What's your ESPN rank?

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:58 am

the Illini fan ended up apologizing so I guess the UK fan that was pretending to like Houston

to be fair, the Illini fan was cheering loudly and dropping F bombs every time anything happened so it was getting pretty annoying.

that said, I'm pretty impressed with Bowling Green. I've been there a few times. It might be a smart play to live on the Tennessee border, not paying TN income tax, but shopping in BG for Kentucky sales tax. Its about 25 miles from the border. College town so there is a good mix of diversity and culture (for KY) but small enough you can live out in the country where you don't have to put up with a rainbow flag waving neighbor and still commute.

The only downside is no Costco, its 47 miles away
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:26 am

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:28 am

BG also has a large contingent of afgan/iraqi refugees. Might want to avoid it e.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:30 am

I found this interesting on a football recruit

He is the No. 227 overall recruit in the 2023 cycle, according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. In the 2023 On300 ranking, Stuart is the No. 142 prospect in the nation and No. 14 player from state of Alabama.

He currently has an On3 NIL Valuation of $6.1k. The On3 NIL Valuation is an index that looks to set the standard market value for both high school and college-level athletes. The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:20 pm

Haven't seen anyone mention the potential looming rematch with Duke, this time in the FF. We've never met them in the tourny, that would be nuts if we had to play them in the FF this year. A Duke victory would erase the joy of ruining K's finale at Cameron, but a win would be the all-time argument ender. I doubt either of us will make it that far, though...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:14 pm

God I hope not. Goldie will be unbearable. As usual.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:00 pm

hedge wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:20 pm Haven't seen anyone mention the potential looming rematch with Duke, this time in the FF. We've never met them in the tourny, that would be nuts if we had to play them in the FF this year. A Duke victory would erase the joy of ruining K's finale at Cameron, but a win would be the all-time argument ender. I doubt either of us will make it that far, though...
Ugh. The officials would fuck us worse than they did Maryland and Arizona in 2001.

"Is this how fucking bad you want Dook to win this game?" -Gary Williams to the officials during the 2001 national semi-finals.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:35 pm

Cal is skipping his call in show to be out "recruiting"

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:00 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:30 am I found this interesting on a football recruit

He is the No. 227 overall recruit in the 2023 cycle, according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. In the 2023 On300 ranking, Stuart is the No. 142 prospect in the nation and No. 14 player from state of Alabama.

He currently has an On3 NIL Valuation of $6.1k. The On3 NIL Valuation is an index that looks to set the standard market value for both high school and college-level athletes. The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time.
On3's NIL value is based on how many followers a prospect has on their social media accounts.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:22 pm

I bet it took them years to come up with the algorithm...

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:23 pm

hedge wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:48 pm LOOK AT IT NOW, MOTHERFUCKERS!! TIED FOR 3RD!! IN THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!!! So bow down to the bow wow, 'cause bow wow, Yippie yo, you can't steal my flow!!!

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo. ... allleaders
That is actually quite impressive. Wish I could insult you in some way to diminish the accomplishment, but it's too cool.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:47 pm

Mitch Barnhart makes a live appearance on the call in show and reiterates to the fans what is important to Kentucky Basketball

It was in sharp contract to coach Cal's pre-recorded statement of supporting his players and enjoying the season.

The last time Barnhart made such a statement in regards the program was March 12, 2007.

On March 22, Tubby Smith was the coach of Minnesota.

Now I don't think its that drastic, but I suspect Cal is going to be singing a different tune next season about what his priorities are, and he is going to be talking about winning championships at UK and not much about ending generational poverty

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:51 am

Has anyone else been watching Winning Time on HBO?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:03 am

My SIL told me to watch it...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:06 am

"That is actually quite impressive. Wish I could insult you in some way to diminish the accomplishment, but it's too cool."

Thanks. I've offered to sit for an interview with Stu if he wanted to run a story in the local rag, but he won't return my texts or calls. He is eaten up with bitterness and rage at my good fortune, and I'm sure would insist that local T-ball stats are more important to his readers (all 10 of them) than my historic accomplishment...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:14 am

I'd be tied for 21rst in the ESPN challenge, along with about 60 other people. It all ends this weekend, though, I've got Tennessee in the FF (should've listened to DS on that one) and also UNC in the FF, which theoretically could happen but we all know it won't...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:36 am

I hope you die happy then. Today.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:00 pm

Brent Hampton lives in Kentucky.

Brent Hampton is a Kentucky fan.

Brent Hampton is a SEC and Big 12 basketball official.

Brent Hampton is barred from officiating Kentucky games because of his bias.

Brent Hampton is such a Kentucky fan that he officiates practice scrimmages for Cal, and Cal "thanked" Hampton and two other officials (one of whom is Hampton's older brother) by paying them to officiate Kentucky scrimmages in the Bahamas, paying their airfare in the Bahamas, paying for their luxury resort hotel in the Bahamas and paying for their meals while in the Bahamas.

Brent Hampton officiates NCAA tournament games.

Brent Hampton officiated the Baylor versus UNC game and missed several calls on Baylor, made several dubious calls against UNC and was the official who ejected Manek.

Brent Hampton is slated to work the Philadelphia region this weekend, which is the region where UNC is playing.

Hmmmmmm.....

Fun Side Note: Brent Hampton also ejected Manek when Manek was at OU.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:28 pm

I don't know Brent Hampton from a hole in the ground, other than if his name is Brent, he's most assuredly a fag

but aside from that, why would his relationship with Kentucky result in bias toward UNC against Baylor? I don't get the connection.