UNC will never be IU because of MIke and Jump man that as cache among the kids

goldenbear
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by goldenbear » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:39 am

DO you think Walker Miller would transfer if Wes got the job, I dont want Wes , he reminds me to much of Doherty

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:22 am

Bullshit. I was ecstatic when Marge croaked. Same for Rush.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:33 pm

Wow. Just fucking wow! Congrats Mick. UCLA has a great future. Unlike UC who is going through another clusterfuck once again.

COME HOME!

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College

Post by innocentbystander » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:24 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:33 pm Wow. Just fucking wow! Congrats Mick. UCLA has a great future. Unlike UC who is going through another clusterfuck once again.

COME HOME!
It was a hell of a game.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:08 pm

hedge wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:35 pm It's been a good run as a Carolina fan. My whole life it's been either Dean or Roy, and 3 years of Gut (but even Gut got to 2 FF's in those 3 years) and the only really bad years being the 3 with Doh, although even his first year wasn't terrible. There were a couple of down years as far as the play on the court, but they were few and far between. Other fans may think it's hokey or whatever, but there's been a continuity to Carolina basketball for my whole life that's coming to an end now. It's sad.

This is almost as bad as when Jerry died. Carolina basketball really is kinda like being a Deadhead to me. It's something that people who aren't Deadheads or Carolina fans really don't get, but it's something that's an important part of your life. Very important. Fundamental, even. I understand that UK fans get it to a degree, as far as being hoops fans, but it's still different. I don't think any other college program besides UK and Carolina (maybe Kansas) feels that way about their program. Maybe Indiana fans, but they've sucked for years and I'm scared that with Roy leaving we might fall into the same hole as they did after Bobby Knight left.

Duke is the only other school in my lifetime that compares (besides UK and Kansas), and even though I respect their program and the rivalry and even respect K, their fans don't really care about the program, not like Carolina, UK and Kansas fans do. And I know I'll get sass for this, but I do think Carolina is different even from UK and Kansas, at least in my lifetime. It's basically been 2 guys, Dean and Roy, not hired guns who maybe won a bunch of games for a few years and then moved on, but two guy who truly cared about and gave their lives to the program and the school for the past 60 years and really Dean and Roy are the same person practically. 60 fucking years. I don't know what's next, but it'll never be the same. Sad day......
Exactly.

I will admit I have been mildly depressed about this whole ordeal. It's the end of the last, living link to my youth (Roy was a direct extension of Coach Smith, and things felt the same for the most part) and then college days, and it hurts. Goddamn it hurts.

Ironically, I voiced my fear about becoming the next IU when discussing what would happen after Roy retired when a friend asked me about it a few weeks ago. I am worried to death we are going to hire the wrong person and waller in mediocrity for 20 years.

Conversely, I keep remembering Coach Smith's admonitions that "it's just a game" and that "there a billion people in China who don't care" because there are far more important things in life, but in the moment, this feels like a death in the family.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:22 pm

Conversely, I keep remembering Coach Smith's admonitions that "it's just a game" and that "there a billion people in China who don't care"
There's one in Cincinnati too
Last edited by Jungle Rat on Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm

I'll never forget finding out that Roy was coming home. I was a senior in high school and enrolled to attend Carolina in the fall. I had been checking InsideCarolina and the old ACC boards at every opportunity. After leaving school and going to my dad's business to work, I checked InsideCarolina and someone had just started a thread with a link to a Kansas radio station's live stream stating that the radio station had a reporter in Lawrence outside of the basketball offices because a team meeting had just been called, and then the station reported that Wayne Simien had left the meeting in tears and visibly angry. I started to jump, hoop and holler like a GI on VJ Day. I knew Roy was coming home to save us and that I would be in Chapel Hill to watch it all unfold.

It was amazing being in the Smith Center when he walked out for that first Late Night with Roy. I still get chills thinking about the standing ovation he received that night.

The fifteen seasons from 2004-2005 through 2018-2019 were the program's pinnacle, and we were so caught up in the moment we often failed to recognize the greatness in front of us.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pm

go get Pitino
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:30 pm

eCat wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pmgo get Pitino
You can still get Jim Christian :lol:

After all, Jim is the winningest coach in all of MAC history
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:48 pm

It’s Hubert Davis

We learned absolutely nothing from the first Transition Disaster put in motion by Dean

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.

Post by DooKSucks » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:52 pm

The Anti k* wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:48 pm It’s Hubert Davis

We learned absolutely nothing from the first Transition Disaster put in motion by Dean
I saw a BOT member I know this morning but did not mention this out of respect because I know he is sick of this crap.

I will see said BOT member tomorrow, and I’m going to kick that cocksucker in the nuts if I get the chance.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:54 pm

wow

Hubert is about to take over being coach at the most chaotic time in college basketball history.

Alot of programs are going to be challenged to figure out how to stay on top, and I think many won't.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:46 pm

HUUUUUUUBERT!

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:09 pm

DooKSucks wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:52 pm
The Anti k* wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:48 pm It’s Hubert Davis

I saw a BOT member I know this morning but did not mention this out of respect because I know he is sick of this crap.

I will see said BOT member tomorrow, and I’m going to kick that cocksucker in the nuts if I get the chance.
Well, I hope he can win you guys another national championship. That is the best I can hope for, for you.

And if he doesn't, well I guess the people who selected him are just damn idiots, right?

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:39 pm

well our Brian Morrison PG just announced he was transferring out after his dad said last week he was locked in for another year.

When that happens, then Cal pulled him aside and said you're going to the bench next year.

We have now lost 5 out of 6 freshmen off a team where Cal said player retention is a priority

Dave23
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Memphis

Post by Dave23 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:52 pm

Memphis has lost 5 of the 7 players that made up the #1 recruiting class in 2019...two to the NBA, three to the portal...
The older I get the more I pretty much hate every cocksucker that is making decisions in this world and all of the idiots that root for political parties like sports teams. — aTm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:34 pm

Had Baylor beating Gonzaga 87-82. Ended #5529 out of 16+ million.

Suck it

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:34 pm

I would have hired Robinson but he probably didn't want it. Hubert's credentials are unassailable except that he's never been a head coach.

Mostly I don't care any more who coaches UNC. The game is about to change completely so lets see if Hubert sticks around when all the future NBA players have left college hoops.

Saint
All-American

Post by Saint » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:35 pm

Man, I'm glad I didn't watch that game tonight. What a shitshow by Few. No wonder UNC didn't go after him...