Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:07 am

Oops. Looks like crash simultaneously agreed with me.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:58 am

Surely someone will link keystone and haliburton, then the sh!t will fit the han.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:02 am

Haliburton is secretly controlled by Putin and the Russians. Dick Cheney is just a front man.

Moreover, Halliburton is a racistsexistbigotedhomophobictransphobic company.
At least the Keystone pipeline got approved somewhere in the middle of all that mess. At this point, I give an F on what he says. But I give him an A on what he has done.
Getting out of TPP: Good.
Federal hiring freeze (with the proviso that retirement checks keep going out on time and in their full amount): Good.
Use of the words "Islamic" and "terrorist" in the same sentence: Good.
Two attempts to ban travel from Islamic terrorist-infested countries: Good.
Intervention to keep businesses from moving US jobs overseas: Good.
Started rolling back federal regulations that destroy jobs: Good.
A budget that increases defense spending and prunes back wasteful bureaucracies like the EPA: Good.
Started the process of building the wall: Good.
Enforcing federal immigration law and punishing illegal immigrants who commit violent crimes: Good.
Laying the groundwork for punishing sanctuary cities: Good.
Not laying the groundwork for deporting Dreamers and other non-felonious illegal immigrants already here: Good.
Directly punching the MSM in the face for their steady fake news and overall ultra-liberal bias: Good.
Informing the Chinese and the obese teenager running North Korea that the era of US patience with the NORKS is over: Good.
Vigorously attempted to repeal and replace Obamacare: Good.

And, perhaps the most important, the nomination of Gorsuch for SCOTUS (with the proviso that he is eventually sworn in):

AWESOME.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:44 am

Toemeesleather wrote:Surely someone will link keystone and haliburton, then the sh!t will fit the han.
Clearly this administration has linked keystone with a certain segment of law enforcement...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:32 am

hedge wrote:
Clearly this administration has linked keystone with a certain segment of law enforcement...
:::whooooosh:::
Vigorously attempted to repeal and replace Obamacare: good.
lmao Disenganged from the process, ignorant of the process, ignorant of the main provisions of the bill, waited until two days before the vote to get his hands dirty. Vigorously lackadaisical, for sure.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:35 am

Trump Administration Attempted to Block Sally Yates from Testifying at Russian Hearings - Wash Post 2 hrs ago

holy shit

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Ford cancelling previous plan to build new plant in Mexico. Instead, they are investing $1.2 billion in 3 plants in Detroit, creating 700 new jobs. The president of Ford credits Trump:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStor ... s-46419207

This is why blue collars in the Midwest voted for Trump, not gossip in the MSM about who said what to who in NY or DC.
Last edited by Professor Tiger on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:45 pm

"they are investing $1.2 billion in 3 plants in Detroit, creating 700 new jobs"

That's almost $2 million per job. Sounds like a savvy investment...

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:50 pm

bluetick wrote:Trump Administration Attempted to Block Sally Yates from Testifying at Russian Hearings - Wash Post 2 hrs ago

holy shit
More fake news from WaPo. The White House didn't try to stop her from testifying. Her lawyer wrote a letter to the DOJ asking them whether she could testify. The DOJ referred that question to the White House - the actual place where Trump works. The White House is letting her testify, even though they could have prevented it under the communications privilege. This according to those notorious suck up's to Trump, CNN:
"The White House has taken no action to prevent Sally Yates from testifying and the Department of Justice, specifically told her that it would not stop her and to suggest otherwise is completely irresponsible," deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement to CNN.

The statement came after The Washington Post reported that the Trump administration sought to block Yates' testimony before Congress, citing a Justice Department letter to Yates' attorney that said Yates' communications with the White House counsel "are likely covered by the presidential communications privilege."

"There is no letter from the White House because Yates attorney's letter clearly states a non-response will be seen as the White House not asserting executive privilege," the official said. "So our non-response clearly allows her to freely move forward with testifying."

