Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:56 am

The only time Trump shut up last night was when he was asked to condemn white supremacy...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:23 am

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:30 am

one thing that I'm continually sick of - and this is both parties although Biden brought it up last night is this idea of tax credits.

I don't believe the Americans making $50K a year see any benefit from a tax credit on insulating a house, buying an hybrid car or installing a solar panel. They don't see benefit of tax credits for health or child care.

The only people that see real benefit from tax credits are the people that make enough money they have an actual tax burden.

So when some politician talks about tax credits, like when Biden did last night or when McCain offered that as his version of Obamacare, my eyes just roll back into my head. Biden was talking about millions of high paying jobs being created thru tax credits for his climate change plan.

Everyone knows that is bullshit and its just another scheme where some donor gets a fat government contract that results in a handful of people getting wealthy. Tax credits in a progressive tax structure is bullshit. Put real money in the pockets of people that need it, not have them hope they see some windfall on April 16th by looking up their income in a tax table.

Oh you're giving someone a $7500 tax credit because they can afford to by a $40k electric car? How generous of you. Someone gets a $10K tax credit because they used spray in foam insulation on their 3800sq ft home? That's gonna help the low income earners.

The only thing that anyone should think about when a politician talks about the ability to provide tax credits is that our taxpayers are so overburdened politicians try to think of creative ways to lower their obligation - and most of the time its tied to some pet project or platform issue. Its absurd.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:30 am

hedge wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:23 am
That made me laugh. Have you ever seen that? Bea Arthur was in it
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:20 pm

As Chewbacca?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:34 pm

you gotta watch this

its painfully bad, so bad its funny - just the announcements of who is starring goes from good to WTF? in about 2 minutes

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:40 pm

Damn, they preempted Incredible Hulk for that??

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:41 pm

Actually I used to collect Hulk comics when I was a kid, but even I thought the tv show was lame...

Fifer
Junior
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by Fifer » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:49 pm

Trump is a dumpster fire. Just the turnover of the cabinet and his staff should tell you a lot. He did the one thing the country needed him to do. He got rid of that miserable bitch out of hell Hillary Clinton. Good enough, but it's time for him to hit the road.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:14 pm

I want the Clinton/Obama administrations gone - and Biden with token Kamala is an extension of that.

Just like the hard lesson the GOP learned with McCain/Romney, the Democrats need to learn that as well.

Stop nominating candidates that are invested in only preserving the power in your party. I thought they learned that lesson when Hillary lost in part because she fucked over Sanders and his supporters, but then they nominate another ingrained power broker. I was hoping Tulsi Gabbard would get traction with the Dems.

Complain about Trump all you want but while the change was already happening with Boehner being driven out, Trump got rid of Paul Ryan, Reince Prebus, and he forced Lindsay Graham and McConnel to support him when they were at all time lows in party support. Trump can still fill a stadium (without Covid) at Rally's , something no other GOP or Democratic candidate can do - 3 years into his presidency. I don't think there will ever be another GOP nominee like McCain/Romney/Graham elected president, and that is due in large part to Trump showing that you can have an alternative who doesn't put party power above his positions.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:28 pm

remember when Comey prided himself on his meticulous note taking and his ability to recall minute details of his interactions with President Trump?

This is the same Comey ....

--------------------------

Former FBI director James Comey is being grilled by the Senate Judiciary Committee over exactly what he knew regarding FBI actions in the early stages of the Russia investigation – but early on in the hearing claimed ignorance of virtually every act that was mentioned during questioning.

A Justice Department Inspector General (DOJ IG) report previously found that the warrant application and subsequent renewals applications for surveillance of former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page contained inaccuracies and omissions and relied on the Steele dossier despite evidence that it was unreliable.

Comey opted not to deliver an opening statement Wednesday but welcomed questions. Committee Chairman Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., got right to the point and asked what efforts the FBI made to verify the dossier.

"I don't know," Comey said.

Graham also asked what Comey knew about former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith, who has pleaded guilty after being accused of altering an email to say that Page was not working with the CIA despite the FBI having knowledge that Page was working with the agency.

"I know nothing of Mr. Clinesmith," Comey said.

Comey passed blame for the warrant, claiming he only signed the certification for it, not the affidavit it was based on, but when asked who the committee should look to in terms of who was accountable for misleading the court, Comey again came up empty.

First Comey said to look at the IG report, but when pressed on whether he knew, he gave a familiar response.

"I do not," he said.

Graham later discussed ex-spy Christopher Steele's sub-source, whom the FBI interviewed. The sub-source told the FBI that the information in the dossier was unreliable and was based on rumor. Graham noted that the sub-source was known by the FBI to be a possible Russian spy. Confronted with these details, Comey again pleaded ignorance.

