Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Ostensibly Hoops

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:13 am

I don't know why, but I LMAO at this:

"they missed a shot but the weakling Zeller did nto get the rebound"

That game did remind me of the tourny game against UK last year. We played like ass in general, the other team shot and hit a boatload of 3's and we somehow still didn't manage to get blown out (although I never had the feeling we'd win, nor did we deserve to). That's alright, it's just going to make it that much sweeter to give Cal his first home loss at UK while his team is ranked #1 in the country. On a final note, Hairston is the real deal. Kinda reminds me of McCants. We've been needing a guy like that...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:24 am

The '05 team lost its first game against some low level California team (Santa Barbara or some shit), but Felton wasn't playing. And the '09 team lost its first two ACC games. Still, I thought both of those teams were still going to be great and win it all. I'm not so sure about this team. They certainly are going to be very good and I guess they could still end up being great, but I just don't see much killer instinct with these guys. Barnes is very good, but I don't know if he's truly great. Henson is a unique player, but he has no killer instinct at all. Ditto Zeller. I think he has more natural gifts that Hanbrow, but he's not even on the same planet in terms of toughness and meanness. I am starting to like Hairston alot. We can still pull it together, but we've got alot of work to do. Alot...

Cats rule
Sophomore
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by Cats rule » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:37 am

don't worry goldie....roy's coaching for saturday. candyass knew better than to bring the #1 ranked team into rupp

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky

Post by eCat » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:37 am

Cats rule wrote:don't worry goldie....roy's coaching for saturday. candyass knew better than to bring the #1 ranked team into rupp
thats just like UNC

UNLV had 4 seniors, that game wasn't going to be a cakewalk. I only saw a few minutes of clips - the interior guys for UNC were dominated
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:33 am

Owlman the reason I wanted to go zone it stop dribble penetration, and make them running something different on offense, Henson is long enough if he play a wing he might be able to get out to the corner in time to disrupt a shot.

The Man to man was not working at all thus change it up. Maybe Unlv does not move the ball well verse the zone, but it is better than sitting there and watching the same exact thing as the last loss.

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:35 am

ANd if you watched the first half when I was complaining about the fouls UNLV had less fouls against and the same amount of foul shots. But you probably did not watch the game.

goldenbear
Senior

Post by goldenbear » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:38 am

saint Henson does not suck he actually played ok, the offensive foul was BS, these refs have to learn when a a guy leaves his feet the defender cant slid in under the offensive player.

The Anti k*
Junior

Post by The Anti k* » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:45 pm

We were completely exposed last night. UNLV spread the court and laughed at us for not closing out on three ballers. And when we did challenge them, they drove past Marshall's slew-footed ass and took it right at our softies inside. Zeller is playing like a pussy. Henson has the basketball IQ of an ice cube. We have no garbagemen on this team to rebound the basketball. Moser almost outrebounded our starting frontline by himself (17 boards vs. 19 for Zeller, Henson and Barnes combined). Draymond Green did the same thing for Michigan State, but they couldn't hit shit that night.

Oh and while I'm ranting, Barnes needs to cut the sulking superstar strut shit out on the court. Dammit, you are NOT Kobe Bryant and you certainly are NOT Michael Jordan! He's now missed three dunks this season by being too weak to finish "power" moves to the basket. Vince Carter would've jacked that motherfucker and snatched Jerry Tarkanian's Yoda looking ass with his off hand and dunked him, too!

Finally, this is on Roy. P.J. Hairston was lighting UNLV up from the bonusphere when no one else was hitting a damn thing. So what does he do? He takes P.J. out "on schedule" and the Rebels extend their lead to double digits. Hairston only played 14 minutes, when he should be playing double that at a minimum.

Hell fucking yes, I am PISSED!!!

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:50 pm

At least you have UNC football to fall back on.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:09 pm

goldenbear wrote:Henson is so long wow

so long
Will this be the first time a UNC player has requested a restraining order from a fan...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:13 pm

We're definitely not going to out-tough anybody this year. We've got enough talent to outscore most teams if we're playing smoothly and enough length to be able to at least somewhat control the defensive post. But the bottom line is, just like last year, we've got to hit some 3's. Hairston appears to be the man to do it, but Roy won't play him more than 20 minutes max b/c of all of the other egos he has to feed. Barnes needs to start hitting some 3's, too, b/c he damn sure isn't going to dominate anybody on the inside. I'm like anti-K, there's no fucking excuse for an athletic 6'8" guy to miss a dunk, ever, but Barnes just doesn't have world-class hops. If he doesn't develop a fairly consistent 3 point shot, he could be back next year. I don't see him thriving at the 3 spot in the NBA, he needs to work on his 3 ball so he can play to 2. But so far this year, Hairston is the man...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:15 pm

