Boston College Eagles

Moderators: Dr. Strangelove, AlabamAlum, innocentbystander

innocentbystander
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Boston College
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!

Re: Boston College Eagles

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:46 pm

aTm wrote:he got that one wrong, actually.
no its all good. Now that I think of it, I would rather not be the only BC fan here. Unfortunately I believe that they will all probably leave before the game against ZooMass on August 30th.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

claver2010
Recruit

Post by claver2010 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:33 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
no its all good. Now that I think of it, I would rather not be the only BC fan here. Unfortunately I believe that they will all probably leave before the game against ZooMass on August 30th.
When are you going to admit setting up the new name from Arizona and is the new name that you set up Mr. Moneypenny? The person behind that account seems to have similar posting styles to you.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:46 pm

claver2010 wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:
When are you going to admit setting up the new name from Arizona and is the new name that you set up Mr. Moneypenny? The person behind that account seems to have similar posting styles to you.
Never. Because I don't do that. You know that I don't ever create sock puppets. You have posted with me for years and I have never done that once, on any forum, anywhere. And I'm not going to start now.

And why don't I do that? Because what I write is (more often that not) sincere. It is my sincerity that drives the majority of other posters to want to communicate with me in some way (even if it is in anger or facetiousness.) It forces others to care about what I write (they care so much that they search the interwebs for me on other forums just to give me a hard time.) And I want ALL the credit for what I write to go to my one and only account. That may not be important to you, but it is important to me.

Moreover, keeping just one account proves that I am not a coward. I stand behind what I say and let the chip fall where they may. Life is much too short for sock puppet nonsense.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to both stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.

claver2010
Recruit

Post by claver2010 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:50 pm

So your birth certificate says "Innocent Bystander?" That's weird.

Also, do you choose not to use sock puppets because you are afraid you will stick your hand into ejaculate?

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:52 pm

claver2010 wrote:So your birth certificate says "Innocent Bystander?" That's weird.

Also, do you choose not to use sock puppets because you are afraid you will stick your hand into ejaculate?
Look are you going to bother to be over here at the goat pen after the 30th or not? Or maybe you haven't decided yet. aTm is not a nazi lunatic moderator the way at least one of the mods is over at EO (the one who should have his authority revoked immediately for abuse of his power.) Its a good forum here.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:59 pm

"Never. Because I don't do that. You know that I don't ever create sock puppets. You have posted with me for years and I have never done that once, on any forum, anywhere. And I'm not going to start now."

Well, I guess that settles it. It's not every day that one is presented with proof as ironclad as what IB has just laid down. I mean, if he had just stated it once, there would be room for doubt. Or even twice, that would be convincing, but still a little wiggle room for doubt. But no, he stated it THREE times (with the additional pledge - as if anyone would even question it - that he isn't going to start doing it now). You really can't argue with that...

"It is my sincerity that drives the majority of other posters to want to communicate with me in some way"

Yes, your sincere stupidity...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:04 pm

hedge wrote:"Never. Because I don't do that. You know that I don't ever create sock puppets. You have posted with me for years and I have never done that once, on any forum, anywhere. And I'm not going to start now."

Well, I guess that settles it. It's not every day that one is presented with proof as ironclad as what IB has just laid down. I mean, if he had just stated it once, there would be room for doubt. Or even twice, that would be convincing, but still a little wiggle room for doubt. But no, he stated it THREE times (with the additional pledge - as if anyone would even question - that he isn't going to start doing it now). You really can't argue with that...
It is not that I have offered any proof. I haven't. But if this is the real claver, then he already knows me well enough to know that I don't create sock puppets. And if its not the real claver, I don't care if he knows or doesn't know that I don't create sock puppets. Either way, I'm good.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:11 pm

How can anyone possibly know that some anonymous stranger on the internet hasn't created more than one moniker? We rarely know our own hearts, far less the hearts of others. Who can scour the secret nooks and crannies of another's soul? Esp. a soul as foul and pestilential as yours? No, IB, the answer to whether you have created sock puppets, either yea or nay, is known only to you. And maybe not even to you. But at any rate, for everyone else, "knowledge" of this sort is an epistemic impossibility. Don't ask it. By whatever gods or demi-devils you pray to, don't ask it...

