Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:15 am

China was like "Russia thinks they know how to influence a US presidential election, well, watch this, faggots"...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:18 am

BOMB CHINA!!

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am

The mixed messaging from Trump is a bit baffling. Honestly his policy actions on this have actually been way more aggressive than was demanded by both the public and health officials (limiting travel from china, handling the cruise ship, limiting travel from Europe) at the time they were taken. It's what he's said outside of policy thats been loony tunes, basically just trying to say what the market and his supporters want to hear.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am

"I'm still at a loss to hear anything from anyone on what Trump should have done to stop the stock market slide"

I said the other day that in a panic like this, there isn't much anybody could do, but I absolutely believe that having a childish narcissist who outright claims he knows more about everything than anybody, when everybody (including most of his supporters) know he's a borderline retard, doesn't do much to help things and in fact just adds fuel to the fire. Nobody can claim that the market is a liberal conspiracy or fake news or any of the other bullshit terms Trump and many Fox News hosts throw around daily, and the market is certainly saying, very loudly and very clearly, that it has zero confidence in this clown's ability to even comprehend, much less get a handle on this thing. Pretty sure most voters are going to be saying the same thing come November...

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am

most experts if not all agree that a vaccine is months away - but that is under conventional strategies against a virus outbreak. We are certainly in new territory here - I just wonder if that means they will cut corners and accelerate the bring to market of a relatively untested vaccine they have a high degree of confidence will work
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:33 am

hedge wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 am "I'm still at a loss to hear anything from anyone on what Trump should have done to stop the stock market slide"

I said the other day that in a panic like this, there isn't much anybody could do, but I absolutely believe that having a childish narcissist who outright claims he knows more about everything than anybody, when everybody (including most of his supporters) know he's a borderline retard, doesn't do much to help things and in fact just adds fuel to the fire. Nobody can claim that the market is a liberal conspiracy or fake news or any of the other bullshit terms Trump and many Fox News hosts throw around daily, and the market is certainly saying, very loudly and very clearly, that it has zero confidence in this clown's ability to even comprehend, much less get a handle on this thing. Pretty sure most voters are going to be saying the same thing come November...
and choose Biden?

He better learn to speak coherent sentences. Their current strategy is to limit his speaking to 7-10 minutes so he doesn't get lost in his speech. Its also a good idea to not call potential voters a horses ass when they ask you questions about your platform.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:36 am

eCat wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:06 am I'm still at a loss to hear anything from anyone on what Trump should have done to stop the stock market slide

We are about 5 days away from the health care system being overwhelmed, the travel industry is in worse shape than 9/11 and the service sector industry has never seen anything like this

all I'm ears to the democratic solution to solving this

and yea, every American death is due to Chinese refusal to admit internationally they were aware of a new virus going back to September and not locking down their border to contain it. They might not have been able to lock this down but allowing over 1m people travel to and from the United States during that time certainly accelerated it here , and with similar results in Europe.
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sho ... zd-dMpJ-00

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:37 am

"The mixed messaging from Trump is a bit baffling."

Baffling to whom?? This clown doesn't have a message, he just spouts off whatever comes into his child-like brain at any given moment. That's not a message, that's just rambling idiocy. So again I ask: Baffling to whom? It's who he is and what he's done his whole life. The only thing that would be baffling was if he surrounded himself with experts who came up with a coherent plan and then deferred to them, but that ain't ever going to happen, even now...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:39 am

Biden will surround himself with competent people and then let them do their jobs. Hell yes I prefer that to Trump. And when it comes to not being able to speak in coherent sentences, I'd put Trump up against Biden any day...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:42 am

Trump killed Hillary in the debates

You really think Biden is more formidable than Hillary?

After the last election, I'm not going to make predictions of who will win or won't win - but this election will be about whether the public wants Trump president or not , it will not be because of Biden being a compelling choice.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:44 am

I didn't mean I was surprised by it.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:45 am

hedge wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:37 am "The mixed messaging from Trump is a bit baffling."

Baffling to whom?? This clown doesn't have a message, he just spouts off whatever comes into his child-like brain at any given moment. That's not a message, that's just rambling idiocy. So again I ask: Baffling to whom? It's who he is and what he's done his whole life. The only thing that would be baffling was if he surrounded himself with experts who came up with a coherent plan and then deferred to them, but that ain't ever going to happen, even now...

well to be fair, no president in our lifetime has had to deal with anything like this. His messaging is stream of consciousness , that isn't anything new for Trump. But at the end of the day his actions are decisive.

And I suspect he'll make a decision to one-up the democrats on their corona response package while at the same time killing them for not giving in on the payroll tax break.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:45 am

A lot of people hated Hillary, I don't think anybody hates Biden. Most people vote based on emotions, not policy, Trump is proof of that. Biden is likable and a blue collar guy, many more people can relate to him than they could to Hillary. He'll be fine...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:48 am

"I didn't mean I was surprised by it."

I'm baffled that you say you found Trump's messaging baffling but not surprising. Or maybe I'm surprised that you say you found Trump's messaging baffling but not surprising. Either way, I'm confused...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:55 am

I guess we didn't have a President when the Spanish Flu hit.

aTm
Muad'Dib

Post by aTm » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:56 am

hedge wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:48 am "I didn't mean I was surprised by it."

I'm baffled that you say you found Trump's messaging baffling but not surprising. Or maybe I'm surprised that you say you found Trump's messaging baffling but not surprising. Either way, I'm confused...
Yeah but thats nothing new...

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:03 am

BAM! Down 2000 already. Thanks Trump!

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:24 am

Kevin McCarthy, as it stands now, is against the proposed democrat-backed coronavirus bill. The legislation includes provisions for free testing for coronavirus, bolstering of unemployment insurance, paid medical leave for those out of work due to the disease and additional money to ensure children continue to get subsidized lunches if schools close. McCarthy and other GOP legislators are concerned about the pressure this outlay would have on the nation's burgeoning national debt

Americans aren't pussies - politicians are pussies. Dishonest, dishonorable cowards. Panderers.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:27 am

That is certainly the wrong message

I hope Trump tears him up

Ran Paul was against it but only because they would not cut foreign aid to other countries to pay for it.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:51 pm

Hey American Airlines

HAHA

fuck you and your $30 bag, can't choose my seat, knees up around my ears. I hope you lose your ass