These two posts sum up my feelings right now. That was pathetic. This team doesn't have the mean streak that it needs.
hedge wrote:The '05 team lost its first game against some low level California team (Santa Barbara or some shit), but Felton wasn't playing. And the '09 team lost its first two ACC games. Still, I thought both of those teams were still going to be great and win it all. I'm not so sure about this team. They certainly are going to be very good and I guess they could still end up being great, but I just don't see much killer instinct with these guys. Barnes is very good, but I don't know if he's truly great. Henson is a unique player, but he has no killer instinct at all. Ditto Zeller. I think he has more natural gifts that Hanbrow, but he's not even on the same planet in terms of toughness and meanness. I am starting to like Hairston alot. We can still pull it together, but we've got alot of work to do. Alot...
The Anti k* wrote:We were completely exposed last night. UNLV spread the court and laughed at us for not closing out on three ballers. And when we did challenge them, they drove past Marshall's slew-footed ass and took it right at our softies inside. Zeller is playing like a pussy. Henson has the basketball IQ of an ice cube. We have no garbagemen on this team to rebound the basketball. Moser almost outrebounded our starting frontline by himself (17 boards vs. 19 for Zeller, Henson and Barnes combined). Draymond Green did the same thing for Michigan State, but they couldn't hit shit that night.

Oh and while I'm ranting, Barnes needs to cut the sulking superstar strut shit out on the court. Dammit, you are NOT Kobe Bryant and you certainly are NOT Michael Jordan! He's now missed three dunks this season by being too weak to finish "power" moves to the basket. Vince Carter would've jacked that motherfucker and snatched Jerry Tarkanian's Yoda looking ass with his off hand and dunked him, too!

Finally, this is on Roy. P.J. Hairston was lighting UNLV up from the bonusphere when no one else was hitting a damn thing. So what does he do? He takes P.J. out "on schedule" and the Rebels extend their lead to double digits. Hairston only played 14 minutes, when he should be playing double that at a minimum.

Hell fucking yes, I am PISSED!!!
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:19 pm

To reiterate, however: It is going to be that much sweeter to whip "#1" UK's ass for Cal's first home loss ever at Rupp. I'm going to be LMAO at that...

DooKSucks
G. Pompous Ass, II, Esq.
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by DooKSucks » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:28 pm

I am afraid that we'll be 5-3 this time next week. If that happens, the season is shot. This team isn't mentally tough like the '05 and '09 squads. It would ruin the season.
I proudly took AFAM 040 at Carolina.

los
Recruit

Post by los » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:43 pm

You don't think they'll beat Wisconsin at CH? They should be able to win that one.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:45 pm

I'm not quite in panic mode just yet. Not after the 2010 season and the first half of last season. I never thought we were a great team last year, but we ended up being a very good team. We have every player back from that squad and have added Hairston and McAdoo. Like I said, we're not likely to out-tough anybody this year, but we should be able to outscore most teams and disrupt the front court of most teams. Our perimeter defense is suspect at best, but not many teams are going to hit 40+% from behind the arc while also jacking up 30+ threes. When that happens, there's not much anybody can do. Definitely need to tighten up on that aspect of our game, and UNLV did get way too many open looks, but at the same time, some of those 3's they were making last night were ridiculous. UK better plan on making at least a dozen 3's against us, otherwise they'll get blown out...

los
Recruit

Post by los » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:58 pm

I've been surprised at Hairston's overall game. He plays defense. I like the confidence he plays with. He has a swagger about him and Roy needs to play him more. I was also a bit surprised that Strickland was hitting outside shots because as we all know he's got an ugly looking shot and it scares the shit out of me whenever he shoots an outside shot.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Post by AlabamAlum » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:00 pm

None of this matters. Alabama plays' Shaka Khan's VCU Rams tonight at 8:30. The Tide is looking to improve to 7-0 on the season and with some luck will be close to cracking the top 10.

Grant Fever: Catch it!
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

los
Recruit

Post by los » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:03 pm

UNLV played out of their minds. They were an NCAA Tournament team returning 4 starters and their best player is that kid that transferred from UCLA.

I expect the Heels to come out and beat Wisconsin in a solid performance. Maybe it won't be a blowout but they should win comfortably. I don't know how good their shooters are but Wisconsin just seems like the type of team that scares me. I think last year they made a bunch of threes when they beat Ohio State.