Moderators: eCat, hedge, Cletus

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Re: Florida State Seminoles

Post by aTm » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:41 am

It would be fascinating to see what would come up if like someone from one of our historical boards ran for President. In the mean time, enjoy this, supposedly by Beto O'Rourke (Psychedelic Warlord) in 1988.
The catacombs of my head produce the most wonderful dreams and visions.
I feel that I am one with my intellect and my soul. It was during these
dreams and visions that I concocted a notion. It started as something
small at first, but after every dream it grew stronger, until the urge
had become too great. No longer could this strong desire in my mind be
suppressed. Recognizing this fact, my one and only goal in life became
the termination of everything that was free and loving. Only I could
realize the true value of loving and expression. Only in my dreams.

This feeling pervaded everything in my life, yet the first few months
after realizing my goal, I had done nothing. Then one day, as I was
driving home from work, I noticed two children crossing the street. They
were happy, happy to be free from their troubles. I knew, however, that
this happiness and sense of freedom were much too overwhelming for them.
This happiness was mine by right. I had earned it in my dreams. As I
neared the young ones, I put all my weight on my right foot, keeping
the accelerator pedal on the floor until I heard the crashing of the
two children on the hood, and then the sharp cry of pain from one of
the two. I was so fascinated for a moment, that when after I had stopped
my vehicle, I just sat in a daze, sweet visions filling my head. My
dream was abruptly ended when I heard a loud banging on the front
window. It was an old man, who was using his cane to awaken me. He might
have been a witness to my act of love. I was not sure, nor did I care.
It was simply ecstasy. As I drove home, I envisioned myself committing
more of these "acts of love", and after a while, I had no trouble carrying
them out.

The more people I killed, the longer my dreams were. I soon quit my job,
and stayed at my house in an almost comatose state. My dreams grew longer
and more vivid. They kept me alive and proved to be the only thing
to live for. I had killed nearly 38 people by the time of my twenty-third
birthday, and each one was more fulfilling than the last.

I was never really surprised at how I evaded the police. My dreams
had taken over my life, and they guided me through the right path, and
I never had need for fear of police. Or anything, for that matter.

===============================================================================
(c)opy-write 1988 cDc communications by Psychedelic Warlord 8/28/88-73
All Rights, Of Course, Are Shit In Their Worth
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

eCat
Mr. Pissant
College Hoops Affiliation: Kentucky
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:00 am

if true that ends his presidential aspirations, what little he realistically had to begin with
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:02 am

Jungle Rat wrote:And how many of the Dayton 9 were killed by 58 friendly fire shots?
Never answered

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:32 am

Jungle Rat wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:And how many of the Dayton 9 were killed by 58 friendly fire shots?
Never answered

none

but the question I'm looking to answer is how many would be dead if 25% of the crowd there were CCW holders and carrying?
I like the stinky pinky but only up to the first knuckle, I do not want a GD thumb up there--I've told her multiple times and I always catch her when she tries to pull a fast one---it's my butthole for Chrissakes I'm gonna know--so cut out the BS.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:36 am

Beto was 16 in 1988. I think we can probably give him a pass for such shit. He has enough to attack on his politics.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:39 am

eCat wrote:
Jungle Rat wrote:
Never answered

none

but the question I'm looking to answer is how many would be dead if 25% of the crowd there were CCW holders and carrying?
Most likey more with 25% of the crowd shooting

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:43 am

its possible but if my child were out in that situation, I'd rather take my chances with an armed populace than a loved one fending off a psycho while waiting for an average police response of 11 minutes.

tell me you wouldn't

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:45 am

I wouldn't.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:45 am

The best thing that could happen to Trump is for the Dems to nominate a progressive pushing single payer health insurance, gun control and open borders....

---------------------------------------------------------
Democrats insist there’s no more urgent job than ensuring Donald Trump is a one-term president. Which is odd, given how hard they are simultaneously working to alienate the voters they most need to make that happen. See this week’s debate on gun control.
-
The weekend’s shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, inspired the entire liberal-media complex to chant “gun control,” reflexively and predictably. A favorite demand is to expand background checks—never mind that these mass shooters, and those of recent years, bought their guns legally and therefore passed such checks. Another is an “assault weapons” ban—never mind that “assault” weapons function in the same way as tens of millions of other semi-automatic rifles that would remain in circulation.

But the Democratic presidential candidates went further. It is not enough, they insisted, to expand background checks or limit types of firearms going forward. What is needed is to take guns away and to make it harder for law-abiding Americans to own them. They at least get credit for being more honest about the left’s gun intentions.

Texas’ former Rep. Beto O’Rourke said he is now “open” to a “mandatory” government gun-buying program—a polite way to describe confiscation of entire classes of firearms.

New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker highlighted his plan to require every American to obtain a federal “license” to purchase a firearm. Responsible gun owners would have to submit fingerprints, pass an interview, and take safety courses to obtain even a .22-caliber long rifle. And they’d have to repeat the process every five years.

California Sen. Kamala Harris has vowed to ignore Congress and impose gun regulations via executive action. She’d ban certain firearm imports and sue gun manufacturers for “negligence,” among other things. As for former Vice President Joe Biden, CNN asked him if gun owners should worry that a Biden administration “is going to come for my guns.” He answered: “Bingo. You’re right if you have an assault weapon. The fact of the matter is, they should be illegal, period.”