"I don’t remember learning anything about Steele’s sources," he said. When asked if he knew that the FBI interviewed the sub-source in January 2017, Comey again said, "I don't remember."

Asked again, Comey later said he did "not remember being told of any interview." When asked if he should have been told, Comey said he could not answer.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:25 pm

There are some real nut cases on the right...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:04 pm

No way Trump today without Covid could fill a stadium. None.

Tulsa

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:48 pm

Yeah, his game is getting old, even to his supporters...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Biden says he'll do the remaining debates

that's a mistake

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:15 pm

Why? He won yesterday as Trump made a fool of himself. 2 more debates with the monitor inches away from a mic shutoff button will show you and other degenerate fools that Trump can't debate about issues. Just a fat orange looking bully.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:28 pm

Mitchs ads are becoming as sad as Trump in last nights debate.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:22 pm

eCat wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:30 am one thing that I'm continually sick of - and this is both parties although Biden brought it up last night is this idea of tax credits.

I don't believe the Americans making $50K a year see any benefit from a tax credit on insulating a house, buying an hybrid car or installing a solar panel. They don't see benefit of tax credits for health or child care.

The only people that see real benefit from tax credits are the people that make enough money they have an actual tax burden.

So when some politician talks about tax credits, like when Biden did last night or when McCain offered that as his version of Obamacare, my eyes just roll back into my head. Biden was talking about millions of high paying jobs being created thru tax credits for his climate change plan.

Everyone knows that is bullshit and its just another scheme where some donor gets a fat government contract that results in a handful of people getting wealthy. Tax credits in a progressive tax structure is bullshit. Put real money in the pockets of people that need it, not have them hope they see some windfall on April 16th by looking up their income in a tax table.

Oh you're giving someone a $7500 tax credit because they can afford to by a $40k electric car? How generous of you. Someone gets a $10K tax credit because they used spray in foam insulation on their 3800sq ft home? That's gonna help the low income earners.

The only thing that anyone should think about when a politician talks about the ability to provide tax credits is that our taxpayers are so overburdened politicians try to think of creative ways to lower their obligation - and most of the time its tied to some pet project or platform issue. Its absurd.
Biden is basically a Republican before they started going off the rails. Think Ronald Reagan. He's not going to be creating too many good paying jobs because ultimately that takes money away from the folks who own him.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:06 pm

Stole this from Facebook.

Dear Trump supporters,

Trump’s taxes have finally been leaked. And wouldn’t you know it, he’s a total fake. He’s not a billionaire. He’s 421 million dollars in debt and is about to get foreclosed on. I pay more taxes than Donald Trump and so do you. Because he’s losing so much money, he’s paid zero in federal taxes 10 of the last 15 years. Two of the years he did pay it was less than 1,000 bucks. He’s been living off credit and hot air. It was all a scam. Just like his college, just like is charity, and just like his political career.

You were so easy for him to scam. He knew you’d be impressed with of all of his boasting. He knew you’d never spot the difference. He knew he’d win you over by taking advantage of your ignorance, your fears, your insecurity, your racism and your ethnocentrism. You were like shooting fish in a barrel for him. He’s convinced you the real news is fake, and the fake news is real. He has you cheering for authoritarianism over democracy. He has you scared and fearful of your neighbors but not of COVID-19. He actually convinced you that he is a Christian. As a former top aide to Vice President Pence just revealed, he thinks you are “disgusting”.

He’s not just a fraud, he’s a criminal. He’s everything he convinced you that Hillary Clinton was four years ago. He’s the one who deserves to be in prison and soon he likely will be. He’s not a Republican and he’s not a Democrat. He’s not a conservative and he’s not a liberal. He’s human trash looking for suckers to take advantage of. And my goodness, did he ever find a willing group of suckers.

You should be ashamed of yourself. I know people who voted for him in 2016 and quickly realized they made a mistake. But not you, not you. You dug in. You doubled down. You embraced Russian style propaganda over the American free press. You embraced conspiracy theories over science and reality. He’s lied to you over 22,000 times since taking office and you never batted an eye. He’s made a fool of this nation.

I imagine Trump and his propaganda news outlets will attempt continue the scam, at least for another six weeks. I also imagine some of you, through some unimaginable mental gymnastics, will continue to allow yourself to get scammed. But Trump is going down on November 3 and the American justice system will come after him and his cronies.

I may be nice to you on the street but do know that you absolutely let this country down. You allowed our republic to get damaged in ways never seen. In the process you exposed some incredibly ugly things about yourself I just can't forget.