hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:19 am

"He can't go down with 3 barrels! Not with 3 he can't!!"
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:25 am

The IQ at CNN simply can't go lower......

Stelter then turned to Haines, asking whether she knew of any networks on the left that were as dedicated to destroying Trump. “When you see entire media companies essentially exist to tear down Joe Biden, is there an equivalent of that on the left, tearing down Trump?” he asked.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:44 am

Is this still real life? Camping is now some kind of “rich” activity?
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:06 am

and national parks for that matter. State parks are much more affordable. I don't even camp in national parks
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:11 am

This is the worst kind of shit that’s out there now. A writer who has no clue what the fuck they’re talking about, did almost no real research about what they’re talking about (or even went and looked in an REI, you’ve got to be fucking kidding me), and the whole point of it was to put a hot button political slant into what was essentially a fucking advertisement.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:57 am

Seattle City Council votes to defund police department. Police chief resigns because pay for top officers were cut. BLM is mad at city council because the chief was the first African American woman at the position...

https://komonews.com/news/local/chief-b ... roves-cuts

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:12 am

aTm wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:11 am This is the worst kind of shit that’s out there now. A writer who has no clue what the fuck they’re talking about, did almost no real research about what they’re talking about (or even went and looked in an REI, you’ve got to be fucking kidding me), and the whole point of it was to put a hot button political slant into what was essentially a fucking advertisement.
that is why twitter/instagram/other sharing platforms is a cancer, zero fact checking, opinion becomes widespread fact, not to mention people/countries dedicated to spreading volatile information for the sole purpose of spreading discontent
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:16 am

"This is the worst kind of shit that’s out there now. A writer who has no clue what the fuck they’re talking about, did almost no real research about what they’re talking about"

Sounds like he'd fit right in here in the Goat Pen...

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:20 am

aTm wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:44 am

Is this still real life? Camping is now some kind of “rich” activity?
The pic didn't say it was "rich", but that poor people can't do it, which is a true for tens of millions of Americans who work full time but are in poverty for no fault of their own but b/c 'murica doesn't have enough decent paying jobs for everyone. Since minorities are disproportionately poor, it is a racial issue, whether you like it or not.
Butt juice

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:00 am

The cost of camping equipment isnt a barrier, and anyone with a brain knows it except this "journalist." I can take a drive and see a wide variety of fairly advanced gear just under the local freeway bridges owned by people who dont have shit and in fact are homeless and I dont even live in LA, SF, Seattle, Austin, etc. The pic actually says "want more diversity in camping, start with the gear" which is dumb. The minimal amount of camping gear you need is extremely cheap, especially if you're shopping at Wal*Mart, which of course this "charity" is not doing, they started buying from REI which is probably the most wasteful thing I can imagine. It's like starting a soup kitchen that wants to serve fois gras and caviar.

Minorities are disproportionately poor and yeah that is probably part of the issue, but not because of the gear. They are also disproportionately from single parent households, which is likely also a big factor. This charity is performing some sort of service by trying to drum up minority interest in camping by giving stuff away, and that's fine for a little puff piece, but acting like the price of camping gear is some kind of equal access issue (which it does say) is ludicrous. The very poorest people in our society can afford camping gear, and recreational camping in general is a hobby for many, many lower class people.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:07 am

You should post a picture of a homeless encampment replete with camping gear on that twitter thread...

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:17 am

Somebody probably already did that.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:18 am

Yep. Top reply listed.

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:33 am

It's funny that it's a Los Angeles newspaper. There's camping gear everywhere on the street.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Um...

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Yeah, I didn’t see his last post there..

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:32 pm

Kamala Harris is apparently officially going to be Biden's running mate

sardis
All-American

Post by sardis » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:45 pm

He really had no other option.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:56 pm

well I guess I'm not surprised since alot of people were thinking she would be. I just felt like she had alot of baggage with African American voters.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:58 pm

quality individuals representing BLM. Certainly worth protesting for.

---------------------

The rally was held at the South Loop police station where organizers say those individuals are currently being held in custody.

“I don’t care if someone decides to loot a Gucci or a Macy’s or a Nike store, because that makes sure that person eats,” Ariel Atkins, a BLM organizer, said. “That makes sure that person has clothes.”

Black Lives Matter Chicago organized the rally after overnight unrest throughout the city, with police saying that more than 100 individuals were taken into custody for a variety of offenses, including looting.

That is reparations,” Atkins said. “Anything they wanted to take, they can take it because these businesses have insurance.”

Chicago police believe the looting began after officers shot a man in the city’s Englewood neighborhood on Sunday afternoon. Authorities say the man, identified as 20-year-old Latrell Allen, had a gun and fired at police before they returned fire, striking and wounding him.

Allen now faces attempted murder charges after the incident.

“This person fired shots at our officers,” CPD Superintendent David Brown said. “Officers returned fire and struck the individual.”

BLM organizers are criticizing the police narrative surrounding the shooting, pointing out that none of the officers involved in the shooting had body cameras.

“Police say a lot of things,” Atkins said.