Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: College Football

Post by AlabamAlum » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 pm

With Tebow, we are having the most talk of a white bronco since OJ.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Hizzy III
Junior
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Hizzy III » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Admit it; you heard that on the radio.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:09 pm

i just need Andre Johnson's punk ass to come back with a vengeance.

Debate around town is on whether the Texans should just hold him out for the rest of the regular season to make sure both hammy's are 100% for the POs or to see if he can go for the last three games and work himself back into shape (my guess is that he wouldn't be back until the Indy game at the earliest, although they might have him practicing today). Sunday's game showed that they can throw the ball around pretty well without him, especially with teams trying to stack the line to handle Foster/Tate.

We'll see, though.
From the town of Possum's Paw, Alabama, standing 6'2" and weighing 150 lbs, the one, the only, the legend... Bootney Farnsworth.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Good lord, I was only joking when I posted something to this effect yesterday.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/20 ... f-absence/

This is flatout creepy.

Owlman
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Rice

Post by Owlman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:12 am

Need help. Playoffs. Money league. Benched Greg Jennings. Who do I start? Basic scoring not a PPR league

PICK 5
Roy Helu => => => RB Wash @ NYG
M.Turner => => => RB Atl Jac
L.Fitzgerald=> => WR Ari Cle
M. Floyd => => => WR SD Bal
Antonio Brown => WR Pit @ SF
C. Benson => => RB Cin @ STL
M. Bush => => => RB Oak DET
Ryan Grant => => RB GB @ KC
My Dad is my hero still.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:12 am

By the way, the only one that plays tonight is Turner
My Dad is my hero still.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:18 am

based on point projections, I was surprised to see that Benson is tagged to score 10+ points this weekend.

That said, I still chose to keep him benched.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Owlman
Senior

Post by Owlman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks. I'm still down to 5 out of 7.
My Dad is my hero still.

TheBigMook
Henchman #1
College Hoops Affiliation: Cincinnati

Post by TheBigMook » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:22 pm

It looks like I am going to have to roll the dice and keep Rapelesburger as my starting QB in spite of the fact that he is a game time decision. My back up is Bradford and I am the 4 seed going against the 1, so Bradford's pitifual output won't do it.

Can't pick up another QB either because the commish locked all the teams for the playoffs. (I was going to pick up Tebow for my bench to get Jesus on my side.)
THE OG SSG

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:01 pm

[youtube]ukNR2Wn4rZM[/youtube]

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by crashcourse » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:04 pm

turner/fitz/brown/benson for sure

bush would be my 5th
Last edited by crashcourse on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Helu.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Bklyn
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Howard

Post by Bklyn » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Greg Jennings puts the team on his back. I would never bench him, under any circumstances...matchups, legal issues, broken legs, whatever.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:48 pm

Turner/Fitz/Benson/Grant/Helu
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:50 pm

Jennings is out 2-3...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:05 am

As Bunk or Norman would say, this is some shameful shit...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic ... d=backyard
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:43 am

The inspiration behind the 1993 hit movie “Rudy” has agreed to pay back nearly $400,000 of $11 million securities regulators say he and others received in illicit profits from an investment scheme, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger, who founded and ran the Rudy Nutrition sports drink company before it fizzled, was considered a key player in the investment scheme, the Securities and Exchange Commission said. He and 12 accomplices were accused of inflating the company’s penny stock price so they could profit from the run-up.

The movie, considered one of the top inspirational sports movies ever produced, focused on the life of Ruettiger, whose dream of playing football for the University of Notre Dame became a reality despite seemingly insurmountable odds.

But unlike the end of the movie, in which the Fighting Irish beat Georgia Tech in the re-created 1975 game and Rudy is carried off the field on the shoulders of his teammates, Ruettiger’s role in the real-life SEC case ends in disgrace.

According to the 27-page SEC complaint, it was “a classic pump-and-dump scheme” that occurred between February and September 2008. Regulators said false and misleading statements touted the company stock behind the “Rudy” sports drink in letters to millions of investors, in Internet chat rooms dedicated to penny stocks and in online videos.

One of the claims Ruettiger and others made was that his sports drink outsold Gatorade 2-1 in a major Southwest test. Another claim was that a national distribution agreement had been signed for the sports drink, which hadn’t happened, the SEC said.

In settling his involvement in the scheme, Ruettiger agreed to pay back $382,866, the SEC said.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:12 pm

Hizzy III
Junior

Post by Hizzy III » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:14 pm

eCat wrote:The inspiration behind the 1993 hit movie “Rudy” has agreed to pay back nearly $400,000 of $11 million securities regulators say he and others received in illicit profits from an investment scheme, according to a Wall Street Journal report.

Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger, who founded and ran the Rudy Nutrition sports drink company before it fizzled, was considered a key player in the investment scheme, the Securities and Exchange Commission said. He and 12 accomplices were accused of inflating the company’s penny stock price so they could profit from the run-up.

The movie, considered one of the top inspirational sports movies ever produced, focused on the life of Ruettiger, whose dream of playing football for the University of Notre Dame became a reality despite seemingly insurmountable odds.

But unlike the end of the movie, in which the Fighting Irish beat Georgia Tech in the re-created 1975 game and Rudy is carried off the field on the shoulders of his teammates, Ruettiger’s role in the real-life SEC case ends in disgrace.

According to the 27-page SEC complaint, it was “a classic pump-and-dump scheme” that occurred between February and September 2008. Regulators said false and misleading statements touted the company stock behind the “Rudy” sports drink in letters to millions of investors, in Internet chat rooms dedicated to penny stocks and in online videos.

One of the claims Ruettiger and others made was that his sports drink outsold Gatorade 2-1 in a major Southwest test. Another claim was that a national distribution agreement had been signed for the sports drink, which hadn’t happened, the SEC said.

In settling his involvement in the scheme, Ruettiger agreed to pay back $382,866, the SEC said.

This is becoming more commonplace. Maybe not widespread but you seem to read about this more often nowadays than you did twenty years ago.

Bklyn
All-American

Post by Bklyn » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Enforcement is getting better. The practice has always been prevalent. It's probably less of an occurrence nowadays because regulators are looking at it more closely...even if it's years after the fact.

Budget cuts have shrunk those departments (largely for political reasons against the Obama Administration) so we'll see how much enforcement will change over the next few years.