Moderators: The Talent, Hacksaw, bluetick, puterbac, 10ac

Johnette's Daddy
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: USC
Preferred Barbecue Style: Vinegar!
Mascot Fight: Bear/Grizzly/Etc

Re: Puterbac News Network and Political Discussion Thread

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:49 am

Professor Tiger wrote:But I thought the whole point of this routine exercise is to blame it all on slavery, Jim Crowe, the KKK, the Nazis, Republicans, George Bush, conspiracies, The Man, and above all, whitey!? And then, logically, start looting and burning down businesses in your own neighborhood.

That's the time-honored template. What am I missing here?
Chicago Police Dept. Plagued by Systemic Racism, Task Force Finds
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/14/us/ch ... .html?_r=0

Curb your sarcasm. Every time they do an evidenced based, data driven study, the answer comes back: systemic racism. Blame FDR. Blame Ted Kennedy. Blame the Librul Lamestream Media - but the objective record consistently and invariably says there is a significant racial bias against black people that permeates American society. That's not scapegoating - that's data.

I know white Americans are tired of feeling guilty and think that they are disconnected by time from the injustices of the past - "we let those people have a black president!" - but systemic problems aren't fixed by saying "sorry, now suck it up and move on." You have to actually fix the problems.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:06 am

BigRedMan wrote:Where are us white folks meeting up to start looting and rioting? I could use a Galaxy 7 and couple of IPADs for Xmas gifts this year.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/14/body-cam-v ... rmed-teen/
When White Folks Riot, They Do It Right:
https://mic.com/articles/116680/11-stun ... .sYf1ElO1g

"One report from Reuters called it "fans taking to the streets." The San Francisco Chronicle's headline noted "40 arrests, two shootings in Giants fan revelry." Couches burned, buildings were hit with graffiti and businesses were vandalized. But neither story characterized the incident as a "riot.""

"As ESPN noted, nearly 100 people were arrested and almost 150 injured in a riot that included the burning of 15 cars and vandalism of approximately 50 businesses. "Total damages are expected to run well into the millions of dollars," ESPN reported. "

"As the Baltimore Sun noted, eight rapes were reported, one person died and 80 were injured after the Detroit Tigers won their first World Series in more than a decade."

"Fans set nearly 90 fires, tore down an Ohio Stadium goal post, according to the Associated Press."

"CNN reported that "some in the crowd vandalized property, set fires and tried to overturn cars. At least eight people were arrested." One woman, journalism student Victoria Snelgrove, died after a police pepper spray projectile fatally struck her in the head."

"As Mic noted in October, "CNN reported that those involved — many of whom were students at nearby Keene State College — yelled expletives at police, started fires, flipped cars and tore down street signs." One participant even told CNN that "revolting from the cops" was a "rush" because "it's a blast doing things you aren't supposed to do.""

"As ESPN noted, "Michigan State students have rioted numerous times in East Lansing in recent decades, most notably after NCAA tournament losses in 1999, 2003 and 2005."

So, to recap: Black people riot as a reaction to perceived racial injustices. White people riot when their team wins (or loses) a game.
Last edited by Johnette's Daddy on Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
During a press conference later, O'Mara was asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, and he answered, "Pay me."

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy
College Hoops Affiliation: Florida
Preferred Barbecue Style: Tomato!
Mascot Fight: Croc/Gator/Etc

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:07 am

Listen to the po po no matter what. It's that simple. But, tazers must always be used first unless the suspect draws a gun. Then, game on. The dude with car trouble "Big Bad Man" couldn't have been reaching into his car as the window was up. Cops need better training but remember, they were bullies in high school or military wannabes. In Charlotte, it's a bit different. A black cops shot the fatal bullet. Why they are rioting is beyond me but hey, its Charlotte. Not the greatest town to find hi IQs.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:09 am

Johnette's Daddy wrote:
BigRedMan wrote:Where are us white folks meeting up to start looting and rioting? I could use a Galaxy 7 and couple of IPADs for Xmas gifts this year.

"One report from Reuters called it "fans taking to the streets." The San Francisco Chronicle's headline noted "40 arrests, two shootings in Giants fan revelry." Couches burned, buildings were hit with graffiti and businesses were vandalized. But neither story characterized the incident as a "riot.""

"As ESPN noted, nearly 100 people were arrested and almost 150 injured in a riot that included the burning of 15 cars and vandalism of approximately 50 businesses. "Total damages are expected to run well into the millions of dollars," ESPN reported. "

"As the Baltimore Sun noted, eight rapes were reported, one person died and 80 were injured after the Detroit Tigers won their first World Series in more than a decade."

"Fans set nearly 90 fires, tore down an Ohio Stadium goal post, according to the Associated Press."

"CNN reported that "some in the crowd vandalized property, set fires and tried to overturn cars. At least eight people were arrested." One woman, journalism student Victoria Snelgrove, died after a police pepper spray projectile fatally struck her in the head."

"As Mic noted in October, "CNN reported that those involved — many of whom were students at nearby Keene State College — yelled expletives at police, started fires, flipped cars and tore down street signs." One participant even told CNN that "revolting from the cops" was a "rush" because "it's a blast doing things you aren't supposed to do.""

"As ESPN noted, "Michigan State students have rioted numerous times in East Lansing in recent decades, most notably after NCAA tournament losses in 1999, 2003 and 2005."

So, to recap: Black people riot as a reaction to perceived racial injustices. White people riot when their team wins (or loses) a game.
Of course. It's a happy riot.

