Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Even Santorum's daughter looks like a nightmare robot...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 pm

His wife looks like she's on meth and has been beaten with a billy club...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Why doesn't eCat post on The Something Forum political thread? He'd do well there I would think.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:47 pm

The funny (sad) thing is that Santorum would've won Michigan if he simply sat home and played video games, without doing press, for two weeks. I've never seen one person be their own negative ad.

This loss was all his. The GOP public is begging for someone to vote for besides Mitt. Pawlenty is probably kicking puppies right now.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:20 am

Santorum is nothing but a reality check for Romney, who could end up being the GOP version of Bill Clinton. Then again if the economy continues to blast its way back (gas prices notwithstanding), he may be the GOP version of John Kerry.

BigRedMan
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Indiana

Post by BigRedMan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 am

Bklyn wrote:
Bklyn wrote:US Govt gearing up to go hard after Anonymous:

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/a ... us/253399/
BRM, I know you doubted it, but maybe it's true...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/2 ... 06630.html
Yeah and they didn't even make a DENT.
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:18 am

I'm hardcore Ron Paul but Santorum is so bad I'd gladly pull the lever for Romney.

I despise a social conservative worse than the big government guy.

I can't even begin to relate why someone would support Santorum, and I'm sure my sister is all in with him.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:59 pm

she must pray for you daily then

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:09 pm

she is a serious bible thumper...for that matter so is my mom. Mom was hanging out with the snake handling folks speaking in tongues at one time.

I told her I knew some people like that too. Oddly enough, knowing Jesus and doing meth produce the same results in the most dedicated among them.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Maybe Jesus was on meth...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:33 pm

"I've never seen one person be their own negative ad."

Is Rat that easily forgotten?

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Shut it fish boy

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Heh
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 am

2 years ago they create this new organization at work that is supposed to be the global equivalent of what I do at the America's level. Matter of fact, this group pretty much owes their existence to me because it was my budget request to the global council that caused the external study that came back and said they needed to hire 18 people.

They had a VP who was about to get tossed out the door decide it was his cause and he takes the position to lead it and goes about attempting to hire the stronger people in the company as his staff.. He asks me to come work for him (remember, it was my budget proposal that ended up with the creation of this group in the first place) and I decline mainly because I have a rule about not working for people that are empty suits. So pretty much he fails at hiring anyone strong and has to go for the ...well...less than strong is a kind way of saying it.

So he ends up asking my old boss ( who is a rainmaker) and he declines and then ends up asking this women from England who was my peer but we never really saw eye to eye. I never had a harsh word for her, she just has very strong ideas about how stuff should be done and I have very strong ideas that she'd drown in a rainstorm because she can't keep her stupid piehole shut.

Well now she has the job and has decided that I am persona non grata on all things and has intentionally not invited me to a global meeting but has invited my European, German, Asian and Offshore counterparts. To add insult to injury she invited a guy on my bosses staff who doesn't even do anything related to my job to represent the U.S.

Protocol for this type of power move is to call up your boss and whine but I'm actually just going to sit tight and let this thing play out.

Meanwhile, this is just the kick in the balls I needed to actually start caring about my job again and get some high profile shit done.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:20 am

Patience is usually rewarded in these cases, to an extent. Just be poised to swoop in with the necessary game saving work when her personal issues/vendettas threaten the well-being of the job at hand.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:37 pm

<Sigh>...

U.S. federal judge Richard Cebull. Source: U.S. government. Montana's chief federal judge admitted on Wednesday that he forwarded an email comparing African-Americans to dogs and implying that President Barack Obama's mother had sex with animals.

Richard Cebull's email, obtained by the Great Falls Tribune, reads: "Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read this. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine."

A joke then follows: "A little boy said to his mother; 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?' His mother replied, 'Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!'"

Cebull forwarded the offensive email from his official court account to six "old buddies," who then forwarded to others.

In an interview with the Tribune, Cebull maintained he did not send the email because it was racist, but because it was 'anti-Obama.'

"The only reason I can explain it to you is I am not a fan of our president, but this goes beyond not being a fan," Cebull said. He agreed the email was racist, but said he personally was not.

"This is a private thing that was, to say the least, very poor judgment on my part," he said.

Cebull was nominated to his current position by George W. Bush. He has served since 2008.

This is not the first instance of an official coming under fire for sending a racist Obama email.

In April 2011, an Orange County GOP official sent out an email with a photo of Obama's face superimposed on the body of a baby chimpanzee. She made a public apology, saying she was an "an imperfect Christian" and she hadn't thought about the cultural implications of the email before sending.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Wow, Andrew Breitbart died. Shit. 43. Rest in peace...you were a political piece of shit, but a wife lost a husband and 4 kids lost a father. Shame.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:45 pm

I'm sure that most depictions of black people as monkeys or whatever are racist and ignorant and created by some real assholes, but I do find it interesting that its OK (based on the last president) to depict someone as a monkey as long as its a commentary on their physical appearance and to belittle their intelligence as long as its personal and cant be contrued as racial (ie they are white).
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:54 pm

You can portray anyone as monkeys, in general, without too much consternation if they are not black. I was alluding to this in one of the other forums when speaking about the blackface issue and (it seems) the general lack of understanding of racial history and dynamics for many people.

Monkey portrayals (and things of the like) were used as a supporting tool in the demoralization, murder, disenfranchisement and discrimination of Black people. That fact should give someone a bit (and I would argue enough) of perspective on the feelings that the caricature would have on Black people.

Jews get the same way. Asians do, as well (to a lesser degree, because they weren't systematically murdered for it), with certain caricature portrayals.

For a short time at the turn of the 20th century, Italians in America did too.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 pm

BS: I always wanted to — I have never heard you answer this question. You probably have, but I’ve never heard the answer. You’ve thrown the first pitch in front of like 60,000 people. You’re obviously wearing a big bulletproof vest under your suit. You’ve got all these people staring at you.

Obama: Completely stressful.

BS: Because if you ground it, it’s on YouTube for the next 10 years.

Obama: Absolutely. And, like you said, you’ve got to wear this bulky vest, and what happens is, they just hand you the ball. [Laughter.] They say, "Here," and you walk up. If you had three tries, you’d be fine. You’d throw a fast strike somewhere in there. But if it’s that first ball, each time I go up there my thinking is, All right, I’m just going to blaze this thing in. And then I’m thinking, Man, if I throw a grounder that’s going to be a problem. So then I end up kind of lofting it up a little bit and —

BS: Well, how much flexibility do you have with the vest? Like, do you have full, or do you have to go like sidearm?

Obama: It’s a little bulky. You kind of — I give credit — when I think about George Bush and the pitch he threw —
at 9/11. Unbelievable pitch.

BS: Right down the middle.

Obama: Right down the middle. And huge credit for that. I give that guy a lot of props for that one.

BS: And I think Jeter said to him before the game, "Don’t screw this up," or something like that.

Obama: That’s exactly what he said. He saw him behind the bullpen and said, "Don’t screw it up." And he didn’t.

BS: Last question, quick, five seconds.

Obama: Yes.

BS: Settle an office debate. Best Wire character of all time?

Obama: It’s got to be Omar, right? I mean, that guy is unbelievable, right?

BS: We might break this down as like a March Madness bracket, and I think he’s going to be the no. 1 seed. [Laughter.] Everyone is in on Omar, it seems like.

Obama: He’s got to be the no. 1 seed. I mean, what a combination. And that was one of the best shows of all time.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-trian ... rack-obama