Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:29 pm

Because they are young. They beat them a few weeks ago. Not our job yet to govern the SEC.

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!

Post by crashcourse » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:13 am

tic all those points are fairly well known and certainly understandable in a lot of ways when you didn't think you had a chance in hell of winning the presidency and wanted to continue the business side of your life pre predsidency. certainly his activities with the business side changed dramatically once the nominee and then the president elect

points 2 and 3 are especially a stretch--handing over polling data? give me a break. hacked emails? hell trump was out in public begging the Russians to release her "lost emails"

there needs to be a quid pro quo between the actions of trumps campaign and the Russians and as you termed there is an adjacency there but there was no quid pro quo collusion I see.

crashcourse
Senior

Post by crashcourse » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 am

i'll be much more interested to see what Mueller says about the origins of this regarding carter page and coffeeboy and whether he thinks a counterintelligence probe should have been initiated by the outgoing administration into the opposition campaign

lot of precednec for some dangerous stuff down the road.

I am dead set against the execuitive order for national emergency even though I agree there is one --because when the dems to regain power you don't think they''ll use that one again

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:42 am

Trump likes dick.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:50 am

I am also leery about Trump using emergency powers because I think it is the wrong thing to do, but not because the Dem’s will use it as a precedent. Do you really think a Dem President would refrain from using emergency powers if Trump did? I don’t.

I am also very concerned about “dangerous stuff down the road” if Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Brennan, Page et al get away with using the incredible power of the DOJ, FBI and CIA to falsify evidence, use it to get a FISA warrant, and spy on the campaign of a candidate they don’t like. If they can get away with that, then they can get away with anything.

There are probably already FBI, DOJ and IC investigations going on right now on Justices Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, using falsified evidence, and framing them for who knows what.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:15 am

"If they can get away with that, then they can get away with anything."

I wish they would get away with your murder...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:37 am

Prof is a fraud

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:23 pm

I will concede there's a chance that Trump may not be guilty of treasonous dealings with the Russians. I'd say the odds are very slim - maybe 1 in 10. Mainly because DJT's actions to date paint him to be guilty as hell...if he's innocent, he's lousy at portraying it. To wit:

He will fight any measure of showing his taxes, tooth and nail...all the way to the SCOTUS. This after saying he'd show his taxes during the campaign...which he clearly never intended to do. What is he trying to hide?

Speaking of trying to hide, he and his people have lied about Russian contacts FROM DAY ONE. It's why Sessions had to recuse and why we even have a special counsel investigation to begin with. Zero contacts and meetings, according to Trump, Pence, Junior, and all the staff...and there's been in fact several dozen and more still being counted. There HAS to be a reasonable explanation for all that lying, right? What is it?

The oligarch money to Trump, the money to the NRA, promises of reduced sanctions, the alteration of the GOP platform on defense of the Ukraine in favor of Russia, the timely hacked-email dumps...C'MON MAN! What does all this add up to - a giant coincidence? Manafort sharing polling data with Russian intelligence? "Russia, if you'll use these...."

And Putin, ffs. Any objective person might suspect he has something on Donnie. Lifting the sanctions is one thing, but why all the praise? "A great leader" - wtf? Defending the murderer - "hey, do you think our country is so innocent?" - it's mindblowing. Helsinki was the kicker, taking Putin's word over our national intelligence about the election meddling. Secret one-on-one meetings between the two with no recordings or notes - unprecedented.

There's never been a discouraging word cross Trump's lips about this truly bad man. There's a reason...what is it?

Prof, crash, whoever - don't act like there's no suspicious activity here - It defies all reason if you do. Simple question...WHY ALL THE LIES?
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:48 pm

"Defending the murderer - "hey, do you think our country is so innocent?""

That was actually a fair point...

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:27 pm

I'd like to defend your murderer.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Id like to be charged guilty

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:50 pm

bluetick wrote:I'd like to defend your murderer.

Pretty good. B+
Let 'er Blow!

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:16 pm

I will concede there's a chance that Trump may not be guilty of treasonous dealings with the Russians. I'd say the odds are very slim - maybe 1 in 10.
Tick, I am impressed that you said what you said. That must have been a very hard thing for you to post. I know I would have dreaded making such a concession if it had gone the other way.

In return, in honor of your integrity, I will not gloat about no Russia collusion, at least towards you.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Why all the lies, prof? Don't you even want to take a stab at it?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:44 pm

bluetick wrote:Why all the lies, prof? Don't you even want to take a stab at it?
I could, and I will, on one condition: you explain and justify all the lies and felonies proven to have actually been committed by Comey, McCabe, Strozk, Ohr, Brennan, and all those other DOJ, FBI and IC leaders, who knowingly used a fake "dossier," paid for by the Hillary campaign, supplied by Russians, used as a totally false pretext to lie to a FISA Court, to justify planting a spy in the Trump campaign.

You answer that disgusting pattern of criminal abuse of power, and I'll talk about the little pieces of chicken poop that Mueller DID find and you mentioned.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:20 pm

10ac wrote:
bluetick wrote:I'd like to defend your murderer.

Pretty good. B+
Not fair. I was quoting something tick posted, you can't do an "I'd like to..." on something that you yourself posted...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:27 pm

Fuck off

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:11 am

Professor Tiger wrote:
bluetick wrote:Why all the lies, prof? Don't you even want to take a stab at it?
I could, and I will, on one condition
You can't, and you won't. You are now a bonafide member of Cult45, and you and yours are squarely on the wrong side of history. Trump is unfit to be president, as you've alluded to before - prior to your 'conversion'. Here's hoping you don't fall too hard when Individual 1 gets exposed for ALL of his crimes.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:30 am

Here's hoping you don't fall too hard when Individual 1 gets exposed for ALL of his crimes.
Yeah, somebody ought to investigate one of those crimes. He probably microwaves puppies and strangled kittens. Trump is the devil, so he obviously did them all.

That post, especially after your previous post, reminds me of the black knight in Holy Grail;

[youtube]ZmInkxbvlCs[/youtube]

My question is: what are you going to do, Tick, with all these claims of Trump committing crimes? Bleed on me?
hedge wrote; “I’d like to make you bleed.”

crashcourse
Senior

Post by crashcourse » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:42 am

trump has been a liar all his life
whether it be to his wives to his investors and now to his base

but he does cut through the bullshit on a lot of stuff that helps a lot of people

filing taxes is now a breeze, business and the economy have benefitted for his making middle America great again

pulling out of nafta and iran deal and nato and the paris accords and trade deals and nuclear deals have all shooken things up for the better hopefully--we've been paying disproportionate costs for years--need to level the playing field again and take care of americans first
watching the onslaught of migrants whether its record numbers or not and seeing that we cant even take care of who we have here already begs for something to slow the numbers. its a kjoke that the dems see no problems--and almost befg for opemn borders

but trump is a liar and will continue to lie its been proven over and over again.

but he's done more for middle America then any president since reagen. the 50% working stiffs don't feel like there being ripped off by other 50% that refuse to work. we don't feel like we are labeled just because of the color of our skin like we did when if we diasagreeed with the BLM or the LBGQ or the CAIR or the metoo movement on issues.

but im sure the pendulum will sway again back to the left but hopefully not for another 4 years