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:16 am

Jungle Rat wrote:Listen to the po po no matter what. It's that simple. But, tazers must always be used first unless the suspect draws a gun. Then, game on. The dude with car trouble "Big Bad Man" couldn't have been reaching into his car as the window was up. Cops need better training but remember, they were bullies in high school or military wannabes. In Charlotte, it's a bit different. A black cops shot the fatal bullet. Why they are rioting is beyond me but hey, its Charlotte. Not the greatest town to find hi IQs.
And that is what most of us teach our kids . . . but the inherent racism is that PLENTY of white folks sass the cops and live. The black ones - men, women and children - die.

Jungle Rat
The Pied Piper of Crazy

Post by Jungle Rat » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:04 pm

Don't sass.

10ac
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Tennessee

Post by 10ac » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:22 pm

Johnette's Daddy wrote:

I didn't see race mentioned. I must have missed it.
Let 'er Blow!

sardis
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Villanova

Post by sardis » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:28 pm

I guess Giants have an all white fan base...

hedge
Legend
College Hoops Affiliation: North Carolina

Post by hedge » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:47 pm

Well, it is San Francisco, black people can't afford to live there...
I want someone's ass blistered in the middle of Thanksgiving Square.

Professor Tiger
All-American
College Hoops Affiliation: Auburn
Mascot Fight: Big Cat/Tiger/Lion/Etc

Post by Professor Tiger » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:29 pm

It's all Kaepernick's fault.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:25 pm

10ac wrote:
Johnette's Daddy wrote:

. . .
I didn't see race mentioned. I must have missed it.
Click the link. Look at the pictures

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:39 pm

hedge wrote:Well, it is San Francisco, black people can't afford to live there...
Seriously. The black population in San Fran is less than half of what is was 55 years ago.

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:03 am

Those were all Yankees. That's expected.
Let 'er Blow!

10ac
Senior

Post by 10ac » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:05 am

[youtube]xrkPe-9rM1Q[/youtube]
Let 'er Blow!

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:17 am

crashcourse wrote:Im sure most of you would still be defending him if she shot him while he was parading around in a robe yelling allah Akbar

PCP behavior has led to 4 cops being killed the last couple years here in eastern Kansas

all he had to do was obey the instructions and lay on the ground

instead we are going to riot some more over an individual with pcp in their possession refusing the police instructions and say its the cops fault they should have treated the gentle giant better

maybe if the cop had hummed the star spangled banner they could have at least got him to kneel down
So in Tulsa, all the video is released, everything is transparent and there is no rioting.

In Charlotte, the video is not released, mysterious picture of gun laying next to body is now being disavowed, "menacing" shooter now revealed to be physically disabled and was shot while backing away from cops, every cop on the scene EXCEPT the shooter had a functioning body cam . . . and you have rioting.

In Tulsa, cop is arrested and charged with 1st degree Manslaughter. 99% chance she will be acquitted - prosecuting a cop for a bad shooting is like prosecuting Santa for breaking and entering on XMas Eve - but at least the community feels like the system responded, rather than covered up.

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:11 am

As in all questionable shooting cases:
1.) Conduct a transparent investigation that Is fair to the rights of both the cop and the victim.
2.) Follow the evidence, not the lynch mob that wants to skip #1 and put the cop's head on a stick.
3.) if the evidence indicates a bad shoot, punish the cop. If the evidence does not indicate a bad shoot, let the cop go.
4. At no point is rioting an acceptable form of protest.
“We hold these truths to be self-evident… by the — you know — you know the thing.” - Democrat Presidential Candidate Joe Biden

Professor Tiger
All-American

Post by Professor Tiger » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:27 am

Again I must ask: if the shooting cop was black, and the police chief is black, how is this shooting being called racist? Are we supposed to believe that black cops hate black people?

bluetick
All-American

Post by bluetick » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:52 am

pssst The president is black too, don't forget

all accounts are officially square
"OMG, this is terrible. This is the end of my presidency. I AM FUCKED!"

crashcourse
Senior
College Hoops Affiliation: Kansas State

Post by crashcourse » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:13 am

we have a society that is fast moving twords nobody wanting to be a cop because they are placed in situations where they have to make life and death decisions and whatever they decide generally opens them up to conjecture and ridicule and sometimes charges. You have stoked situations now where they are ambushed, stabbed, assassinated,

99% of the time for individuals who cant or wont follow instructions. should she have waited the 5 seconds it took before he opened that door-=-probably. but she had been dealing with this individual who was incoherent and refusing multiple instruction for 3-4 mintues giving him every chance to just ;lay 9on the ground until the situation could be sorted. obviously the taser cop though he was getting inside his car too.

shooting deaths of law enforcement up 78% http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/27/sh ... veals.html

is it really any wonder no one wants to be a cop when all they are doing is going into a field where for every mistake they make in the thousands of incidents they face each day they are crucified

anyway this isn't gonna get better. 5 years from now the shportage of cops on the street is going to start meeting critical stages--hell it already is--most forces are down 10% or more of what they are supposed to have

I hate the ridicule and scorn of so many people until they need one

Johnette's Daddy
Senior

Post by Johnette's Daddy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:11 am

Professor Tiger wrote:Again I must ask: if the shooting cop was black, and the police chief is black, how is this shooting being called racist? Are we supposed to believe that black cops hate black people?
I-N-S-T-I-T-U-T-I-O-N-A-L-I-Z-E-D R-A-C-I-S-M

The system (i.e. the training, attitudes and culture) of the police department are racist. It's NOT about individual cops.

Police chief suspends training program after outcry over use of black men’s mugshots for target practice

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... rylink=cpy

If this is what you are trained to shoot at - you shoot it first and ask questions later.