Yates' attorney David O'Neil said in a letter Friday to White House Counsel Don McGahn that Yates would go forward with her testimony and "conclude that the White House does not assert executive privilege" if he did not receive a response by Monday.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/28/politics/ ... ite-house/
This WaPo story is just another example of a MSM that makes fake news that facilitates loony liberal conspiracy theories.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:08 pm

hedge wrote:"they are investing $1.2 billion in 3 plants in Detroit, creating 700 new jobs"

That's almost $2 million per job. Sounds like a savvy investment...
That post is a perfect example why the Dem's lost the Midwest and the last election. I still miss the good old days when Democrats thought US companies investing $1.2b in the US and creating 700 new jobs in Detroit was a good thing instead of something to be ridiculed.

Cletus
The Dick Cheney of the Internet
College Hoops Affiliation: Georgetown

Post by Cletus » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:56 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:Ford cancelling previous plan to build new plant in Mexico. Instead, they are investing $1.2 billion in 3 plants in Detroit, creating 700 new jobs. The president of Ford credits Trump:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStor ... s-46419207

This is why blue collars in the Midwest voted for Trump, not gossip in the MSM about who said what to who in NY or DC.
Did you read the article? Trump had nothing to do with this.

"The investments were in the works well before Trump took office, however. Ford announced plans to upgrade some of its Michigan plants in November 2015 as part of a new contract with the United Auto Workers union.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:00 pm

Professor Tiger wrote:
This WaPo story is just another example of a MSM that makes fake news that facilitates loony liberal conspiracy theories.
Not fake news. The WaPo said exactly what occurred: Trump's DOJ sent a letter to Yate's lawyer saying that Yates conversations with the WH counsel were covered under presidential communications privilege. More from CNN:

The DOJ letter was sent on the same day that Chairman Nunes canceled a previously scheduled hearing where Yates was scheduled to testify about ties between Trump advisers and Russian officials. Yates briefed Trump's WH counsel on former national security adviser Michael Flynn's meeting with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

Not fake, real. And Nunes has said nyet to open hearings...why, professor? Who is Nunes working for?

Another question: what are these 'looney liberal conspiracy theories' of which you speak? Be specific, if you can. They may be worth a closer look..

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Senate to Question Kushner Over Undisclosed Meeting with Russian Banker - ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, BBC, WSJ, CNN, NYT, WP, WNBA, WWE, MLB, NBA, NFL, USGA, AT&T, DDT, KKK

Prof: "Looney lefties, fake news, maybe Putin will show instead, no more Stoli and OJ, Hillary did worse, Trump is going down eventually BUT THIS RUSSIA STUFF IS A FARCE!"

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:18 pm

KKK??

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:24 pm

hedge wrote:KKK??
eclectic mix...didn't wanna leave out the far right

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 pm

tick, keep your fingers crossed. Obama, any day, could ride on his horse from Kalomara and put Hillary in the White House. It will be glorious.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... rats-trump

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:08 pm

I believe the next man up is actually a man, sardis. And while I don't agree with many (or any) of Pence's politics, I suspect he's relatively sane, somewhat honest, and not a self-promoting insatiably-greedy mofo. I bet you do too.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:47 pm

Paul Manafort Paid Millions by Russian Olligarch to Advance Putin's Status in U.S. - Asssociated Press

U.S. Treasury Investigating Possible Manafort Money-Laundering in Cypress- Reuters

You kinda get an idea where a yuge thread is starting to unravel.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:00 am

The more folks hear from Hillary/Koppel, the better.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:01 am

Theresa May vowed to restore Britain's 'self-determination' as our historic EU divorce letter was finally delivered to Brussels today - including a stark warning that trying to punish the UK would be a 'costly mistake'.

The Prime Minister delivered an upbeat vision of a country whose 'best days lie ahead' as she confirmed her envoy Sir Tim Barrow had handed the formal notification to European Council president Donald Tusk in Brussels.