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:22 pm

hedge wrote:How can anyone possibly know that some anonymous stranger on the internet hasn't created more than one moniker? We rarely know our own hearts, far less the hearts of others. Who can scour the secret nooks and crannies of another's soul? Esp. a soul as foul and pestilential as yours? No, IB, the answer to whether you have created sock puppets, either yea or nay, is known only to you. And maybe not even to you. But at any rate, for everyone else, "knowledge" of this sort is an epistemic impossibility. Don't ask it. By whatever gods or demi-devils you pray to, don't ask it...
Sure, whatever.

claver2010
Recruit

Post by claver2010 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:22 pm

hedge wrote:How can anyone possibly know that some anonymous stranger on the internet hasn't created more than one moniker? We rarely know our own hearts, far less the hearts of others. Who can scour the secret nooks and crannies of another's soul? Esp. a soul as foul and pestilential as yours? No, IB, the answer to whether you have created sock puppets, either yea or nay, is known only to you. And maybe not even to you. But at any rate, for everyone else, "knowledge" of this sort is an epistemic impossibility. Don't ask it. By whatever gods or demi-devils you pray to, don't ask it...
We exchange messages, both public and private, in an anonymous message board/blog. As a result, I plan to name my first child "Innocent" but likely only her middle name.

ChrisHansen
Recruit
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by ChrisHansen » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:25 pm

SHOW ME YOUR TRUE IDENTITY, COWARD

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:27 pm

claver2010 wrote:
We exchange messages, both public and private, in an anonymous message board/blog. As a result, I plan to name my first child "Innocent" but likely only her middle name.
I will not be able to make it out East this year for any of the games. I am sorry. I wanted to go to the ZooMass game not because I like that opponent but I had every intention of having a real acutal tailgate at a BC game for once (instead of just mooching breakfast burritos off the Rettigs and Amidons in Compton.)

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:28 pm

ChrisHansen wrote:
SHOW ME YOUR TRUE IDENTITY, COWARD
Heh, now we're talking.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

DomingoOrtiz
Recruit

Post by DomingoOrtiz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:39 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
claver2010 wrote:So your birth certificate says "Innocent Bystander?" That's weird.

Look are you going to bother to be over here at the goat pen after the 30th or not? Or maybe you haven't decided yet. aTm is not a nazi lunatic moderator the way at least one of the mods is over at EO (the one who should have his authority revoked immediately for abuse of his power.) Its a good forum here.

He allows meatbombing? A certain someone will be happy to hear that!

Mr. Moneypenny
Recruit
College Hoops Affiliation: Morehead State
Preferred Barbecue Style: White Sauce!

Post by Mr. Moneypenny » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:43 pm

I can vouch for IB. The only socks that he has are knee-high nylons for work (black and brown), tube socks for the weekends, and several pink socks that I have given him (my fault).

http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopi ... =11&t=4166

dave_rickart
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Virginia
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by dave_rickart » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:04 pm

who the hell still uses Sprint?
Home of the 2019 National Champions.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:19 pm

dave_rickart wrote:who the hell still uses Sprint?
people from North Carolina.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:24 pm

"I will not be able to make it out East this year for any of the games. I am sorry."

;-(

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:40 pm

innocentbystander wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
I will not be able to make it out East this year for any of the games. I am sorry. I wanted to go to the ZooMass game not because I like that opponent but I had every intention of having a real acutal tailgate at a BC game for once (instead of just mooching breakfast burritos off the Rettigs and Amidons in Compton.)
It sounds like this crew is really going to miss you.

innocentbystander
All-American

Post by innocentbystander » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Cletus wrote:It sounds like this crew is really going to miss you.
heh.

My physical presence at a tailgate will NOT (under any circumstances) be missed by anyone. No one cares. It appears (to me at least) the ONLY thing that people really "miss" in me, is my commentary at EO. They missed it so much, they came all the way over HERE to get it.

You guys must really be bored over there. The 30th of August can't get here soon enough. Then even my comments will not be missed.