Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:36 am

crotch wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:14 am Keep in mind that whenever a poll is taken, over half of those are democrats who would never give Trump a good approval rating... and then you have the Republican never-trumpets who don't support him.
And you know this as fact how? The rest of your post isn't worth replaying since it's so wrong

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by aTm » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:53 pm

read an update on the Carson King story

looks like they fired the reporter, but that is a chickenshit move on their part. The reporter just doesn't get to publish something without an editor's approval - and they admit they made the decision to include the tweets in the story to tell the reader the "complete" story about Carson and whether he was worthy of their attention in the first place.

I love that the Iowans who wrote in overwhelmingly favored Carson and told them to get their shit together. IN an era where newspapers are struggling to survive, taking down a kid in a feel good story because you want to be part of the cancel culture is a bad, bad move.

There should be some editors standing in the soup line along with that reporter.
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Agreed. What they did was bullshit

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:21 pm

Bama dean of students resigns because of the American flag.....another liberal nut job

https://www.dailywire.com/news/universi ... nk-berrien

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:43 am

This is the level of absurdity against Donald Trump.

I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:48 am

This is fun! Watching his meltdown facinates me.

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:23 am

I doubt many in congress are eager to take up the issue of family members and friends being given cushy "jobs" or seats on boards merely b/c of the person's relationship to themselves, i.e., congressmen. I doubt there are more than a handful of them whose family members or close friends haven't gotten such perks. Not saying it's right or even OK, but I suspect it's rampant...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:37 am

I'm all for discouraging nepotism and sweetheart perks for family members. There oughta be strict laws, ya' know? Same with regulating lobbyists and corporate campaign donations. You have to wonder if our lawmakers drag their feet on matters of improper influence (and big bags of cash).

Meanwhile: "I hereby command that my accuser shall be brought before me." Threats of vengeance and civil war?
Your president has lost his shit.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:56 am

doesn't everyone have a right to face their accuser? especially when the DOJ changes the rules so that hearsay is an acceptable form to support an investigation.

The civil war comment was unhinged but I like it. Essentially the last 2 years have been about the Democrats punishing America for voting wrong, and throwing about a few Molon Labe comments keeps their attention. From supporting Antifa to Jussie Smollet, unhinged can accurately describe alot of people, not just Trump.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:07 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFfr9U_W4AA ... me=900x900

Again, another moment of perspective here, read that link and then tell me how congress has any right to act at the moment with impeachment based on credible, actionable evidence

its not that Trump did or did not do it, no one on this planet would be surprised to know he pushed the Ukraine to go after Biden's son (kinda like how Hillary, acting secretary of state went after Trump, but lets move on) - this is about what has happened since the election. Democrats can't bring down a duly elected president so they look to change the rules - electoral college, supreme court appointees, tax records to be on the ballot, among the things off the top of my head - and now allowing hearsay to drive the impeachment process.

this is a legislative attempted coup - and while that sounds like hyperbole, it is not. They have literally changed the rules since the whistleblower report to 1. allow it and 2. let congress see it - in both cases there is law that prevents both of those from happening and its being bypassed or has changed since the submission.

One day there will be democratic president and this is all going to come back to haunt them.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:25 am

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:09 am

That old couple deserved it. They are white, old, and therefore racists.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:12 pm

I think 99.9% of the population does not support that type of bullshit. To say that "this is the left" is just plain stupid...

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:39 pm

sure seems like more than >.1% of the population supports that kind of behavior.

From BLM protests resulting in cops getting killed to mayors telling the police to stand down to Antifa violence at Berkley

seems like accosting an old couple out for a walk would be minor in the scale of acceptable tolerance for them

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:57 pm

The internet is also not real life. Sure reasonable left leaning folks who happen to see it online like you did aren't going to support this (many will also rationalize it away, like oh theres always bad apples or something if they do see it), but the fact is that very few people are even going to see this video, and all they will ever hear about Antifa in the mainstream media at all is that they "protest against fascists" in a story that is mainly about whoever it is they are "protesting". And even then the most important detail about them (the fact that their idea of "protest" is intimidation and violence and is NOT peaceable assembly-on display in that video) will be completely left out.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:03 pm

It's the same with for-real white supremacists, etc, they aren't "the right" in exactly the same way (and probably in similar proportion) as antifa, etc, aren't "the left". But if you only watch Fox News or MSNBC, you might not guess that or rather be told that...

The other thing is, Hannity gets about 3 million viewers and Rachel Maddow isn't far behind. Whatever the rest of the yahoos on Fox and MSNBC are getting, it's basically the same people (although not as many) who are watching Hannity/Maddow. So basically 1% of the country is watching either Fox News or MSNBC on a given night. 1%. And yet they both purport to speak for "the right" or "the left", which just isn't true. Most, i.e., the vast majority, of the real right and left are busy doing other things and watching other programs than hanging on every word that Hannity and Maddow (etc) are spouting every night. And just by the law of averages, not everybody who is watching either of them are rabidly all-in on whatever they are peddling at any given time. Many, sure, and perhaps most, but not all. And remember, we're talking about 1% of the population who is watching any of them at any given time....

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:11 pm

I don't know how anyone can listen to a talking head just pander to them all day long.

"you're outraged! after these commercials I am going to tell you why!"

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:24 pm

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:27 pm

Never watched a political talk show in my life. I'm not insecure enough to let someone else influence my opinions. And although I'm gonna throw up, I agree with hedge.