Re: Tennessee Volunteers

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:31 am

DOOLEY !!!!

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:55 am

Not much doubt about us having our own Mike Shula anymore. Except CDD has a buyout that Shula would've killed for.

We are Buyout U.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Gter.mn
Recruit
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Gter.mn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:16 am

Great Game for us yesterday, Sad to see Dooly lose.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Shula had a $2 million buyout ...in 2006 dollars.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

GBJs
Senior

Post by GBJs » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:57 pm

2006 dollars. Heh!
Worth. Every. Cent.

GBJs
Senior

Post by GBJs » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:05 pm

bluetick wrote:Not much doubt about us having our own Mike Shula anymore. Except CDD has a buyout that Shula would've killed for.

We are Buyout U.
You can't call him "your Shula" yet... he has to beat two of the currently elite conference programs... granted they were in a down year but he ripped F and beat T in '05...
Worth. Every. Cent.

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:00 pm

What the heck do you expect out of Dooley? He had them in position to win. Bray just had to ground the ball. If we score there it's lights out the other way. Instead that changed the game and the gators won, who were the better team.

If we played 10 times they would win 7 of them. Granted last night should have been one of the 3 where we could have won but it wasn't. Bray made a huge mistake and it changed the game.

Dooley wasn't the one dropping passes or grounding the ball.

We are a better team now than at any time since Fulmer. We still have a long way to go but we are getting there. There is improvement all over the place. The defense really got gashed, but it's a new system and we are stopping the power running game better than at any time in a long time. We had lots of busts and they got to the edge but that's what happens in a new system. It's agressive. It is a huge improvement.

Dooley will be fine, POS scumbag set this program back 6 years when he did what he did. We are better, we have improved everywhere and this team would beat POS scumbags team that year he coached.

We lost, most teams lose. It's worse because we could see the turning point, one play completely changed the game and we could see the possibility of winning, but they were still the better team and they just beat us. They had more speed and used it against us to get to the edge.

We are much improved. We have a tough schedule, but I still see us with 8 wins give or take this year, which would be right on schedule.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:24 pm

You sound like me defending Carolina's failed coaches over the years. Give it up, buddy.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Orangefreak
Senior

Post by Orangefreak » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:45 pm

I calmed down a bit after my minor tirade after the game last night. Looking over the stats, watching The Derek Dooley Show, etc., I see we ran more plays in the second half than I realized. I'm still perplexed about some of the play calling in the second half when it came to passing though. I still say it seemed like the offense thought they had to get 15+ yards on every damn pass play. A 3-5 yard sceen play is not a bad thing. Yeah, the grounding call hurt us bad but that isn't what cost us the game.

Our defense did it in for us. They messed up bad in the second half. Several people on our defense were talking and pointing things out to each other trying to figure things out right up to the point FL ran some plays. They were lost at times. Bottom line: it's a new system and it showed.

I still can't believe we missed an extra point attempt for the third game in the a row. It was a different kicker this time. :(

This team is moving in the right direction. It's slower than what we want and it's painful to see but we are getting to the place we need to be. Losing our d-coordinator last season hurt and set us back but we are still moving forward.

During the offseason, we need to pick up some stud tail and running backs. And oh.... WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN KICK THE @#$% BALL!!

In the meantime, one loss does not ruin a season. We have 9 games left. 'bama is gonna prison rape us. GA is fair to say should be filed in the loss column as well. We can win the remaining 7 games. That's 9 wins on the season if we do that which is pretty good considering where we were. In addition, if we win the other 7 games that means we will have beaten South Carolina who have had our number of late. We can do it.
Let the Jones era begin

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:50 pm

What the heck happened to my post?

Big Orange Junky
Junior

Post by Big Orange Junky » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:59 pm

I don't think anyone could have come in here and did much better with the dumpster fire that the POS scumbag left for them. When you lose around 40 players it kills your depth. That's what 3 coaches in 2 years does for you.

Even POS scumbag was trying to downplay expectations for the next two years saying his next year would be bad because of his lack of talent and so would the one after that, then he pulled his crap and left us in even worse shape but dooley managed a bowl game that year at least.

We are much better on special teams than at any time since the early 90's as far as coverages go. We just can't get somebody that can kick the ball and that ain't on the coach that's the kicker. We got the supposed number 1 kicker in the nation and the top punter and neither one of them can kick a lick. All we can do is coach technique and our lanes and contain are much better on ST.

