Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:30 pm

I'm sure you tossed plenty of salads in your prison ministry days...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Tree
Senior

Post by Tree » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:14 pm

Professor Tiger wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:20 pm
Jungle Rat wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:57 pm Starting to feel sad for crotch. Dying of dementia is brutal.
Speaking dying of dementia, here is the Democrat nominee for president, on the easiest interviews he will ever face (CNN, MSNBC), tossing word salads:
I don't like Biden's chances in keeping his poise against Trump's buffoonery in the debates. OTOH, Trump is failing miserably and I have a hard time believing there are enough people who don't see that to get the idiot re-elected.
"For me, crazy as it seems, there is a real relationship between wild, reckless abandon off the field and being that way on the field." - Lawrence Taylor

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:48 pm

Crotch and Prof would vote for Trump if Jesus Christ was the dem nominee...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:37 am

I've said for over a year now the Republicans are making a huge mistake not having a backup plan for Trump.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 am

hedge wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:48 pm Crotch and Prof would vote for Trump if Jesus Christ was the dem nominee...
Jesus couldn't vote. Especially being a white dude in the middle east with friends named Mark, Paul etc.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:40 pm

domestic violence and shootings have doubled year to date in Cinci now.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:41 pm

a kick in the balls to the gun control folks

In March, 3,740,688 background checks took place, according to the FBI, signaling that more guns were sold than any time since the background check system began in 1998

that ain't white rednecks buying'em
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:55 am

Hoarders bought guns. They stacked goods 8 feet high on carts, loaded their SUVs - then wondered if people were copying their license plates or following them home. In order to soothe that nagging sense of insecurity - 'hey, were sittin' on a monster supply of meat and TP here' - they added to their arsenal of personal home protection.

Ironically , except for cybercrime and phone scamming - crime statistics are way down. Burglars must be making up a big percentage of the back-to-work protesters.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:58 am

eCat wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:40 pm domestic violence and shootings have doubled year to date in Cinci now.
How sure are you about that? They put out a note saying they won't respond to those months ago.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:41 am

Damn, these would be the glory days for you if you were still married...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:53 am

Never beat my ex but I so wanted to

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 am

Jungle Rat wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:58 am
eCat wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:40 pm domestic violence and shootings have doubled year to date in Cinci now.
How sure are you about that? They put out a note saying they won't respond to those months ago.
I was watching WLWT who reported it

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:33 am

bluetick wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:55 am Hoarders bought guns. They stacked goods 8 feet high on carts, loaded their SUVs - then wondered if people were copying their license plates or following them home. In order to soothe that nagging sense of insecurity - 'hey, were sittin' on a monster supply of meat and TP here' - they added to their arsenal of personal home protection.

Ironically , except for cybercrime and phone scamming - crime statistics are way down. Burglars must be making up a big percentage of the back-to-work protesters.
you think its ironic that people are home hoarding guns and crime is down? I'd say that's pretty classic cause and effect

*attempted* crime may shoot up in the next few weeks as money runs out

*successful* crime may not

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:49 am

just to add some perspective as to why the " you don't put a price on life" people are going to be ignored soon

and I'm not saying there won't be blowback, especially if there is a phase II of this virus outbreak, but I think the reality is they aren't going to let millions suffer in poverty to save 60K in elderly. You're looking at business who don't have deep pockets , represent a whole by far the largest employers and in turn the tax revenues of this nation.

“If the COVID-19 crisis lasts four months, 53 percent of small retailers say there’s a good chance they’ll be forced to close permanently by the end of the year. Among restaurants and bars, 70 percent expect to go out of business if social-distancing orders last into July.” - Harvard Business School

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/small-busine ... 0420%20(1)

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:28 am

Kavanaugh raping accusations - good
Biden raping accusations - bad

the hypocrisy of the Washington Post

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/20/do ... -campaign/

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:37 am

eCat wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:49 am just to add some perspective as to why the " you don't put a price on life" people are going to be ignored soon

and I'm not saying there won't be blowback, especially if there is a phase II of this virus outbreak, but I think the reality is they aren't going to let millions suffer in poverty to save 60K in elderly. You're looking at business who don't have deep pockets , represent a whole by far the largest employers and in turn the tax revenues of this nation.

“If the COVID-19 crisis lasts four months, 53 percent of small retailers say there’s a good chance they’ll be forced to close permanently by the end of the year. Among restaurants and bars, 70 percent expect to go out of business if social-distancing orders last into July.” - Harvard Business School

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/small-busine ... 0420%20(1)
Correct. We can’t keep the US shuttered for much longer.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:10 am

People dont yet understand how bad this is going to be. The majority of the country thinks you can just flip a switch and go back to normal. The cascading economic effects of this are going last for years. This will almost certainly lead to what will be classified as a major depression and IMO there will likely be a period of civil unrest of some sort.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:17 am

I have seen estimates that have a recovery between 9 and 30 years. It’s just incomprehensible the amount of sorrow this has and will cause.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:18 am

my wife was saying "they'll open back up by May 1, they just need 14 days of declining numbers"

and I asked her what she thinks will happen if we don't have 14 days? they'll just keep putting it off until we do?

no, that's not going to happen, I think 14 days is just more or less an arbitrary number designed to show some compassion and forward thinking but its not going to be a line in the sand as the pressure mounts to get the country back open.

AlabamAlum
Legend

Post by AlabamAlum » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:19 am

As far as civil unrest, yeah, when the economic safety nets become insolvent, crime and unrest will be the product. It’s really not if, but when.
— Abraham Lincoln