Davis gets trapped to often

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:43 pm

Damn. UKs losing all their records this weekend. Most wins ever. Most tourney wins. Poof. Gone.

goldenbear
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by goldenbear » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:45 pm

Davis jsut dribbled for 20 secodn and then we get an illgal screen go sooner run the offense

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:46 pm

Missing ft Davis over dribbling

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:48 pm

Missed two more FT

that is three in a rwo

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:49 pm

1 for 5

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:50 pm

Cramp please be a crapm get him out fo the gmae

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:51 pm

3 for 7

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:57 pm

UNC will need RJ and Lovs to bout shot well Saturday

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:37 pm

This will be a fun final four for everyone but Kentucky fans, of course I am in New Orleans the first of this week on vacation
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Saint
All-American
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Saint » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:55 pm

There's no fucking way dook loses this game. After all, it would besmirch the legendary career of its all-time wins leader who finished with a losing record to his archrival that not only ended his career 2 wins shy of a sixth and final title, but also the team that turned his long-awaited Cameron farewell into a real tearjerker. I mean, dook has to win this game. It cannot lose to Carolina.

Now, to be sure, Carolina does not want to lose to dook in the national semifinals and see hated Ratface win his sixth championship with every goddamn body lined up to lick his asshole and crack all week long. But the Tar Heels have been playing with house money since taking a crap on Coach K Court 3 weeks ago and they're just here to see K off once and for all. They know they're not supposed to win Saturday and that's just fine.

So what'll probably happen is the Tar Heels show up and play like they did earlier in the season, never find an offensive rhythm and get in foul trouble and lose by 10-15 to a clearly more talented dook team. Or maybe dook will show up like the team that has choked in end-of-game situations throughout the season and Carolina just keeps on smoking and sends the dookies off on their journey back to mediocrity (say hey to Bucky Waters!).

Either way, I'm sticking with 'Nova on Monday night.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:45 pm

Thanks AA!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:29 am

If Duke loses, watch K pull a Tom Brady. Because that's what drama queens do.

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:49 am

Saint wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:55 pm There's no fucking way dook loses this game. After all, it would besmirch the legendary career of its all-time wins leader who finished with a losing record to his archrival that not only ended his career 2 wins shy of a sixth and final title, but also the team that turned his long-awaited Cameron farewell into a real tearjerker. I mean, dook has to win this game. It cannot lose to Carolina.

Now, to be sure, Carolina does not want to lose to dook in the national semifinals and see hated Ratface win his sixth championship with every goddamn body lined up to lick his asshole and crack all week long. But the Tar Heels have been playing with house money since taking a crap on Coach K Court 3 weeks ago and they're just here to see K off once and for all. They know they're not supposed to win Saturday and that's just fine.

So what'll probably happen is the Tar Heels show up and play like they did earlier in the season, never find an offensive rhythm and get in foul trouble and lose by 10-15 to a clearly more talented dook team. Or maybe dook will show up like the team that has choked in end-of-game situations throughout the season and Carolina just keeps on smoking and sends the dookies off on their journey back to mediocrity (say hey to Bucky Waters!).

Either way, I'm sticking with 'Nova on Monday night.
The only way UNC wins if both Davis and Love go off, like Davis in Baylor and Love vs UCLA if they both make 5 to 6 threes and UNC just shoots well they can win other than that there is no way the officials will let Coach K lose which I really dont understand. Duke does not have a bigger fan base than a UNC or a Kentucky the stye of play they played in the 80's 90's and 2000's was awful to watch. The last 8 years they have been a little better to watch and they changed who they recruited but now they have guys liek Zion and Pablao who dont play defense and are just hard to root for.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:07 am

UNC-Duke Rivalry Goes Worldwide
ByGREG BARNES 20 hours ago

PHILADELPHIA – The basketball gods have long provided a postseason reprieve for North Carolina and Duke fans, relegating college basketball’s greatest rivalry solely to the regular season. The Tar Heels and Blue Devils have combined to play 331 NCAA Tournament games since the event’s inception in 1939 without once crossing paths.

