The Forum Without Decorum.

Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:31 pm

the ACC and the SEC are ALWAYS going to work..... together.

Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Florida - Florida State already play every year.

I'd take Clemson (Although why would they leave?) and North Carolina. Maybe Miami. The rest are garbage football programs.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:06 pm

yes rat

we (in the "ACC") are smaller schools with smaller alumni base than the SEC. Your "equal" is not the ACC in student enrollment. Your "equal" is the B1G-T(14)N or whatever the fuck they call themselves now. But we in the ACC ARE your "equal" on the field of battle.

But no, you can't have Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina, or Miami. We don't have a fucking conference without Clemson and Florida State. Those two schools (and maybe VPI and possibly NCState) are the ones with all the alumni. We are not going to give those up. And no, we are not going trade them with you to get Vanderbilt and Arkansas.

but you can have Dook. ;)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Not trading anyone. Just letting your best join the best.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:18 am

IB, stfu

E, NC v SC was a big rivalry even after SC left the conference in a hissy fit in ‘71, but we have only played five times in football over the past thirty years and probably even less in basketball (I can’t remember a basketball matchup since Fogler had BJ Mackie). It’s not nearly as intense now, but it wouldn’t take long for the two fan bases to hate each other again. I’m more UNC than SC, but since I have degrees from both I pull for both. So, I have some decent insight.

UNC’s problem with the SEC outside of academic fit/appearance is two fold:

1) Carolina has a large number of Olympic sports programs that the school has had for decades, and the SEC doesn’t support many of those sports. (Ironically, the Big10 does from what I understand, but I have not researched the issue.)
2) If I don’t miss my guess, the (1) GOP led legislature and (2) legislature appointed and controlled Board of Governors (oversees entire UNC system) are likely to tie Carolina and State together to save that wretched shit stain of an athletic department. The GOP is largely controlled by people who hate UNC or who — even if they attended UNC — are beholden to ultra conservative interests who hate UNC and/or are major NC State supporters.

Ten years ago there was no chance of UNC ever accepting SEC overtures over the Big10. The current administration in South Building (despite how tenuous its position may be with the BOG right now) and the current AD (Bubba Cunningham) are largely from outside and would not be as disinclined to join the SEC. Still, the Olympic sports issue and especially the political issues are going to be a major issue.

The NCGOP is going to fuck this up. Those idiots are destroying this place.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:54 am

The GOP is destroying things everywhere

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:57 am

DooKSucks wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:18 am 2) If I don’t miss my guess, the (1) GOP led legislature and (2) legislature appointed and controlled Board of Governors (oversees entire UNC system) are likely to tie Carolina and State together to save that wretched shit stain of an athletic department. The GOP is largely controlled by people who hate UNC or who — even if they attended UNC — are beholden to ultra conservative interests who hate UNC and/or are major NC State supporters.
I really miss August West (God rest his soul.) I understand that he passed away. But he was an outstanding representative for NC State and the Wolfies. And he could bless out any inaccuracies here with whatever DS had to say.

I know almost nothing about UNC or North Carolina collegiate athletics. So I'll just take DS's word for it. The tiny bit that I know is from another sports forum where a colleague of mine works and lives in North Carolina. He graduated from Boston College but settled in the technology triangle of North Carolina. His coworkers are mostly UNC grads. And he disparagingly refers to NC State as RCC (Raleigh Clown College.) But on the flip side, he tends to think that Carter-Finley is actually a very nice stadium (perhaps the best football stadium in North Carolina.) Maybe that is not saying very much. He attends every BC game (hoops and football) at RCC. But that is it, that is all I know.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by sardis » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:18 am

Is that true about August West?

I think Big Ten, ACC schools, and Pac 12 would like to keep things as they are, maybe with the exception of Fl State. If I’m the ACC and other conferences I go to the NCAA and say, “hey, you’re about to lose your power with this SEC grab. Stop being a dick, loosen up, and let’s fight this by keep the remaining conferences together. Reduce the upcoming playoff to 8 and guarantee a spot for each Super 5 conference with only 3 at large spots which would hurt SEC adding teams.”

I know this would require considerable coordination by the remaining teams, but I can dream

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:23 pm

wow, why did I not hear that AW passed away?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:16 pm

innocentbystander wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:57 am
DooKSucks wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:18 am 2) If I don’t miss my guess, the (1) GOP led legislature and (2) legislature appointed and controlled Board of Governors (oversees entire UNC system) are likely to tie Carolina and State together to save that wretched shit stain of an athletic department. The GOP is largely controlled by people who hate UNC or who — even if they attended UNC — are beholden to ultra conservative interests who hate UNC and/or are major NC State supporters.
I really miss August West (God rest his soul.) I understand that he passed away. But he was an outstanding representative for NC State and the Wolfies. And he could bless out any inaccuracies here with whatever DS had to say.

I know almost nothing about UNC or North Carolina collegiate athletics. So I'll just take DS's word for it. The tiny bit that I know is from another sports forum where a colleague of mine works and lives in North Carolina. He graduated from Boston College but settled in the technology triangle of North Carolina. His coworkers are mostly UNC grads. And he disparagingly refers to NC State as RCC (Raleigh Clown College.) But on the flip side, he tends to think that Carter-Finley is actually a very nice stadium (perhaps the best football stadium in North Carolina.) Maybe that is not saying very much. He attends every BC game (hoops and football) at RCC. But that is it, that is all I know.
Augie bought into the conspiracy theory bullshit like the rest of his heathen brethren. Thank God I escaped that curse and didn't follow much of my family's well worn path to Raleigh.

RCC is an apt name for that place.

I hope Augie isn't dead. I liked him.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:32 pm

DS is Carter-Finley a better stadium than Kenan Memorial? My BC friend says that Carter-Finley is actually quite nice, better than what UNC has. But I don't know, I've never been to either.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:04 pm

No

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:14 pm

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:42 pm

Going to be one of Jerry's kids.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:54 am

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:01 pm

God I hope so but we'll gladly take your money.

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:43 pm

Harsh, but fair…
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:40 pm

If the "five" Power-5 conferences are paranoid that there will only ever be room for "four" power conferences, then everyone wants to make sure that THEY are in the 4 that matter. Perhaps Texas is looking at its situation and saying to themselves:
Well, we KNOW that the SEC and the B1G-T(14)N matter. They are safe. But the ACC, the Pac-12, and especially, the Big-XII are not. Guess we need to go into a conference that is always going to matter?
If I was Texas and I already make ALL THE RULES for my conference, (and they do) instead of running away I would expand it and make it matter more. Why not go back to 12 and add BYU and Boise State and just get it over with? That adds both football and especially men's basketball credibility.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:59 pm

Because as you said. There's the SEC on Top. BIG10 a far second and then there's the rest. If you get accepted into the SEC, you join the SEC. Not a question.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:52 am

"I never had ANY pussy (quality or otherwise) from anyone I ever met at my university."

Shocking (not)...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.