The media is cheering all this on, as well as highlighting polls that claim majorities of Americans support this or that gun-control proposal. But polls are quick snapshots of tiny pools of Americans, often answering vaguely worded policy questions. This is a shoddy, and politically dangerous, way of measuring attitudes on a subject voters take seriously.
Especially for Democrats, who spent much of 2017 lamenting their failure to connect with white working-class Americans, many of whom live in rural areas. These are the coal and oil workers they are now promising to put out of jobs with their climate plans; the union members and housewives they label as “white supremacists.” And they are gun owners who, unlike most journalists, deeply understand firearms and view these proposals as a threat.

The Pew Research Center’s 2017 study of the “demographics of gun ownership” found that 42% of American adults live in a household with a firearm. Some 58% of rural Americans live in a gun household, as do 48% of independents and 41% of suburbanites. Forty-eight percent of white men personally own a gun. A quarter of self-identified Democrats live in a gun household—many in those rural and suburban areas of Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin where Hillary Clinton lost and the Democratic nominee will desperately need to win in 2020.

Just as striking are gun owners’ attitudes about their Second Amendment rights. Nearly three-quarters of the Americans who currently own a gun say they “can’t see themselves ever not owning one.” Pew reports that “for today’s gun owners, the right to own guns nearly rivals other rights laid out in the U.S. Constitution”—including “freedom of speech, the right to vote, the right to privacy, and freedom of religion.” It notes that “about three-quarters of gun owners (74%) say this right is essential to their own sense of freedom.”
Presumably none of the Democratic candidates is foolhardy enough to call for bans on voting or going to church. Yet millions of Americans—including independents and Democrats—will see their gun-ban and licensing proposals as the equivalent. This isn’t your usual debate over tax rates or health-care providers; these proposals are deal breakers. That Democrats don’t realize this is a function of a striking party and media insularity from “flyover” America.

Mass shootings are a terrible problem, but they won’t be solved with gun regulation. And no competitive politician will be rewarded for offending law-abiding gun owners—and the Constitution—with radical proposals that won’t achieve their objectives. Democrats write off gun-owning America at their peril.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:48 am

Jungle Rat wrote:I wouldn't.
yesterday

An off-duty firefighter who had a firearm with him stopped a potential attack from taking place at a Walmart in Missouri after a 20-year-old man showed up to the store with a rifle, body armor, and over 100 rounds of ammunition.

KOLR news anchor tweeted "20-year-old man with rifle, handgun & body armor arrested at Walmart on Republic. SFD Police say he had 100+ rounds of ammunition. Off-duty firefighter with concealed carry gun held him at gunpoint until officers arrived about 3 minutes later"

9 people dead in 32 seconds........................

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:50 am

AlabamAlum wrote:Beto was 16 in 1988. I think we can probably give him a pass for such shit. He has enough to attack on his politics.
did you write prose about running over children when you were 16? I know I didn't, and even at 16, I would have been disturbed to know one of my classmates did.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 am

I wouldn't because in that situation within a bar district most likely 30% or more are buzzed or high. The firefighter wasn't in an active shooter situation which was the topic.

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:59 am

Jungle Rat wrote:I wouldn't because in that situation within a bar district most likely 30% or more are buzzed or high. The firefighter wasn't in an active shooter situation which was the topic.
he prevented an active shooter situation - which is absolutely the topic

if a shooter believes based on some variation of empirical evidence that 25% of the crowd is armed and will put a bullet in his head before he gets a shot off, he isn't as likely to see mass shooting as his moment

however he is still crazy and will seek another opportunity to kill - which is the real problem that no one is willing to take action against.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:05 am

Potentially. The dude was filming himself instead of shooting.

AlabamAlum
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: Alabama

Post by AlabamAlum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:29 am

eCat wrote:
AlabamAlum wrote:Beto was 16 in 1988. I think we can probably give him a pass for such shit. He has enough to attack on his politics.
did you write prose about running over children when you were 16? I know I didn't, and even at 16, I would have been disturbed to know one of my classmates did.
No. But I did plenty of awful shit that would be unfair to judge me on now. I didn't take his juvenile horror thing seriously. And absent something in concert with this melodramatic Stephen King-wannabe narrative, it just gives me a giant meh vibe. Find where he tortured animals or anything substantive to go with his murder story and it's relevant. Otherwise, it's nothing but a 16-year-old penning a shock piece.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity."
— Abraham Lincoln

Yes, I still miss Coach Bryant.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)
College Hoops Affiliation: Eastern Kentucky

Post by crotch » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:43 am

[tweet]1159492831309791232[/tweet]

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:46 am

[tweet]1159541254264250369[/tweet]

eCat
Mr. Pissant

Post by eCat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:38 pm

AlabamAlum wrote:
eCat wrote:
No. But I did plenty of awful shit that would be unfair to judge me on now. I didn't take his juvenile horror thing seriously. And absent something in concert with this melodramatic Stephen King-wannabe narrative, it just gives me a giant meh vibe. Find where he tortured animals or anything substantive to go with his murder story and it's relevant. Otherwise, it's nothing but a 16-year-old penning a shock piece.

well maybe

but its disturbing to know that he's capable of those thoughts in the public eye.

crotch
Senior (Citizen)

Post by crotch » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:32 pm

[tweet]1159860307218616320[/tweet]

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Heh. That Walmart kid from Missouri says he wanted to protect himself.