Post by crotch » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:10 pm

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by crotch » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:41 pm

Believe it or not, ol' Sleepy Joe once seemed to be a sensible human and had some very good ideas. Fast forward to today............what has made the guy completely get away from his sensible thoughts of a better society and join with these moronic liberal idiots and their goal to destroy America?

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:30 pm

Jungle Rat wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:24 am
That looks like a scene from Deliverance...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:48 pm

crotch wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:10 pm
::: tosses fruit in the air :::

Dammit hedge. That's a fucking softball.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:54 pm

"Believe it or not, ol' Sleepy Joe once seemed to be a sensible human and had some very good ideas. Fast forward to today............what has made the guy completely get away from his sensible thoughts of a better society and join with these moronic liberal idiots and their goal to destroy America?"

Um. Hello?

Ladies and gentlemen. This is how millions turns into 9000 which turns into the dismantling of the crowd overflow stage before 10 minutes elapsed on his "Gonna Be Crazy Fun" rally.

If you're still a Trump fan today I feel sorry for you. Either you are too stubborn to admit you made a huge mistake because of ego, pride or whatever you cling to. Or you can wake the fuck up and look at America today.

Again. Wake the fuck up

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:08 pm

Bye crotch.

Gonna miss ya grandpa.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:09 pm

I woulda said bye to prof too but he's long gone. He knew.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:34 pm

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:13 am

Nine people have been killed, four of them minors, and 54 others have been wounded in shootings across Chicago so far this weekend.

A 13-year-old girl was killed and two other teens were wounded Saturday night in Austin on the West Side.

The girl was inside a home about 8:30 p.m. in the 1000 block of North LeClaire Avenue when the shots were fired, and she was struck in the neck, Chicago police said. She was taken to Stroger Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office identified her as Amaria J. Jones.

Two boys, 15 and 16, were sitting on a porch when one of them noticed a red laser pointing at him and heard gunfire, police said. The younger boy was struck in the back and the older boy was struck in the leg. They were taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.

A 3-year-old boy was fatally wounded about two hours earlier when someone opened fire at his father while they were driving in Austin.

The toddler, identified as Mekay James, was struck in the back about 6:25 p.m. when someone in a blue Honda pulled behind the black SUV the boy’s 27-year-old father was driving in the 600 block of North Central Avenue and fired several rounds, authorities said.

A police source said the father was believed to be the intended target of the shooting.

The father drove the boy to West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park, police said, but the boy was pronounced dead shortly after arriving. The father was also treated for a graze wound to the abdomen.

Two teenage boys were killed just over an hour before that in South Chicago.

Jasean Francis, 17, and the 16-year-old were in an alley about 5:10 p.m. in the 7900 block of South Luella Avenue when a male suspect approached them and fired shots, authorities said. Francis was shot in the back, chest and hand while the 16-year-old was shot in the back and side. Both were taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where they were pronounced dead.

--------------------

In a 4 year span, Chicago police killed 46 African Americans, 2010 - 2014 which I would assume is their highest total since the article I sourced was referencing George Floyd and specifically Chicago. Chicago will lose that many statistically due to violent crime in less than 8 weekends.

This is why I will not take BLM seriously. They refuse to have accountability for their own community.
1290 people have been shot in Chicago this year. That is 227 more than in 2019 - and its June 22.

BLM wants to seriously address police brutality, then work to end Black violence in urban areas ....then you can have a serious discussion about police brutality when there is no need for a strong police presence.

and just to drive the point further, Chicago isn't even close to the murder capital of the US (per capita)

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:40 am

sorry, my data was out of date

The final tally was 101 shot, 14 dead.

374 black homicides in Chicago so far this year.

BLM
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:46 am

"This is why I will not take BLM seriously. They refuse to have accountability for their own community.
1290 people have been shot in Chicago this year. That is 227 more than in 2019 - and its June 22."

Yeah, but the point is, how do you hold thugs and murderers "accountable"? Well, you try to arrest them and put them in jail. What else can you do? But there's a lot you can do to hold police accountable. They are given massive leeway and authority (and weapons), but with that comes massive responsibility. The only way to hold murderers responsible is to arrest them. We should expect more from the police, who are, after all, supposed to be there to protect and serve, not to harass and kill. And don't get me wrong, I think the majority of cops are doing their jobs correctly, but just like you and everybody else wants to get murderers and criminals off the streets, you should also want to get bad cops off the force. Why is that even controversial?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:53 am

Serious question: What is your suggest or solution of what BLM should be doing to hold black criminals "accountable"? What tactics should they use? What resources should they be given? Should they be getting cars and weapons and 401K's and everything else we routinely provide for the police? Or should they just go around and knock on doors and ask everybody to please be nice? What authority do they have to hold criminals "accountable"?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:58 am

first of all, you're white, you're not allowed to say thugs and murderers, because that is racist.

yea, you can hold police accountable ---no doubt. The Breanna Taylor incident - horrible. People should be in jail over that, policy changes as a result - community outreach. And if the response wasn't immediate, then protest and media attention, along with community pressure should have been brought.

but rallying behind a guy shot in the back by police because he 1. resisted arrest, 2. fought cops. 3. stole a weapon from a cop AND attempted to use it on him while trying to escape.

and the community response is to riot and burn down an innocent business

Rayshard Brooks was an ex felon violating parole and stole a police weapon.

