In an audio tape of what is said to be two-hour-plus meeting with fellow Democrats, DeRosa said that the state administration did not disclose the actual numbers for fear that the data would be "used against us" by federal prosecutors.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:06 pm

Love the Republicans playing the I know you are but what am I angle.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:24 pm

"hiding deaths from federal prosecution

and what kind of scum is Trump and the GOP again?"

Even if that happened and was 10 times worse than what it appears doesn't mean Trump isn't scum. He's always been scum and he always will be...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:44 am

eCat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:17 pm which is what Cheney and Romney are counting on. They are contrarians representing the last gasp of RINO.
Those folks and their families were Republicans long before you folks. The RINO term is laughable in light of that.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:29 am

DooKSucks wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:44 am
eCat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:17 pm which is what Cheney and Romney are counting on. They are contrarians representing the last gasp of RINO.
Those folks and their families were Republicans long before you folks. The RINO term is laughable in light of that.
I don't see how that is relevant, Cheney is famous for saying "deficits don't matter" in defending Wolfowitz's domino theory of the middle east and decades of planned war. I don't think anyone believes his daughter fell far from the tree. Romney implemented the blueprint for Obamacare in Mass

poster child for RINO behavior

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:53 am

Almost done with your bunker?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:05 am

"I don't see how that is relevant"

It's relevant b/c those so-called RINO's are the people who built the republican party, your cherry picking of a few instances where they ventured outside of republican orthodoxy notwithstanding. Ronald Reagan would be considered a RINO by today's republican party standards. But the fact is, all these newbie Trumpsters and tea partiers and whatever other iteration of aggrieved, not very well-educated and mostly white males who call themselves republicans, you guys are the real RINO's. But as an ironic benefit, your main (only) accomplishment has been the destruction of the real republican party. So thanks for that. I guess...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:29 am

That’s a pretty elitist viewpoint. Politics should be led by established political families. Ds got rid of Clinton’s and Kennedys. Why do Rs have to cling to theirs?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:49 am

D's got rid of Kennedys?

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:01 pm

sardis wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:29 am
That’s a pretty elitist viewpoint. Politics should be led by established political families. Ds got rid of Clinton’s and Kennedys. Why do Rs have to cling to theirs?
No. It shows that their viewpoints are the traditional GOP views, but these “new” people who label the traditional GOP types as “RINO’s” lack the ability to understand what the GOP’s traditional positions are. Those who use the term of and labor others as “RINO” are usually fickle populists and/or “Johnny Come Lately’s”.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:37 pm

Reagan killed America

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:51 pm

there is very little traditional GOP in Romney and Cheney fiscally or with the ideology of limited government.

JFC, Cheney was instrumental in implementing the Patriot Act and lead the charge for redefining what torture meant.

Regardless of what you think of the GOP, that wasnt their platform before them.

Nixon ran on a campaign of getting us out of Vietnam as Kennedy and Johnson escalated it, not to mention the Cuban missile crisis.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:55 pm

Nixon. Heh.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:32 am

when bureaucrats run your health care

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/10/us/h ... ccine.html

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:17 am

This won’t stay for long on Twitter, but a different kind of mic drop at the end by Trump’s attorney.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:09 am

van der Veen was kinda reminding me of Robert Loggia yesterday, esp. when his face was scrunched up in fake rage, as it was for long swaths of his time at the mic yesterday...