Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:00 am

Well yes, in that regard, but there are plenty that don't that were just as wrong...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:01 am

FWIW, the Fox polls were just as wrong...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:04 am

hedge wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:35 am I guess it's left up to each individual state as to how they do it, but if some states can get their early and mail-in votes tallied up before the election day vote (and why shouldn't they be able to do that?), then they all should. Why the hell does Pennsylvania have to wait until the next day to even start counting the votes that have been coming in for weeks already? Too much drama in a process that should seek to alleviate drama. That kind of drama, anyway...
I don't know the reason but my guess is if they tabulated the votes before election day, word would leak out about who was winning and it could potentially alter voter turnout.

I think that's why they refused to call Florida with 99% of the vote in and no way Biden could win, because the polls hadn't closed on the West Coast.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:05 am

hedge wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:01 am FWIW, the Fox polls were just as wrong...
Fox News is just as bad as any of them
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:09 am

I don't think anyone can blame Trump for questioning the motives at this point of democrats counting votes.

The man has had to deal with Democrats and his own party trying to undermine him since the day he announced he was running.

We now know that Hillary's campaign paid to have the Steele Dossier fabricated to provide cover for her mail hacking, we had 2 years of the Mueller investigation witch hunt that ended up providing nothing, and we get an impeachment of the president trying to find dirt on Biden, which now turns out to actually have some substance to it.

Couple that with the FBI either going after Trump knowing there was nothing there, or looking the other way when he accuses Democrats of corruption and the man has a right to be paranoid about Democrats and election results.

We can talk about the fabric of Democracy and voting is the foundation of it, but we know that both parties would stop at nothing to get their person in office. We also know that we take the media's word for who wins an election on election night because the votes are never completly tallied nor is the electoral college votes cast, and there is no argument the media (especially after their polling reporting) is in the tank for Biden. So why would Trump trust them to declare him the winner? You better believe if that situation was reversed they would be declaring Biden the presumptive president before 2AM

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:11 am

I found another map face. Western border of Montana looks like a large-foreheaded person looking down on Idaho. Damn, snob...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:28 am

Trump just declared victory, says the dems are perpetrating a fraud, says he's going to Supreme Court to stop the count...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:29 am

Actually that was probably an hour or so ago, I haven't caught up on my recorded feed yet...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:57 am

This one is kind of a reach, but western border of Idaho kinda looks like a face (not snobbish like Montany, though, and with a forehead like that, I can see why not)...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:06 am

Every marijuana initiative passed. Recreational use legalized in New Jersey, Arizona, Montana and South Dakota (SD passed medical and recreational at the same time). Mississippi approves of medical use. So that's 38 states that allow medical use and 14 that allow recreational use. Wonder when the feds are going to get in on the game?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:03 am

Looking at a couple of exit polls, one shows Biden won 87% of the black vote, the other shows 89%. One showing Biden with 66% of the latino vote, the other with only 52%. He certainly didn't show well with the latinos in south Florida...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:07 am

Latinos are conservative by nature, heavily catholic and still haven't forgiven Obama for trying to normalize relations with Cuba.

Its really amazing that so many of them are democratic to begin with.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:46 am

I'm not sure how much American latinos with Mexican or central and south American heritage care about Cuba, but I'll grant you that many south Florida latinos do...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:11 am

Also, conservative by nature??

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:42 am

yea, culturally they are conservative

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:56 am

So what happened? Did everybody just stop counting votes? I guess we’ve moved on from the era of recounts into a new utopia where the original count can’t even be determined in elections. Yay.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:17 am

at this point my assumption is when PA and GA declared they were going to stop counting votes until later today with Trump in the lead, Trump lost the election.

Its going to be ugly and they should not have had a process where this happens, especially where only Liberal strongholds hold out to process their votes

talk about foreshadowing

"Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances because I think this is going to drag out and, eventually, I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side," Clinton said

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:33 am

I’m just happy that everybody can feel good about having made a difference and voted. Yay America! We can bask in the glory of this next few weeks.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:09 am

The markets are at ease because the Senate stayed R. Wall Street got the best of both worlds, they will have more access to China and still get to keep their Trump tax breaks.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:14 am

Finding more ballots in the mail, will likely move some of these by a point maybe, but the polls were off by like 3-8 points toward Biden in every swing state except Arizona