We have a new system. One I like much, much better than Wilcox. I think that in the long run that is a HUGE improvement. It showed more last night. We have had busts all year but with the other teams we had enough speed to overcome it. We didn't against UF. That's just what it is. They were the better team.

Bray really stunk it up last night. He mailed it in after the grounding call and I think that indeed was the thing that changed the game. We score there and I believe it is a different outcome. Big MO was that huge. It let the air out of the team and it really inflated UF and instead of being down two scores and them having to be one demensional they were able to do what they needed to do to win the game.

They were the better team. They may just win the east this year. If they play like they did against us they will. Maybe it was a one game thing, but maybe not. Their Dline is good, and they have lots of depth.

Bray missed wide open receivers all night. He had a very bad game after the grounding call and pouted. Several times he chose to go to a covered hunter and not throw to an uncovered and wide open Rogers or Rivera. He just had a very bad game. I don't know if he has the mental ability to be a SEC quarterback. That was a big part of the problem too, but it was much worse after he grounded the ball.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:42 pm

That game was so much fun I think Im gonna watch it again. Right now!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:16 pm

Big Orange Junky wrote:What the heck do you expect out of Dooley? He had them in position to win. Bray just had to ground the ball. If we score there it's lights out the other way. Instead that changed the game and the gators won, who were the better team.

If we played 10 times they would win 7 of them. Granted last night should have been one of the 3 where we could have won but it wasn't. Bray made a huge mistake and it changed the game.

Dooley wasn't the one dropping passes or grounding the ball.

We are a better team now than at any time since Fulmer. We still have a long way to go but we are getting there. There is improvement all over the place. The defense really got gashed, but it's a new system and we are stopping the power running game better than at any time in a long time. We had lots of busts and they got to the edge but that's what happens in a new system. It's agressive. It is a huge improvement.

Dooley will be fine, POS scumbag set this program back 6 years when he did what he did. We are better, we have improved everywhere and this team would beat POS scumbags team that year he coached.

We lost, most teams lose. It's worse because we could see the turning point, one play completely changed the game and we could see the possibility of winning, but they were still the better team and they just beat us. They had more speed and used it against us to get to the edge.

We are much improved. We have a tough schedule, but I still see us with 8 wins give or take this year, which would be right on schedule.
Dooley WILL be fine. Either he gets a 4 mil buyout or he gets to keep on coaching mediocre football at 2.3mil/yr.

Dooley is 0-18 against ranked teams; a lamp could do as well. And he is 2-27 vs teams with a winning record. And those numbers don't account for his most embarrassing loss - the KY fiasco, losing to a terrible team with a receiver at QB, with players accusing teammates of quitting and not wanting a lower-tier bowl.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:30 pm

I actually liked Dooley's presser today. Unlike Phulmer he does own up to his own mistakes. Now he just needs to make less of them and manage to win a big game or three. Who knows - he might get a taste for it.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Phil's recent interview where he said he liked the direction Dooley was taking the team should dispel anyone's doubts about where we are headed.
Let 'er Blow!

Orangefreak
Senior

Post by Orangefreak » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:19 pm

If we beat SCarolina, will everyone be satisfied we are heading in the right direction?
Let the Jones era begin

The Gray Ghost
Senior

Post by The Gray Ghost » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:20 pm

It may be time to finally bring Randy Sanders back home. Look at the magic he has worked at tucky!

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Orangefreak wrote:If we beat SCarolina, will everyone be satisfied we are heading in the right direction?
That's kind of random, ain't it? What about the four games before we play Calacky..

GBJs
Senior

Post by GBJs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 pm

What do y'all see as winnable for the rest of your season? Aside from Alabama and LSU, the conference hasn't shown much this season and truth be told, Florida has shown just as much as either of the afore mentioned. Two weeks in a row, hostile environs, win in the 4th quarter...that's not a weak team. Of course F started 4-0 last year just to have us break their QBs before LSU finished off their QBs. Those two games back to back really hurt Florida last year. I don't think they could have beaten either Alabama OR LSU last season but they'd have had a much better shot without broken QBs.

Bray is a quality QB, much more than serviceable. In all probability he is NFL talent with good play from the WRs. The JC transfer you guys have this year is a horse. I haven't had the opportunity to fully watch a UT game this season. How is your line play? Ground game?

Too early in the season to be excaliming glory, WAAAAYYYY too early to be letting one loss cause gloom and doom.
Worth. Every. Cent.