I want to live in a community where the police will deal with a person like that harshly, and I certainly don't want to live in a community where the police are encouraged, no, worse, will be prosecuted if they don't in the heat of the moment choose to respond by making the decision to let a man in that situation escape.

We have to decide , do we prevent police from enforcing the law in a heavy handed way in areas where violent crime rates are unacceptable or not, because , IMO, the alternative is that crime will not go down in those areas. You can use New York as a blueprint. Go back and read up on the pre-Guliani New York and his broken window approach to law enforcement. Increase police presence and focus on all crime prevention.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am

hedge wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:53 am Serious question: What is your suggest or solution of what BLM should be doing to hold black criminals "accountable"? What tactics should they use? What resources should they be given? Should they be getting cars and weapons and 401K's and everything else we routinely provide for the police? Or should they just go around and knock on doors and ask everybody to please be nice? What authority do they have to hold criminals "accountable"?
they have no problem marching for days on end in protest, so it would appear they have time and money

why can't they create a community watch on their dime, why can't they develop community outreach to address job training/youth leagues/ substance abuse/ low cost childcare centers? They want to talk about defund the police and have the city take on that responsibility. It might be viable but not at the expense of limiting police support.

The biggest issue to me is their complete refusal to own that there is a need for a large police presence in their communities. Its not about them holding criminals accountable or taking on crime directly.

There isn't an issue with police brutality against African Americans in the suburbs of America. There may be a legitimate issue with police harassment but not brutality.

The response as far as I can tell is to marginalize police where they have zero room for error in dealing with the black community at large

and as a result, they will stop enforcing crime because they you won't get prosecuted for inaction. And that isn't going to save Black Lives.

Then again, I really don't think BLM cares about this. IMO, this is more about police harassment - getting pulled over for a broken tailight, and while we are at it, we're going to check to see if you have any warrants. Getting followed around a store to make sure you don't shoplift. Stop and Frisk. They are tired of being targeted /profiled because of their skin color. Its certainly understandable as to why. (also they focus their efforts on getting Trump out of office as well)

However, if Black Lives truly Matter then put your efforts in saving the 400 (Chicago) or more that are going to die this year due to the vast majority of black on black crime, not 100% of your efforts on the 11 +/- that will be killed by police trying to stop the 400 as well. Once you get that under control, then you can talk about the 11. And we aren't even touching on the number of collateral deaths resulting from BLM "protests" since the George Floyd incident. A movement that creates the thing you say you're trying to stop?

The 14 dead, some of them children, killed in Chicago this weekend deserve more than this.

There is a reason people are profiled and the profiling only stops when the statistics change.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:45 am

Good lord e.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:03 am

Coming home from what was supposed to be the greatest rally of all time. But no one showed up. The defeated walk of shame. He knows it's over.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:18 am

E. Have you even every been to the South Side of Chicago?

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:25 am

Crotch take a trip to the local WalMark...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:35 am

"Coming home from what was supposed to be the greatest rally of all time. But no one showed up."

Man, I was tuned in to watch the rally at about 7:45, saw the people milling around close to the stage. Kids doing cartwheels and shit. I was like "this must be video from earlier in the afternoon, there's nobody there." There were people packed in close to the stage, maybe 20 rows deep (maybe not even that much) and then behind them there was lots of open space (where the kids were doing cartwheels and shit), and the upper deck looked like the upper deck at a UNC football game circa 2012 (and plenty of other years). I was like, there's no way this is just social distancing, these fools ain't going to social distance anyway, but this is row after row after row of empty seats. And then Trump came out and I was like WTF? There's nobody there! Maybe Trump's scam really is starting to wear thin. On another note, when the did pan around the meager audience before Trump came out, not a black person to be found, but then of course they had 4 or 5 token blacks strategically placed right behind Trump when he started speaking. I'm sure they were paid...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:44 am

My favorite was GMA reporting every morning about the people who took off from work to camp out so that they could be sure to get it.

Also. I tagged you abd and e to a link on my FB page. We can debate it here or there.

If e is willing to take the time to watch it.