Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:37 pm

[youtube]vf9K5KEs4rE[/youtube]
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:41 pm

I saw a t-shirt in Columbia this past weekend that said "Make America Dank Again"...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Was that "Columbia" or "Colombia"?
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

bluetick
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by bluetick » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:15 am

wow

"Can't Imagine a President Trump": Another Conservative Paper Endorses Clinton - Associated Press

The San Diego Union-Tribune, long a bastion of conservatism in the West, broke a 148-year-long streak of endorsing Republicans for president and told its readers on Friday to vote for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump.
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Speaking of endorsements, Clintons give a glowing endorsement of Obamacare...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/04/politics/ ... index.html

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:46 pm

Yes, 40% premium increases and $5,000 deductibles solve all the health care concerns of poor people.

Also, people interested in self-defense are getting ready for POTUS Hillary....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/04/si ... ecord.html
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:08 am

News flash: President Obama didn’t learn anything in eight years in the White House. And he’s proud of it.

As Obama admitted in an interview with New York magazine: “If you go back and you read speeches I made when I was running for the US Senate in 2003, or if you go back further and you look at statements I made when I was on the Harvard Law Review, my worldview is pretty consistent.”

The comment was a point of pride, which makes it doubly tragic. Once the smartest man in the room, always the smartest man in the room.

Never mind that the world is on fire, that America is polarized, angry and scared. Or that ObamaCare is a sick patient, that the economy is growing at a snail’s pace and that many cities are racial war zones.

It’s not Obama’s fault. None of it. He would do it all again.

With voters fixated on his successor, Obama is fixated on his legacy. A large part of his effort on the way out the door is explaining what he did, and insisting that what he did was right. Always.

There’s no news there, but there is some valuable insight from the ways he defends the indefensible. Let it be a warning to Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton about the pitfalls of the power they are seeking.

If nothing else, the winner should take the oath of office next January armed with the knowledge that hubris is the common thread in Obama’s many failures.

For example, the president says his secret sauce was that he “trusted my judgment” but didn’t “trust the noise out there,” meaning Republicans, talk radio, cable TV and pretty much everybody else who didn’t agree with him.

At some point, he said, he concluded his critics were “not even trying to be fair-minded in their assessments or recommendations,” and he found that liberating because he could ignore them.

Whether it was enforcing his red line in Syria, which he didn’t, or substituting executive orders for congressional action, he expressed no regret. He was right and everybody else was wrong.

It’s a remarkable notion, yet plainly a trend when government is the largest special interest, one that uses and abuses its power to look out for itself. Especially under liberals, it only admits failure to demand more power.

This is no small feat. Consider that way back in the reign of George W. Bush, it was universally accepted that a president ought to be held accountable for national problems. A war that didn’t work out as planned, a natural disaster or an economic one all fell on the head of the occupant of the Oval Office.

But Obama and his apologists cleverly reversed the dynamic. Now the American public is to blame when things go wrong.

It’s because people are “deplorables” or some other ignorant form of life that leads them to resist wise choices government makes for them. If only the people were smart enough and honest enough to understand how lucky they are, the country would be better off.

Throughout this interview and others, it is clear that Obama is leaving office with both his worldview and his prejudices firmly intact. Recall that during the 2008 campaign, talking to donors in San Francisco, he said that white working-class people in Pennsylvania and places like it were falling behind economically and “they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them.”

That’s the most quoted part of his remarks, but the rest of it was equally snobbish: Those same people, he said, also cling to “anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

Imagine if Obama had listened to those people, instead of shutting them out as noise. Imagine if he seen their problems as legitimate, instead of seeing them as backwoods bigots.

But he didn’t, and so he leaves the country more bitterly divided than when he began. And, as I have said before, Trump’s rise through his focus on immigration and trade are a big part of Obama’s legacy.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:54 am

"Never mind that the world is on fire, that America is polarized, angry and scared."

I'm not angry or scared...

hedge
Legend

Post by hedge » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:55 am

"Imagine if he seen their problems as legitimate, instead of seeing them as backwoods bigots."

Unlike Obama, I have learned something in the past 8 years from being in this shit hole, to wit, they are backwoods bigots and their problems aren't legitimate...

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:57 am

Toemeesleather wrote:News flash: President Obama didn’t learn anything in eight years in the White House. And he’s proud of it.
Gallup has Obama's approval rating at 54% vs 43% disapproval. http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/gallu ... roval.aspx

Imagine how high it would be if he had learned anything - it'd be YUGE!

Michael Goodwin was a credible journalist . . . 20 years ago. He's a Giuliani knob polisher. His gravitating to the Wing Nut sector of the GOP has caused him to migrate from the NY Times to the Daily News and now to the Post. Next stop - National Enquirer.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:11 am

Mike Pence Ditches Donald Trump, Starts His 2020 Run at VP Debate
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... k-dog.html

Reports suggest Donald Trump is unhappy with Mike Pence for winning the VP debate
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/ ... mp-unhappy
Trump adviser on debate after Pence passed up opportunities to defend him: "Pence won overall, but lost with Trump"

aTm
Muad'Dib
College Hoops Affiliation: Texas A&M

Post by aTm » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:32 am

So...Pence beats Caine (I guess, not watching that shit, but seems to be the reaction) and the spin from left leaning sites is that it has to do with 2020 not with winning this year? LOL. People that really care about following politics are such douchebag fanboys.
Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Gallup has Obama's approval rating at 54%

With NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, WP, NYT, LAT...squarely in your corner, 54% seems totally achievable.

Oh, and what ever level of buffoonery you assign to Trump, double it for Kaine.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Toemeesleather wrote:Gallup has Obama's approval rating at 54%

With NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, WP, NYT, LAT...squarely in your corner, 54% seems totally achievable.
HRC approves this message.

Toemeesleather
Senior

Post by Toemeesleather » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:04 pm

For HRC, you'd have to modify and add FBI.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:18 pm

Correct. The Attorney General secretly meets with Bill Clinton with an active investigation on Hillary going on.
The FBI gives immunity to all the key players in the email case.
The FBI lets the witnesses destroy their own laptops.

That was a bogus investigation all along.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:45 pm

FBI director Comey, was a registered Republican who made monetary donations to the presidential campaign of John McCain in 2008 and Mitt Romney in 2012

So why can't repubs bring her down? Issa and Gowdy had 9 swings at her re: Benghazi, and then the email thingy. If she's that cagey-good then she really ought to be president, right?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:46 pm

If she's that cagey-good then she really ought to be president, right?
I think the word is "sneaky."

In other news, I'm glad to see that TV ratings for NFL games have plunged this year, after a long period of steady growth. It appears that NFL fans don't like it when players are trying to propagandize them, and they are voting with their remotes. Bravo.

Now, I hope the same thing happens to the NCAA and the ACC. They are punishing the state of North Carolina for keeping male perverts out of women's public bathrooms. I hope the ACC Championship is played on C-SPAN for lack of viewership elsewhere.

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:12 pm

This year our clowns in the TN legislature passed new DUI laws that ran counter to federal standards, which as a result was going to cost the state several millions in fed highway dollars. So our GOP governor called a special session of his GOP legislature just so they could repeal the bill and save Tennesseans 60 mil. Bravo, idiots.

North Carolina doesn't have a problem with bathroom perverts and never has, and nobodies even come up with a plan of enforcement even if it did. Killing HB.2 would save the state over a billion at least. Wtf are they waiting on?

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Killing HB.2 would save the state over a billion at least. Wtf are they waiting on?
For the hectors of political correctness to leave them alone.