There has been a disturbance in the balance of the sport, which can possibly be attributed to several variables: the cancellation of the 2020 NCAA Tournament due to COVID-19, Mike Krzyzewski’s retirement or Hubert Davis’ arrival. That convergence of consequential developments laid the groundwork for the pending apocalypse scheduled for 8:49 p.m. on Saturday in New Orleans. UNC-Duke is going worldwide on college basketball’s largest stage at the Final Four.

It’s difficult to overstate the rarity of this moment. Only once before have these rivals been within one game of playing one another in the NCAA Tournament, which occurred in 1991. That was the year Krzyzewski won his first national title while UNC lost to Kansas in the Final Four despite Davis’ 25 points.

This is quite the final dance for Krzyzewski. He's the 10th head coach to advance to the Final Four in his final season and the first to do so since North Carolina's Bill Guthridge in 2000.

It’s also been quite the first dance for Davis. He’s the ninth head coach to advance to the Final Four in his first season and the first to do so since Guthridge in 1998.

Krzyzewski is seeking his sixth national title this weekend in the bayou, an accomplishment surpassed only by John Wooden’s 10 championships, while a first-year head coach has never won the national title. It took Krzyzewski 16 years to win his first championship. Roy Williams won his first of three titles in his 17th season, while it took Dean Smith 21 years to win his first NCAA championship.

This moment has been four weeks in the making. UNC entered its regular season finale with Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium trying to solidify its NCAA Tournament resume and ended up crashing the most lavish party for a retiring head coach that college athletics has ever witnessed. The Tar Heels had been making strides since a disappointing home loss to Pittsburgh three weeks earlier, but the win in Durham provided an injection of confidence that has fueled the program’s improbable run to the Final Four.

The upset at Cameron on Coach K’s Senior Night will forever be a signature victory for Davis, one that has already made him a fan favorite as head coach. However, there was a downside to finding success at the carnival environment at Duke.

UNC may have nicked Krzyzewski’s ego by disrupting his elaborate celebration in Durham, delivering an embarrassing defeat in his final home game. That loss did not end the Blue Devils’ season nor did it serve as an exclamation point on Krzyzewski’s legacy. Instead, the significance of that loss prompted self-reflection by the winningest head coach in college basketball history.

“I learned something, and I saw my team hurt,” Krzyzewski said last week. “Not just by a loss, but by a whole bunch of things. I just had a good meeting with myself. I said that I’ve got to do something. I’ve got to help in some way, and part of it was my approach with them. Not that we haven't. We're really close and all that, but I just changed a little bit in doing it."

In some troubling sort of way, the Tar Heels burning down Cameron Indoor fueled Duke in reaching the Final Four. UNC bears some responsibility for Krzyzewski’s 13th and final trip to the national semifinals. Wounded, but renewed, the Blue Devils grinded through the West Region while bypassing the NCAA Tournament’s top overall seed in Gonzaga, who was upset by Arkansas on Thursday night. The nation’s two best defenses over the final eight weeks of the regular season – Texas Tech and Arkansas – were no match for Duke’s offensive talent in San Francisco.

The Tar Heels, who are 49-50 against Krzyzewski-led Blue Devil squads, have an opportunity to send the man Carolina fans love to hate into retirement with one final loss. It’s only fitting that this year’s Final Four destination is New Orleans, a city intertwined with Carolina basketball history. UNC has won two titles there, both coming with Smith at the helm.

This will not be for the faint of heart. Triangle pharmacies are sure to run low on antacids and anxiety medications this week. If there was ever a time to go where you go and do what you do, it’s Saturday night. Immortality awaits.
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:52 am

Can't get here soon enough. Really looking forward to it.

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:43 am

on another forum, I asked the guys there if they thought that the refs were being very kind to the Duke players and not calling fouls for the last four games to give Coach-K every chance to end his career winning a national championship. One of them smartly said (to my bolded word)

you misspelled the word "decades"

the hate for Duke is strong, everywhere
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:12 am

Stay over there

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:00 pm

Somebody posted this on IC, I haven't listened to the interview yet, but the reason I'm posting it here is, look at Roy's fuckin' face. Goddamn, he looks like a 90 year old skid row alkie. Yikes...

I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:22 pm

Years of sunbathing and playing several rounds of golf per week during the summer have done a number on his skin, whereas that Rat faced pollock just hides in his fucking cave.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.