eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:54 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:12 pm
eCat wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:12 pm will you still believe society needed this if Antifa comes to your neighborhood and steals your shit?
Yes. The fact that something is needed does not mean assholes will refrain from trying to take advantage of a situation.
horseshit
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:58 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:19 pm "yea, he's not butthurt at all , Trump fired him because he wanted to continue to escalate the war in Syria so Mattis is doing his best Colonel Jessup "all you did here was weaken a nation" routine"

You love Colonel Jessup. And Trump didn't fire him, he resigned...
ok, resigned, after Trump told him he wasn't going to let him keep troops in Syria. Fair Enough.

This is Mattis in October

"“You don’t endanger the country by attacking the elected commander in chief. I may not like a commander in chief one fricking bit, but our system puts the commander in chief there, and to further weaken him when we’re up against real threats—I mean, we could be at war on the Korean peninsula, every time they start launching something.”"

I think he's an honorable man, but he is no different than Kelly and Brennan. They had no desire to serve a president who was opposed to their vision. Once Trump went in his direction they bailed. Strange alliances indeed
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:01 pm

::: Grabs popcorn :::

This is getting good.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:03 pm

"“You don’t endanger the country by attacking the elected commander in chief. I may not like a commander in chief one fricking bit, but our system puts the commander in chief there, and to further weaken him when we’re up against real threats—I mean, we could be at war on the Korean peninsula, every time they start launching something.”"

I guess he decided that that commander in chief was a bigger threat than any of those other very real threats he was referring to...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:05 pm

yep, he decided that

and by his own admission is endangering the country by undermining the commander in chief.

What I want to know is what constitutional rights are being impeded on by the military under Trump? What is Mattis specifically talking about? Is he talking about a show of force to protestors by a helicopter 3 days after 60 secret service men were injured by peaceful protestors near the white house?

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:23 pm

So tonight in D.C. there are hundreds of armed men in fatigues with no identifying patches, badges, or I.D. of any kind - taking up positions at various points throughout the city. They refuse to reveal who they are when questioned by the press.

When the Russians send unmarked soldiers into Ukraine, they are called "little green men". Dictators often use secret military units to stifle resistence and keep the citizenry in line.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:27 pm

Defense One is part of a specialized emergency response force run by the Bureau of Prisons — part of the Justice Department — to help maintain security at correctional facilities. They and others are part of what’s known as the bureau’s Special Operations Response Teams, or SORTs. NPR reported on Monday that Attorney General Bill Barr had ordered BOP to send its specialized riot response teams to assist with the local D.C. law enforcement with the civil unrest that has engulfed downtown Washington this week.

I suspect you knew that before you posted due to the little green men reference

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:28 pm

He'll just gas them.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:29 pm

Engulfed. To funny

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 pm

Here is a quote that jumped out to me about the concern of Trump invoking the insurrection act

U.S. Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash., said on a video conference call. "If the president is basically threatening to use the U.S. military to go in and enforce the law in U.S. cities, that runs the risk of an extreme escalation in violence and of a hugely disruptive practice."'

so police are undermanned and local leadership is unwilling to protect business owners and citizens by stopping the rioters, and using military to enforce the law is "disruptive". We can't tolerate any disruptive practices at the moment.

Does the president not have an obligation to insure the safety and security of this country's citizens, especially when incidents are not isolated to a specific region or entity? And in meeting that obligation, should he not consider the use of every resource at his disposal?

in this case I think its a threat that has to be used in order to challege sympathetic local leadership into action, and to motivate them to let the police take the appropriate action to return calm. We already see the National Guard in action, just not used uniformly across the country.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:06 am

Amazing the things that some people consider federal overreach and even more amazing, the things they don't. I guess everything is relative...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:58 am

If police really wanted to protect businesses they would line the sidewalks instead of the streets. But you never call in the military. The National Guard isn't really military. Just weekend warriors.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:21 am

are protestors who attack and injure 60 secret service men still protestors?

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:23 am

Leave it up to the governors. If they want help, give it. If they don’t mind their cities becoming shit holes, so be it.

Don’t worry, once Joe is in office, the narrative will change back to the police are heroes that protect the public.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:28 am

yes, and everything will change as a result of these riots, because *these* riots are going to be different

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:41 am

Criminal actions should be punished if possible. People protesting should not...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:46 am

So now college athletes are heading back to school for practice and 5 Alabama players have already tested positive for covid...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:51 am

It's going to be a fucked up football season, if we even have one. Major players testing positive won't be able to play, some old coach is going to get it and die. Fuck...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:58 am

hedge wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:41 am Criminal actions should be punished if possible. People protesting should not...
people protecting criminal actions should